facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2006, 11:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Default A tribute to Bangladeshi cricket fans the world over

Guys,
It's been a while since I last visited this site. Once again, congrats to the banglacricket admin on maintaining such healthy discussion.
Where have I been? Well, the soccer world cup was kind of a revelation and I've now kind of "converted" into a soccer fanatic. I know many of you probably feel that by doing this I am being unloyal to cricket in general, and that's entirely true. But honestly for those who haven't found out, soccer is the "beautiful game" for a reason, and cricket is what many follow simply because it's the only sport in with which our country has managed to capture some glory, however small.
So yesterday I was watching this match. And enjoying it! Aftab and Nafees really gave it to 'em. But then, ahhh yes, Act II came along and the entire play turned out to be another exercise for the scorers and another reason why I have stopped following cricket.
So, I really really admire your:
Courage - wow, disgrace after disgrace, and you guys still have hope
Stamina - to endure so much and still be nuts about bd cricket takes some real training. Yes, I too remember those sleepless nights that turned out to be a total waste of time.
Faith - central to your fanaticism.

But if you ever "convert" out of cricket as I have, I will not blame you.
Good luck Bangladesh cricket.
Good luck Bangladeshi fans.
Ramadan Mubarak.

Old October 11, 2006, 12:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Its called "soccer" only in the states, the rest of the world reffers to it as "football" and in my opinion it is possible to be a fan of both sports, like i am myslef.

on a second note it is not the fault of our players supposed lack of ability that made us lose, but the defeatist mentality that Basher & co have ingrained in them that casued it.

honestly i sometimes feel like giving up hope, like yourself, but every now and then i see something good to keep me optimistic.
Old October 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

ahh...so you've converted...i'm sorry to hear that. man you were quite a fanatic.

as for me, it'll always be cricket number 1 (along with american football and basketball tho my following of those sports pales when compared with cricket they are all tied for 1st and only place )

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 11, 2006, 12:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Though haven't converted totally like you, I too have been watching a lot more "football" since the world cup. My saturday mornings are spent watching EPL. I try to follow all the champion league matches and also the Euro qualifiers with renewed enthusiasm.
Old October 11, 2006, 01:14 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Good for you guys who have converted. I wish I could too. Its a pain. Waking up at 5:00AM to watch some moron's putting up a signboard "We do not have common sense"
Old October 11, 2006, 01:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Good for you guys who have converted. I wish I could too. Its a pain. Waking up at 5:00AM to watch some moron's putting up a signboard "We do not have common sense"
Old October 11, 2006, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Convert? Haha I was always a soccer fan. I can't never watch crickcet if it's not bd match but football I even enjoy watching local latinos play. They tell me when I was coming out of my mother's womb, I looked like a soccer ball first 10 seconds.

In any case aosoif, Ithink I can kick your butt in soccer any time any day.
Old October 11, 2006, 03:05 PM
Test Cricketer

baisab, i used to be like you...."see something good to keep me going." Today I saw nafees and aftab tearing 'em apart.....and after all the mayhem that ensued, I decided that that was NOT enough to keep me going.

al Furqaan bhai, i understand your committment. Just promise me you will seek help from members of this board before you decide to committ suicide....when that time comes around

beamer bhai, awsum! me too...EPL and champs league, both great fun to watch. Great thing about football, it's not my country playing! Hence, I don't spend hours wondering why we lost and trying to find bashar's comments on the net....looking for a reason. Nope, if liverpool fc lose, i'll be sad, but i'll live.

Rubu bhai, i know you can hear me because we do (or at least i did) the same thing. Convert my friend!!

Sahid bhai, yes life's quite funny isn't it? I know I know you were referring to Rubu's post, but I thought I should say something to you anyways.

Orpheus, game on brother! I'm gonna kick you back to the soccer ball that you were when you were born!!!
Old October 11, 2006, 03:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Since we are talking Football, i have been an Arsenal FC fan since i can remember, their training ground is 5 minutes from my house, and Kolo Toure come to our Mosque every jumma. i feel low when they lose, i feel high when they win, but nothing quite compares when your country loses from a 6 from the last ball of the game, then again i dont i think i have ever felt the elation like i did when we beat Australia.
Old October 11, 2006, 08:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
ahh...so you've converted...i'm sorry to hear that. man you were quite a fanatic.

as for me, it'll always be cricket number 1 (along with american football and basketball tho my following of those sports pales when compared with cricket they are all tied for 1st and only place )
bro u'r so right....even thou cricket is my fav...but american football is the real sport i'll say...all abt the strength.....patriot dynasty...hell ya...but not anymore i guess....anway gud luck bangladesh against zim...cause i know we r def gonna need it....
Old October 11, 2006, 08:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baisab
Since we are talking Football, i have been an Arsenal FC fan since i can remember, their training ground is 5 minutes from my house, and Kolo Toure come to our Mosque every jumma. i feel low when they lose, i feel high when they win, but nothing quite compares when your country loses from a 6 from the last ball of the game, then again i dont i think i have ever felt the elation like i did when we beat Australia.
Didn't know Kolo Toure was muslim. Anyways..How about Eboue? he has become a great offensive full back. His passes into the box are pin point accurate. Arsenal is a superb team. No doubt about that. Hope they ruin Chelsea this year though like the style of Jose Mourinho..
Old October 11, 2006, 10:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

