facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 12, 2006, 05:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Ben Roethlisberger seriously injured :(

Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- Steelers star Ben Roethlisberger, the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship, broke his jaw and nose in a motorcycle crash Monday in which he was not wearing a helmet.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2480830

If he didn't win the Super Bowl he would of been out of team by now, Still His Carrer Looks like it's over. He's lucky he's not paraylzed or dead. He wasn't wearing a helmet but thats legal in Pittsburgh.

Old June 12, 2006, 11:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

just a broken jaw

btw, redick won't do anything in the NBA

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 12, 2006, 11:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

His career is far from over. Wonder where you get your information from? It was not very smart for him to ride around in motorbikes ( I have spotted him a few times on his bike as the Steelers facility is directly across from my work ). He is very lucky to be alive. Broken jaw, nose, probable injuries to his knees and possibly a host of other things that they are not disclosing. But, all the early indications are pointing towards a full recovery. He will recover and Steelers will continue to be one of the best franchises in NFL...
Old June 12, 2006, 11:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The info was speculation by espn when it happened right away and the rumors were that he hurt both his knees badly, now it's just minor injuries good for him.

BTW: If Redick finds the right team he's gonna be gold.
Old June 13, 2006, 11:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

That'll probably teach him to wear a helmet in the future...

REMEBER KIDS: SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST!

and also stay in school and don't do drugs and blah blah blah...
Old June 13, 2006, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

he could've used a helmet.... should be back this season....
Old June 13, 2006, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

i am just surprised to learn that helmet is not mandatory in certain US states, esp for a bike that has a top speed of almost 200 mph.... stupid indeed..
________
Honda Transalp

Last edited by ialbd; February 19, 2011 at 11:55 PM..
Old June 14, 2006, 09:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

There should be a clause in every professional sports contract that bars players from these foolish act. 7 hours operation and it was only minor scratches and bruises? I can't put 2 and 2 together. Someone is hiding the info for sure. The good thing the incident didn't happen in the highway. Jay Williams, almost got himself killed with a same kind of accident.

Redick is a pure shooter who can shoot the lights out. However, teams prefers a shooter who can also play a bit defense. He wasn't a lottery pick to begin with. So this DUI wouldn't effect on his salary anyways. DUI's, drugs, Murder; NBA don't care at all. If they did the entire portland team would have been suspenped for few years now.
Old June 14, 2006, 01:08 PM
Test Cricketer

I'm curious. Which American sport pays the highest wages? Also, which athlete has the biggest deal in America and how much is the deal worth?

I'm sure some of you Americans can help
Old June 14, 2006, 02:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulw11
I'm curious. Which American sport pays the highest wages? Also, which athlete has the biggest deal in America and how much is the deal worth?

I'm sure some of you Americans can help
There are several types of income for the atheletes. 1. Salary, 2. Promotions.
Counting both Tiger Woods (golf), Payton Manning (American Football), Michael Jordan (yep he is still making money of Nike and his air jordan brand), Kevin Garnette (Basket Ball) is up there.

Pure Salary:
usually its a multi year deal. And at the last few years they make more than the first few years.

1. Payton Manning 34 Mill a year.
2. Shaq 32 Mill.
Some of the boxers would make a lot too.
3. Baseball A Rod is making I think 22 mill.

In 1996, with promotions and salary (35 mill), MJ made over $90 millions. Nike makes over $500 Million of MJ nowadays, lol. They are still milking the cash cow.

I am not sure if Michael Schumacher (the current highest paid pro-athelete 42 mill in the world) can ever reach to that.
Old June 14, 2006, 04:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Thanks Cats_eye. The reason for me asking was that once I saw an interview with an American sports journalists on Sky Sports, and they were discussing some NFL player who had signed a new deal. The deal was worth a lot compared to UK football (soccer) players and when I told my friend, he didn't believe me So I just wanted some clarifying...
Old June 15, 2006, 05:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

payton makes 34 mil a year???? thats including signing bonuses, performance based incentives, right? cuz i doubt his contract has him gettin more than 15 mil.

but abdul bhai.

in america pro athletes get paid the following ways:

1) actualy contract e.g. 5 years $70 million in NBA
- if player is injured he may get a salary based on how many games he plays...that is if he misses half the games in that 5 year span, he gets only 35 mil
- very senior players may get a guaranteed contract so that regardless of whether they play or not they get all the contractual money.

2) signing bonus - just by writing his name on the bottom of the contract, the player gets paid some money which he gets and keeps regarldless of what happens. i.e. a 5 year, 25 mil deal in the NFL might come with a 6 million signing bonus. the signing bonus automatically goes to the players bank account and the team can kiss that money goodbye. they wont get it back no matter what happens.

3) incentives - if player does something like score a certain number of points or earn a certain award he will get a definite amount of money e.g 2 million dollars for MVP honors.

4) endorsements - this has nothing to do with the sport, or the franchise. this is purely capatilism at work. big corporations e.g Toyota or Coca Cola will sign a muti-year deal that could be worth several times the players actual contract, to attract customers. most big name stars earn more than other players...but perhaps 80% of their money comes from endorsements.

i believe Kobe Bryant has a 100 million dollar deal with Nike

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 16, 2006, 06:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Thanks for your input al Furqaan. It seems that what I originally was looking for was the actual contract (e.g. 5 years $70 million in NBA). I think I was too vague in my question...
Old June 16, 2006, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

With all these money paid by the francise, the question how the franchaise earn money? Is ticket price too high? Because in football it is an issue. So many talk of football no more people's game due to high salari of the stars.