facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 13, 2012, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
What player's union are you talking about? FICA doesn't represent ALL foreign players as you mentioned. BPL was dominated by Bangladeshi and the majority of foreign players came from Pakistan. FICA doesn't represent either of these two countries. The most expensive player, Shahid Afridi mentioned he received his money and no other Pak or Bdeshi player has made any formal complaint in the media so far.

So Tim May and FICA represents a tiny portion of players in BPL but are making the most noise. Its not like those players haven't been paid at all. They received more than 50% of their payment and some up to 80%. May can raise the issue in proper manner but his first outburst was in the fan forum PakPassion.

Whatever happened was unfortunate. But BCB acts as the guarantor and that means players will get their due money no matter what. Other leagues takes time to clear their dues.

I am not supporting BCB's actions and this due should have been cleared earlier. But I don't believe May and FICA are working for the players. Even before the league, this same guy raised concern about match fixing in Bangladesh. So we have every reason to doubt his actions.

Old June 13, 2012, 01:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
What player's union are you talking about? FICA doesn't represent ALL foreign players as you mentioned. BPL was dominated by Bangladeshi and the majority of foreign players came from Pakistan. FICA doesn't represent either of these two countries.
mufi bhai you mean the Pakistanis. Who made big noise about players wage aren't represented by FICA. (Showing their love...for Bangladesh) I mean the hate

CWAB: Cricketers Welfare Association of Bangladesh
President: Naimur Rahman Durjoy
General Secretary: Debabrata Paul
152/2 N Green Road
Nahar Plaza
2nd Floor
Panthopath
Dhaka
Bangladesh
Phone: +880 2 9117698
Email: cwabbn@yahoo.com

http://www.thefica.com/en/our-member...-of-bangladesh
Old June 13, 2012, 01:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Here is the list of country who are represented by FICA.

Australian Cricketers’ Association

Cricketers Welfare Association of Bangladesh

New Zealand Cricket Players’ Association

Professional Cricketers’ Association

South African Cricketers Association

Sri Lanka Cricketers’ Association

West Indies Players' Association
Old June 13, 2012, 01:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Moc bhai, I read BCB doesn't recognise FICA

ফিকাকে তো আমরা রিকগনাইজই করি না (http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=det...e_id=1&index=4)

So this CWAB that is mentioned in FICA site doesn't mean that they represent Bangladeshi players.

Also Lotus said --

"Immediately after the FICA’s move, BCB president AHM Mustafa Kamal told banglanews over phone, “No BPL Player has yet made any complaint to the BCB for his due… Chief Executive of FICA Tim May did not even give us any list of unpaid players.”

and "Afridi, who topped the auction at $700,000, was reported last month as saying that he had been paid"
(http://www.banglanews24.com/English/...44288&toppos=1)

Read this as well - http://eprothomalo.com/index.php?opt...te=2012-06-10#
Old June 13, 2012, 01:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

@ mufi bhai. Have you ever been a member of any union ?

For example SACA and CSA are 2 different organisation. So is PCA and ECB.

Try telling Durjoy, CWAB does not exist. Even our beloved Ash is member of CWAB.
Old June 13, 2012, 01:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

BTW why you believe Kaler Kanta
Old June 13, 2012, 02:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Moc bhai, no I was never in any union. I believed Kaler Kantha because they quoted LK and it was his words and not of the newspaper.

From the very beginning PCA and FICA were very critical of BPL. At first they advised their players to not attend BPL --

"FICA, led by former Australia offspinner Tim May, of which the PCA is part of alongside the player bodies from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and West Indies, insisted on being involved in the player contracts but it was the only element that the representatives were able to control and Porter said consideration was given to advising players not to join."

Just after the tournament ended, head of PCA (which is part of FICA) said "It's early to press the panic button but I am concerned whether players will get paid what they are due."...what is that supposed to mean? BCB is acting as the guarantor and that means the player will be paid, no matter what. And Porter adds "We had concerns about the competition from the outset," Angus Porter, the PCA chief executive, told ESPNcricinfo."

http://www.mycrictime.com/newsinfo.php?id=1494

This shows FICA really never supported BPL. I am not supporting the delay in payment. We have to understand that the whole tournament was organised in very short time and thus there were some hiccups. But I say FiCA trying very hard to undermine the success of BPL.
Old June 13, 2012, 04:30 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
What player's union are you talking about? FICA doesn't represent ALL foreign players as you mentioned. BPL was dominated by Bangladeshi and the majority of foreign players came from Pakistan. FICA doesn't represent either of these two countries. The most expensive player, Shahid Afridi mentioned he received his money and no other Pak or Bdeshi player has made any formal complaint in the media so far.

So Tim May and FICA represents a tiny portion of players in BPL but are making the most noise. Its not like those players haven't been paid at all. They received more than 50% of their payment and some up to 80%. May can raise the issue in proper manner but his first outburst was in the fan forum PakPassion.

Whatever happened was unfortunate. But BCB acts as the guarantor and that means players will get their due money no matter what. Other leagues takes time to clear their dues.

I am not supporting BCB's actions and this due should have been cleared earlier. But I don't believe May and FICA are working for the players. Even before the league, this same guy raised concern about match fixing in Bangladesh. So we have every reason to doubt his actions.
Let me deal in facts and not opinion:

1.I didn't mention FICA, you did. I said the players unions (of each member nation).

2.You have to understand that no player will want to go public for fear of not getting paid their dues.

