facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2005, 03:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল
Default All we need is a win in the Natwest one day series

All that matters
:a look back into the 2nd innings of the 2nd test.

When the english team wanted to defeat Bangladesh in just two days on the satuday there was only one thing on their mind ::: Give a strong psychological message to the aussie team landing in heathrow airport on sunday. The message was ~~~we have defeated Bangladesh in just two days which the aussies have not been able to do~~!!! . Simple as that. And they acted as such. Like jones claiming a bullshit catch, Claiming extra half hour of play etc etc. But Bangladesh gave them a strong message as well. Did the BanglaCricket fans noticed that Bangladesh scored 297 runs in 69 overs in two sessions at a strike rate more than 4.30 in a test match where wickets regulary fell. That was sooooo Brave. Habibul smacked Simon jones for 4 fours in an over. Aftab hitting Flintoff a six like a right handed Lara and 2 fours. Two fours in an over was a familliar scene.Even look at aftab's strike rate, bashar's strike rate, or even belim's. The english bowlers should have had a hard look at themselves -- do they really deserve to win the ashes? i would definetly say, getting the match into the third day was actually a big psychological victory. I would also add that the english bowlers will have a hard time against the aussies. And the aussies will not walk back like poor nafis. BanglaCricket fans should cheer that after all english media crap and "ruthlessness" crap we came out fighting. All of us would get our boys to have a real go at the one day series to at least win a match against the aussies or poms or whatever or whoever or however doesn't really matter. All that matter is we will have to win at least one match. And again i would say that all that matter is we will have to win at least one match.

Old June 5, 2005, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

yes, i agree that all we need is one win. however, i don't see that happening in the Natwest Series.

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 8:23 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old June 5, 2005, 03:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Even Ricky Ponting said in the press conference today that this Bangladesh series won't have an affect on the Ashes, I don't think it will either.

Admittadly, despite how well Bangladesh played, in that 2nd innings, it was an arrogant performance from England. Such arrogance won't occur in the Ashes against a team England know are a cut above them. You should know, unless extremely clueless, that the England attack is much better than what it showed in that 2nd innings. Well done Bangladesh though, you punished England.
Old June 5, 2005, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Everybody knows that we won't win, but if they can make the matches a good compeatition then I'll be very satisfied.
Old June 5, 2005, 04:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Rob,
I don't know much about cricket . I am no expert. But as far as i understand when the batsmen are not performing well or playing very defensively the bowler has all the option to bowl well and try all his tactics or put an ultra-attacking field etc etc. Take Ganguly for an instance. He is in such a poor form that he became a running joke in indian cricket. But we all agree that he is a great player. If the english bowlers cannot really perform against a lowly Bangladesh batting which lacked confidence after lords debacle do you really think that all of a sudden they are going make the aussies strugle who are on top of their game. I am not an english nor an aussie. To me it doesn't really matter who will win the ashes. I was trying to get our fans to get behind our team. Our boys have performed so poor against england that a two day finish was a probability!!!!!!
Old June 5, 2005, 04:23 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

A single odi win against England would be handy but we can't ........ and again you never know ........
Old June 5, 2005, 04:31 PM
Test Cricketer

i agree. as we all know we won't win any match, close fights will be good enough. after 2nd test, i'm more worried about our bowling strength.
Old June 5, 2005, 04:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TeamManager
Rob,
I don't know much about cricket . I am no expert. But as far as i understand when the batsmen are not performing well or playing very defensively the bowler has all the option to bowl well and try all his tactics or put an ultra-attacking field etc etc. Take Ganguly for an instance. He is in such a poor form that he became a running joke in indian cricket. But we all agree that he is a great player. If the english bowlers cannot really perform against a lowly Bangladesh batting which lacked confidence after lords debacle do you really think that all of a sudden they are going make the aussies strugle who are on top of their game. I am not an english nor an aussie. To me it doesn't really matter who will win the ashes. I was trying to get our fans to get behind our team. Our boys have performed so poor against england that a two day finish was a probability!!!!!!
As I said, the reason England were so ineffetive against bangladesh in that 2nd innings is because they were arrogant. They expected to bowl Bangladesh out for under 150 again and got increasingly frustrated at Bangladeshis resistance, because they didn't expect it whatsoever. Therefore, the quality of bowling decreased as the England bowlers started to try and take a wicket every ball.

They won't do that against Australia, they will expect Australia to be difficult to bowl out.