No conversion here! Cricket is the second religion!
Old October 11, 2006, 11:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aosaif
Guys,
It's been a while since I last visited this site. Once again, congrats to the banglacricket admin on maintaining such healthy discussion.
Where have I been? Well, the soccer world cup was kind of a revelation and I've now kind of "converted" into a soccer fanatic. I know many of you probably feel that by doing this I am being unloyal to cricket in general, and that's entirely true. But honestly for those who haven't found out, soccer is the "beautiful game" for a reason, and cricket is what many follow simply because it's the only sport in with which our country has managed to capture some glory, however small.
So yesterday I was watching this match. And enjoying it! Aftab and Nafees really gave it to 'em. But then, ahhh yes, Act II came along and the entire play turned out to be another exercise for the scorers and another reason why I have stopped following cricket.
So, I really really admire your:
Courage - wow, disgrace after disgrace, and you guys still have hope
Stamina - to endure so much and still be nuts about bd cricket takes some real training. Yes, I too remember those sleepless nights that turned out to be a total waste of time.
Faith - central to your fanaticism.

But if you ever "convert" out of cricket as I have, I will not blame you.
Good luck Bangladesh cricket.
Good luck Bangladeshi fans.
Ramadan Mubarak.
bhai, bangladesh cricket team aar 'halua tight' boila amader avabe fala chola jaben? jaben jokhon jan, valo thaken, sustho thaken.
Old October 12, 2006, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

I think except for few Bangladeshis who live in US and follow football few ppl know the rules of the game. Bangladeshis culturally tend to follow soccer and cricket. Cricket has taken no 1 position from soccer since 1990s. For me no sports compare with cricket. I love it. Thats why I am cricketboy.
Old October 12, 2006, 04:02 AM
Test Cricketer

i like soccer(football) but cricket is still number 1. and i will support bangladesh no matter what. win or lose i will support our cricket team. because its our team. i feel happy when ny yankees wins or when brazil wins in soccer. but nothing compares the happiness i get when bangladesh cricket team wins. i am with our bangladesh tiger all the way doesnt matter if they win or lose. i have faith that one day in the future we will be the best team in the world. inshallah.
Old October 12, 2006, 04:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Cricket's way better than football, but unfortunately, very few people understand the value of this sport. For instance, look at the world we live in today which has lost those Halyson Days, bad issues always gains popularity on this planet, whereas the good aspects are almost inconspicuous. Same thing applies here for the notion of comparing football's popularity to cricket. However, by no means I am trying to convey that football is the worst sport. Whatsoever, if you want to elicit on this topic any further, I am there to reply.
Old October 12, 2006, 04:29 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

What the hell is soccer?
Old October 12, 2006, 04:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
What the hell is soccer?
Old October 12, 2006, 10:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

u r wrong mr. many of us actually played the game unlike some experts here...

anyway good luck with your soccer/football/fotbal. hope our crickter's don't have such mentality...

btw woke up at 3:45 am to watch the game and freaken apnatv couldn't show the whole match. started having trouble when bd was 95/1 and the next time when i got the match back it was 125/6... so i blame apanatv for bd's mis fortune...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 12, 2006, 10:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Koi jai? Silam football player in the 80's in the pioneer league. Dekhtam Abahoni - Mohamadan're shei khela gula, uuufff!!! shopno chilo amio khelbo. Follow kortam Italian league. Milans, Sampdoria, Juventus, Roma, Atalanta, Florentina. Had numorous VHS tapes of the weekly highlighs. Fantastic mind boggling goals and saves. That was the first love. Dana/Gothia cup dimished the expectation but dreamed BD would turn into football power house in Asia. All this time followed cricket too. Listened to many test matches in radio. Ashes, Ind-Pak, WI-Eng etc.

With the rise of cricket and fall of football the tide changed. In Cricket we are still improving however in Football, BD is still on a steep decline. The national team that conceded 9 goals to a BD club team now beats BD national team. The team we would beat regularly now scores minimum of 4 goals in a half. Not to mention we can't enter in to their D box. This has happened in the span of 10/20 years. How can as fan stick behind this sport? Pathetic to witness the decline. So divorced the first love.

Now Cricket is everything for me.
Old October 12, 2006, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Now Cricket is everything for me.
There is still time. Start watching Danguly or Kabadi instead.
Old October 12, 2006, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

FOOTBALL, will always be ma sport, i only watch cricket cos its somthing bangladesh gets some recognition for....be it positivly or negatively..
Old October 12, 2006, 12:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
Cricket's way better than football, but unfortunately, very few people understand the value of this sport. For instance, look at the world we live in today which has lost those Halyson Days, bad issues always gains popularity on this planet, whereas the good aspects are almost inconspicuous. Same thing applies here for the notion of comparing football's popularity to cricket. However, by no means I am trying to convey that football is the worst sport. Whatsoever, if you want to elicit on this topic any further, I am there to reply.
my thoughts exactly...i'm not sayin soccer is a crap sport. on the contrary every 4 years WC is great to follow if you have a team and player you really like. but it ain't nothing compared to cricket.

even if bangladesh, for arguments sake, won the FIFA World Cup, i would still not really care that much. cricket is the sport. even if we are still the 9th (or 10th) ranked team.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 12, 2006, 12:35 PM
Cricket Sage

al Furqaan bhai, i understand your committment. Just promise me you will seek help from members of this board before you decide to committ suicide....when that time comes around

nah, i'm high on life and cricket, lol

#OneTeam1Dream