3. The power lays in the hands of those who are paying. Just because no one complains directly to the BCB is irrelevant. A simple conversation between franchises and BPL discovered payments are missing.

4. How long should a guarantor leave it to cover the debts when the payments were all due in February?

5. Players care about three things so they can perform for the fans: payment, flights and accommodation. The tournament was a success thanks to those players.

6. It isn't for players to be grateful they will be getting their money at "some stage soon". It is their contractual right to receive it according to the agreed schedules back at the time. The players all turned up on time and did their job.

7. The franchises, organisers and guarantor knew the salaries (as they bid at auction) and knew the amount they were committing to and the timeframe for payment.

8. The BCB had an Asian Cup to worry about, a resigning head coach and then a search for his replacement. The BPL was no longer a priority.

9. Whether or not FICA has an agenda is irrelevant. They, along with many players, felt the warning signs on payments were there in the competition itself. Some before. They were proved correct.
Old June 13, 2012, 08:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

BCB Should have remained quite and paid the players as they are doing. Releasing so many press releases are only working as negative publicity of BPL and Tim May is achieving what he wanted to, even partly. Even 200,000 out standing is an outstanding and they should silently sort it out. If Tim May goes to the court, that shouldn't have bothered BCB if these out standings are due to reasons beyond their control, as they suggest. More BCB tries to explain and defend their position, BPL loses more. At best give a well organized and articulated shut up call to Tim May if he comes out in public and talks rubbish on BPL ...if BCB thinks that they have done things the way they should have done. I don't want to see another press release from BCB on this issue anytime soon.
Old June 13, 2012, 09:57 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Tim May is simply asking for players to be paid. We can discuss whether his reaction is overblown or not after our Board has paid all the players their dues. At this point it is good that Tim May has created this extra pressure on BCB because otherwise it might have taken another six months. With this added pressure put on them now it is highly likely that the outstanding dues will be settled by the end of this month and the whole issue will be forgotten in the next six months. What we don't want is a controversy just before the start of BPL 2... so its good that we are dealing with whatever problems that arose at this point in time.
Old June 14, 2012, 05:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Moc bhai, no I was never in any union. I believed Kaler Kantha because they quoted LK and it was his words and not of the newspaper.

From the very beginning PCA and FICA were very critical of BPL. At first they advised their players to not attend BPL --

"FICA, led by former Australia offspinner Tim May, of which the PCA is part of alongside the player bodies from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and West Indies, insisted on being involved in the player contracts but it was the only element that the representatives were able to control and Porter said consideration was given to advising players not to join."

Just after the tournament ended, head of PCA (which is part of FICA) said "It's early to press the panic button but I am concerned whether players will get paid what they are due."...what is that supposed to mean? BCB is acting as the guarantor and that means the player will be paid, no matter what. And Porter adds "We had concerns about the competition from the outset," Angus Porter, the PCA chief executive, told ESPNcricinfo."

http://www.mycrictime.com/newsinfo.php?id=1494

This shows FICA really never supported BPL. I am not supporting the delay in payment. We have to understand that the whole tournament was organised in very short time and thus there were some hiccups. But I say FiCA trying very hard to undermine the success of BPL.
You are right FICA and someothers where always critical from the outset.and we're waiting to jump the gun... however bcb should have made sure that the payments where on time....even in his last statement was highly dubious...he can threat to go to court....but to link kamals icc candidacy and ridiculing bcb was surprising to come from someone holding his post
Old June 14, 2012, 08:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Adding to this, FICA also represent SL players. Where were they when SL players went unpaid for months and months from their own board? I never heard any threats to court or questioning SL cricket board's professionalism. Where was Tim May?

P.S. I am not supporting the delay in payment. It should have been cleared within the deadline.
Old June 14, 2012, 10:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Adding to this, FICA also represent SL players. Where were they when SL players went unpaid for months and months from their own board? I never heard any threats to court or questioning SL cricket board's professionalism. Where was Tim May?

P.S. I am not supporting the delay in payment. It should have been cleared within the deadline.
I think it's bit off-topic, since you ask for it here is some published media proof in time chronology order for FICA's activity at top to help solving SL cricketer's slaray crisis systematically-

FICA to look into Sri Lanka's salary delays -November 30, 2011
Unpaid Sri Lankan cricketers' plight takes international spotlight - December 5, 2011
Sri Lanka Cricket receives government bailout - December 11, 2011
ICC should not make direct payments to players - December 21, 2011
Sri Lanka's cash crisis threatens to overshadow tri-series tour - February 1, 2012
Cricketers salary issue resolved - February 17, 2012
Sri Lanka orders bank to pay player wages - February 17, 2012

Now if you compare same with FICA-Lota correspondance, what we find FICA was trying looking after every party involved in it-
Quote:
The continued broken promises and deadlines is causing great harm to the integrity of the franchises, the Bangladesh Premier League, the Bangladesh Cricket Board, and all of the officials within such organizations.
BUT Lota's literal "Fook off" ("Ameturish") reply/non-reply leaving Tim no option but to knock our court. As long as money is almost/about to be paid, We shouldn't be worried for BPL to be declared bankrupt like SL. What I seek to see what is 'Just'. Those culprits still their shamelessly speaking of court defence instead of taking the responsibilty with full explainationary media apology, they have no rights to play with my Bangladeshi national pride & image.

Last edited by cricheart; June 14, 2012 at 03:58 PM..