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 9:36 PM GMT, by rob22888.
Old June 5, 2005, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

a win could probably have been achieved had one of the guys done something similar to what ashraful had done in the second test against india. that would've boosted the team's confidence and encouraged them to fight with flare.

but then again, i'm not sure even that would've worked against England in England.
Old June 5, 2005, 05:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

If you want to win then first of all you will have to believe that you will win. The problem with the Bangladesh team and their fans is that they cannot beleive that they will win. We will have to start believing that we will win and put our acts together. Srilankans started to believe that they will win and they won the world cup. If we start believing in hard work we will start winning. We will just have to start believing in hard work. And hard work pays off. Didn't we defeated india in a one day match recently? We need to do that kind of hard work again.
Old June 5, 2005, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

When you have a team like ours and you are facing two of the best teams (Aussies being the best team since the 1999 Australia team) obviously it is hard to believe you can win,
Old June 5, 2005, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

All I will ask our bowlers is to restrict the opposition under 300 runs and our batsmen is to score 200+ runs every match.
Old June 5, 2005, 07:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

a an England team theat got whipped by South Africa and we can't get a win vs them.

Bangladesh whipping Kabir Ali and company is not as impossible as some make it out to be.

In the final test we had a 1-6 line up. Mortoza ,Rafique, Iqbal are much better in one day cricket.

And Ashraful will break out in one of these matches.
I think when we play Australia he's gonna be our best batsmen.

if I were him

He should ask for some advice from the aussies they way he got info from Tendlkar and Dravid.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a bangladeshi batsmen will get it's first century in ODI play and First 300 innings prouduced by the team.

Edited on, June 6, 2005, 12:11 AM GMT, by cricman.
Old June 5, 2005, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

With Chacha's magic may be a win is on the cards!!!!
Old June 5, 2005, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
You should know, unless extremely clueless, that the England attack is much better than what it showed in that 2nd innings. Well done Bangladesh though, you punished England.
bangladesh's batting is much better than shown in the 1st 3 innings, but weaker than that shown in 4th innings.
Old June 5, 2005, 07:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
All I will ask our bowlers is to restrict the opposition under 300 runs and our batsmen is to score 200+ runs every match.
only 1 team has scored 300 against us in the past 18 months. india
Old June 5, 2005, 07:27 PM
Cricket Sage

i never thought we would beat india a week after our 5th straight innings defeat.

besides with our team anything is possible. we could lose by 200 or win by 20.
Old June 5, 2005, 07:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
With Chacha's magic may be a win is on the cards!!!!
At this point I wouldn't care of M A Latif (Last captain of East Pakistan Greens in the Quaid throphy?) hits the winning six!

All jokes aside, it would be great if Chacha went out on a winning note (he is rumored to be re-retiring in October) He always played with great heart.
Old June 5, 2005, 08:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: nadif chowdhury

I dont even need a win. As long as we dont lose by more than 90 runs, I'm gonna be satisfied.

And agreed that only one team has managed 300+ against us, India, but we're talking about England and Australia here. The Aussies are already aiming for 400+ and its a given that both teams will be disappointed with anything less than 320...
Old June 5, 2005, 09:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

I believe once Pakistan gave an excuse that they could not do well in some series as they played against Bangladesh just before the series....... I hope England has a good excuse if same happens to them against Austraila. But most important of all, the confidence of Bangladeshi batsmen should be higher hopefully after this test and we expect them to continue that in the one day series. A win will be tremendous and so huge, but most importantly our team should shown some positiveness and competitiveness. We will always hope and play for a win and dont get carried away too much.
Old June 5, 2005, 09:39 PM

Couple of 250 score against AUS or ENG will be our win I guess. 200+ score in all ODI's will be great.
If we can restrict AUS and ENG for 230 to 250 in couple of game, will be the chance for a good fight for us.

I don't see any win from this ODI series.
Old June 5, 2005, 09:45 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

A win in Natwaste trophy is not day dreaming. True ranking does not say it all, but it sure does tell something. The same way we knew that we can't compete against the 2nd ranking team, we know that we CAN compete against the 8th ranking team. If bd remains positive from the first ball and goes all out I'm positive that we'll give them a run for their money. And if its a close fight, u never know what gonna happen at the end.
Old June 5, 2005, 09:51 PM
Club Cricketer

A lot of expectations...from a score of 90 to 200+ runs in the 6 matches. Hmm, but without sounding pessimistic, I wonder if all the good work will be undone if we get thrashed in the ODI series! Just as we were getting our fighting spirits back, the format has changed from test to one day. And its not easy to get from one mindset to another. We took 4 innings to start fighting back. At this rate would it be the fourth ODI before we fight back? Makes me wonder though!
Old June 5, 2005, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

The best chance BD has is to exploit the overconfidence of Brits to win a match. But, again, if Brits see any chance of loosing against us, imagining the media reaction, they will fight to death.
Old June 5, 2005, 10:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

ODI is a lottery....
Anyone can win.
But the fact that bangladesh did it only in two occasions against strong teams...
But resently BD is playing very good in ODI.
So there is good chance to win a ODI..
We need just two brilliant knocks from Aftab and Bashar