facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 4, 2005, 10:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default 2nd Test, 2nd Innings- What the batsmen did wrong

Instead of having 10 different threads talking about how wrong the English players and the umpires were against us, we should talk about how our batsmen could've avoided getting out, who looked comfortable in the middle and who looked dodgy etc etc.
I would like to see ppl talking about batting technique and things they need to improve on.

Old June 4, 2005, 10:44 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Ash's out was the only pathetic things bangladeshi batsmen did today. bashar lbw was doubtful and appears to be too high not to mention the possiblity of touching the bat as mentioned by cricinfo in their commentry. other got out by good balls. JO was extremely unlucky to get out like that. bashar and aftab played too many shots once again but since they scored it losts importance. nothing else to say about bangladeshi part today it all goes back to the rest of the 10 different threads....
Old June 4, 2005, 10:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

I can start with a couple of dismissals.
Nafis- didn't move his feet much. Didn't look to go behind the line of the ball consistently enough. Just hit a four of the previous delivery and could've left the ball with a bit of better judgement, although it was snorter of a delivery hit the splice and "controversially carried" to Jones behind the wicket.

Rajin- looked tentative and totally out of place in the middle all day. Was too defensive in his approach, but still it was a good decision to send him in instead of Basher as he player some overs. The shot that he got out to was utterly unprofessional and totally against the situation. He played away from his body, feet glued together and gave slip catching practice to Andrew Strauss in 3rd slip.

Ashraful- you're right about him, looked totally pathetic. I think his innings against India and how much ppl spoke about that got into his head and he thinks he can play that sort of innings everytime he comes to the ground. The shots he played which were uppish and eventually led to his wicket was unprofessional and against the team's situation. With 10 mins before the tea break- there was no need to attack Batty like that. He was also batting predetermindedly on that backfoot which didn't help his footwork also. He tries to wallop every ball out of the park, that only works in "alley" cricket, not Test match cricket. He should've danced down to the pitch of the ball rather than sky it high up in their air as Batty wasn't giving the ball too much air.
Old June 4, 2005, 10:59 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

nothing wrong all good this is the highest ever score against England for us ............
Old June 5, 2005, 12:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

i have to disagree with you again! If you don't wanna comment on anything that went wrong, then you shouldn't be commenting here at all.
This is for those ppl who thinks that there was something wrong in the performance of our batsmen!
Old June 5, 2005, 03:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

The way Ash got out is certainly wrong, you dont need to be a rocket scientist to see that............

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 8:08 AM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.
Old June 5, 2005, 04:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Dosto, tui khamaka ei thread ta shuru korsos. Jones oi "catch" dhorar por ekhon manush faltu pechal korbe.Instead of talking about how pathetic our bastmen were, we have to dwell on one catch, and that too of a guy who is miserably out of place in these conditions and who hasnt made a sinlge cricketing shot in all 4 innings in front of the wicket.

Ei shob kotha bad de. Start a thread titled "Vaugh and and Co are absolute cheats and should be hanged", dekhish manush pagoler moto lekha shuru korbo. But start a title with "Ananlyzing the technical deficiencies of our batsmen", shob gadha chup. Eita hoilo bangali.
Old June 5, 2005, 04:55 AM
Test Cricketer

[quote]Originally posted by chyicarus
I can start with a couple of dismissals.
Nafis- didn't move his feet much. Didn't look to go behind the line of the ball consistently enough. Just hit a four of the previous delivery and could've left the ball with a bit of better judgement, although it was snorter of a delivery hit the splice and "controversially carried" to Jones behind the wicket.

Don't try to make it controversial carry, when every english commentator has agreed that it didn't carry.
Old June 5, 2005, 05:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by chyicarus
Instead of having 10 different threads talking about how wrong the English players and the umpires were against us, we should talk about how our batsmen could've avoided getting out, who looked comfortable in the middle and who looked dodgy etc etc.
I would like to see ppl talking about batting technique and things they need to improve on.
hard to find out what went wrong after all this was bd's best performance from the 3 pathetic innings before. but if the batsmen could correct their mistake, i think aftab showed how to bat. good bat speed, played late....... other batsmen simply dont have these things.
Old June 5, 2005, 09:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

1. Ash is showing more and more how much immatured he is.

2. Rajin is proving his incapabilities against quality pace bowling.

3.I am disappointed with Rafiq & Mashrafee's batting as well.. where did their 'firepower' go when we needed them? BD almost legendary tail-end batting has suddenly completely disappeared!!
Old June 5, 2005, 09:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yes Mashrafe and Rafique's batting is totally disappointing.
Rafique bowling was also disappointing.:duh:
Most of us say that Rafique can hunt wickets in any kind of wicket....But he was almost a fiasco in this test series both with bat and bowl...
Old June 5, 2005, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Ashraful, Rafique and Mashrafe batted horribly. If they played sensibly like others then we could have made England bat,
Old June 5, 2005, 02:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

In terms of batting through out the test and the warm up matches... Nafees Iqbal could not bat at all, Rajin did not perform either, Ashraful bar the games against the Kids was not good at all....And what happened to Mashrafe and his batting i though he would an all rounder one day any way on to ODI matches.
Who to play huh? I wonder if Dav knows his best XI I bet Javed is staying ....
Old June 5, 2005, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
1. Ash is showing more and more how much immatured he is.

2. Rajin is proving his incapabilities against quality pace bowling.

3.I am disappointed with Rafiq & Mashrafee's batting as well.. where did their 'firepower' go when we needed them? BD almost legendary tail-end batting has suddenly completely disappeared!!
Old June 5, 2005, 07:18 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Eddie Barlow, the former Bangladesh coach made an interesting comment about our batsman that they are influenced by watching India and Pakistan players like Tendulkar and Inzamam hitting the ball all over the place in matches.

more >>

-Telegraph( 6 June): Bangladesh 'hit by the TV effect'
Old June 5, 2005, 08:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: nadif chowdhury

The biggest mistake was playing anwar hossain monir.
Old June 5, 2005, 08:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: nadif chowdhury

Quote:
"Most of the side are under 23. When they get three or four years' more experience and learn to play more consistent cricket, I think we'll have a good chance to beat sides like England."
The problem here is that...the players get dropped when new emerging 19-year old players start sparking in U-19 cricket. How are they supposed to get any experience then?
Old June 5, 2005, 09:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
Eddie Barlow, the former Bangladesh coach made an interesting comment about our batsman that they are influenced by watching India and Pakistan players like Tendulkar and Inzamam hitting the ball all over the place in matches.

more >>

-Telegraph( 6 June): Bangladesh 'hit by the TV effect'
I great article. I agree that more tours should help. Maybe we should let BD players watch the SA-WI first test with Kallis to show them how they should try to play (not that slow but you get the picture.)