facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2005, 11:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by little_master
ODI is a lottery....
Anyone can win.
But the fact that bangladesh did it only in two occasions against strong teams...
But resently BD is playing very good in ODI.
So there is good chance to win a ODI..
We need just two brilliant knocks from Aftab and Bashar
Now we are putting the pressure on the batsmen by saying their name and what to expect from them............

Old June 6, 2005, 12:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

If there is a win,, it will be against the English team as really I didnt think they were all that great during the tests. Against Derbyshire ang Glamorgan,, we will see a glimpse of what is coming during the ODIs.

But I think..Rafique, Mortaza and Razin has to shine for any possible upstes. they are still not awake. I hope to see atleast the Aftab "Tandob" in coming days,, he is becoming a Monster..
Old June 6, 2005, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by esteban_loaiza
Quote:
Now we are putting the pressure on the batsmen by saying their name and what to expect from them............
A good player proves his class by living up to this kind of pressure. I know Aftab is very young, but there is no way he can avoid the test of fame now (the British media today is full of his praise). If he does not handle the situation like a mature person, he will for sure suffer the Ash syndrom.
Old June 6, 2005, 12:29 AM

Quote:
But I think..Rafique, Mortaza and Razin has to shine for any possible upstes. they are still not awake. I hope to see atleast the Aftab "Tandob" in coming days,, he is becoming a Monster..
Yes exactly, Rafique, Mortaza, Rajin, Ash and Nafees are not performing up to their level so far. Hope Aftab's last innings inspire/motivate them to click together. If they does click together, we will see a big push to those big boys, if not a win.

Edited on, June 6, 2005, 5:31 AM GMT, by PoorFan.
Reason: Added slash
Old June 6, 2005, 01:13 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Just because we batted well in the last innings of a 2 match test series doesn't mean that we can score 200+ in the ODIs.
Old June 6, 2005, 01:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

ithinki the way that basher captians will be very important he needs to know the right time to bring on the slower seemers who are chacha and aftab
Old June 6, 2005, 01:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

lets hope our boys make us proud
Old June 6, 2005, 06:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
A win in Natwaste trophy is not day dreaming. True ranking does not say it all, but it sure does tell something. The same way we knew that we can't compete against the 2nd ranking team, we know that we CAN compete against the 8th ranking team. If bd remains positive from the first ball and goes all out I'm positive that we'll give them a run for their money. And if its a close fight, u never know what gonna happen at the end.

Well said mate. Thats the spirit. The show must go on!
Old June 6, 2005, 06:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Quote:
Quote:
A good player proves his class by living up to this kind of pressure. I know Aftab is very young, but there is no way he can avoid the test of fame now (the British media today is full of his praise). If he does not handle the situation like a mature person, he will for sure suffer the Ash syndrom.
Very good thinking from TheWatcher here. Well said.
Old June 6, 2005, 06:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

England have two one day sides.

A very average and mediocre one without Flintoff and a very good one with Flintoff.

Flintoff makes all the difference, and he is back fit.

The main reason we did so poorly in SA was that we didn't take wickets in the middle overs of South Africas innings. We had medium paced dobbers like Trescothick and Collingwood bowling. Whereas when Flintoff plays he bowls six of the middle overs and usually ends up taking at least two wickets, which makes a difference. Also, he is statistically the best death bowler in the world.

Just look at the proof :

Natwest Series last year - Didn't make 150 in the games before Flintoff came back playing.

Natwest Challenge last year against India - Flintoff played in the 1st two games and England one easy, he missed the last game and England got hammered.

ICC last year - Flintoff played, we beat everyone including Australia, except in the final.

His batting, fielding and bowling is all world class in the one day game. He is ranked the number 1 ODI allrounder in the world. Batting average of 35, bowling average of 24.

Edited on, June 6, 2005, 11:22 AM GMT, by rob22888.
Old June 6, 2005, 06:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
a an England team theat got whipped by South Africa and we can't get a win vs them.

Bangladesh whipping Kabir Ali and company is not as impossible as some make it out to be.

In the final test we had a 1-6 line up. Mortoza ,Rafique, Iqbal are much better in one day cricket.

And Ashraful will break out in one of these matches.
I think when we play Australia he's gonna be our best batsmen.

if I were him

He should ask for some advice from the aussies they way he got info from Tendlkar and Dravid.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a bangladeshi batsmen will get it's first century in ODI play and First 300 innings prouduced by the team.

Edited on, June 6, 2005, 12:11 AM GMT, by cricman.

You have got the spirit right here. This english team is not performing very well in the one dayers recently. Take the 2004-2005 south africa vs england one day series for an instance. They were beaten 4-1 even after three centuries from south african born english batsman Kevin peitersen.
Old June 6, 2005, 07:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
England have two one day sides.

A very average and mediocre one without Flintoff and a very good one with Flintoff.

Flintoff makes all the difference, and he is back fit.
. . . . .

Natwest Series last year - Didn't make 150 in the games before Flintoff came back playing.
. . . ... ....

His batting, fielding and bowling is all world class in the one day game. He is ranked the number 1 ODI allrounder in the world. Batting average of 35, bowling average of 24.

Edited on, June 6, 2005, 11:22 AM GMT, by rob22888.
That was an excellent analysis.
You have already figured out that he is the man england will be looking forward to win the one day sereis and the all important ashes which follows. I also think you will have to get andrew strauss and steve harmison back to their very best before the ashes.
Anyway can you ask flintoff not to play against the Bangladeshis in the one day series.Please.Just give us a chance. would you?
Old June 6, 2005, 07:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I believe once Pakistan gave an excuse that they could not do well in some series as they played against Bangladesh just before the series....... I hope England has a good excuse if same happens to them against Austraila. But most important of all, the confidence of Bangladeshi batsmen should be higher hopefully after this test and we expect them to continue that in the one day series. A win will be tremendous and so huge, but most importantly our team should shown some positiveness and competitiveness. We will always hope and play for a win and dont get carried away too much.
I definitely agree with you. The show must go on!!