facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2005, 10:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Quote:
Originally posted by Flipper
AGC,

This is because fans like AKA do enjoy it, and agree with it. But, sadly these fans don't agree with Bangladesh team management that reported the issue to ICC.
Flipper, why do you have to be so aggressive against board members who don't agree with your views. I know fan means "fanatics", but it is not a nazi army and not everybody has to be a blind supporter of Bangladesh.

I myself enjoy war of words, it is healthy to have difference of opinions. But picking on someone without any apparent logical reason is annoying.
Sorry Boss, Ai barar moto maf kora deya jaina!

If you think there is some aggressiveness in my replies, I will take some of the blames. (Ops should have kept my mouth shut.)

Well, about this particular post, I requested our fellow member very politely in another thread not to blow this out of proportion. I said it’s a serious matter for a team like BD’s growth. We have every right to express our frustration. He told me to calm down. I calm down. Then, Rob opens up his thread number 961, and insist on discussing it over again. Our fellow member then joins him forgetting our earlier discussion. Anyways, I admit I was little harsh on AKA, and there is no excuse for that, so I apologize to him.

But, Dude you try to make fun of my posts too. Remember your last reply on the 3rd test issue. Stop doing that otherwise I will be forced to join the Nazi armi, and with my aggression, you never know.........

Old June 5, 2005, 10:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

this is an age-old (well, in modern times anyway) issue, that will come up time and time again, because batsman "walk" when they shouldn't.

Umpires should stop this "let the batsman walk" business - even if it is obviously out, there should be a protocol in place where, the batsman waits for the umpires decision, the umpire explicitly indicateshis decision (ie. out/not-out/no-ball etc.), and then the batsman walks. This should be made a law in cricket.

The issue is not "spirit of the game" (ie. the fielder should be truthful and say he didn't catch it, bring the batsman back, etc.), the isse is avoiding confusion.
Old June 5, 2005, 11:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Seriously speaking,, Nafis would have been out after scoring 7 more runs anyways,,, besides, the outs given to Bashar, Mashud etc. was not right either,, we have to accept it and just move on.

This is to you all straight: Bangladesh cannot and should not even think of getting any benefit of doubt decisions tilting towards them,, its simply not gonna happen for us. We have to earn it the hard way. There are just so many of the 'de silva' factors out there for us.
Old June 6, 2005, 02:08 AM

One or two wrong decision may effect both side of the team as usual. England may have the glory of "test win in 2 days" and a "message to Australia of their supremacy", but that's all they could count. On the other hand Bangladesh had so many serious things for count from this test, like "test status is in question", "defeat by innings and huge runs", "scored only 100+ runs in last 3 innings", "being in bottom by totally outclassed" etc. And at the end England was on their way as planed (for their supremacy) and put Bangladesh to fight. Bangladesh got the wrong ( cheated? ) decision after a good start and in the middle of good a partnership, which has been unable to recognize by umpire, keeper and captain. Later on Bashar had to go in the middle of a very good partnership also was an arguable decision. And we are in the side of "looser of doubt" as usual. So it's hurts, hurts like hell than it's hurts England's captain, not being able to win in 2 days. Things are never the same as a matter of fact.

I feel lucky because we could have lost the match in 2 days if there was just one more "wrong decision". As the same way I feel angry and helpless when I feel we might have a chance to avoid another innings defeat if there was just one less "wrong decision". It's always hurts the poor one.
Old June 6, 2005, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

I feel this thread is pointless. Whatever the result is from the Match Referee is the true result. so lets just wait for his decision.
Old June 6, 2005, 01:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

by the way i don't think vaugan was going to call back nafees in his life time cause he is not a gentleman and is friend of a cheater.....So Rob you don't have worry about people following his foot step...

And about nafees walking off the pitch... he thought he was out (how the hell in his right mind he could think somebody will cheat even with us in the sorry situation,) but trust me from now on i don't think any bd people will walk after a brit takes a catch....Cause we now know brits will be brits...
Old June 6, 2005, 08:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

guys..please...

move on to the next topic...
what is done is done....
tests are over....

lets concentrate on the odi series...
and how our batsmans could score some run ...

give ur heart a rest for 10 days....
cuz its gonna start beatin again on the 16th...