facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 8, 2014, 09:10 AM
Administrator

ICC MEDIA RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dubai, 8 June 2014

ICC and BCB confirm receiving written reasons from Anti-Corruption Tribunal

The International Cricket Council (ICC) and the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) today confirmed that they have received the written reasons behind the decision of the Anti-Corruption Tribunal in respect of anti-corruption proceedings arising out of the Bangladesh Premier League 2013.

“The ICC and the BCB can confirm that they have received written decision from the Anti-Corruption Tribunal. While we remain disappointed at the outcome of the proceedings, we will now carefully review the written reasons before deciding on any further action, including whether to appeal any aspect(s) of the decision.

“In the meantime, the ICC and the BCB will not make any further comment on this matter,” the statement said.

Old June 8, 2014, 10:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Default আকসুও জানত!

আইসিসির দুর্নীতি ও নিরাপত্তা ইউনিটকে (আকসু) আনা হয়েছিল বাংলাদেশ প্রিমিয়ার লিগকে (বিপিএল) ফিক্সিংমুক্ত রাখতে। অথচ তারাই কিনা হয়ে গেল ‘শর্ষের ভূত’! দ্বিতীয় বিপিএলের আলোচিত ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরস বনাম চিটাগং কিংস এবং ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরস বনাম বরিশাল বার্নার্সের ম্যাচ দুটিতে যে স্পট ফিক্সিং হবে, সেটা আগে থেকেই জানতেন ওই সময় বাংলাদেশে উপস্থিত আকসু কর্মকর্তারা। অথচ ফিক্সিং বন্ধে তারা কোনো উদ্যোগ তো নেনইনি, উল্টো সবকিছু যেন নির্বিঘ্নে হতে পারে, সে ব্যবস্থাই নাকি করেছেন!

বিস্ময়কর হলেও সত্যি, বিস্তারিত রায়ে দোষী এবং নির্দোষদের পক্ষে-বিপক্ষে যাওয়া রায়ের ব্যাখ্যা দেওয়ার পাশাপাশি প্রশ্ন তোলা হয়েছে আইসিসি ও আকসুর ভূমিকা নিয়েও। বিপিএলকে ফিক্সিংমুক্ত রাখতে আকসুর সঙ্গে প্রায় দেড় কোটি টাকার চুক্তি করেছিল বিসিবি। চুক্তি অনুযায়ী আকসুর বিপিএলকে ফিক্সিংমুক্ত রাখার চেষ্টা তো করারই কথা, সে রকম কিছু হতে দেখলে বিসিবিকে সঙ্গে সঙ্গে জানানোও তাদের দায়িত্বের মধ্যে ছিল। অথচ বাংলাদেশে উপস্থিত আকসুর দুই কর্মকর্তা ভারতের ধরমবীর যাদব ও ইংল্যান্ডের পিটার ওশিয়ে সেটা না করে উল্টো নির্বিঘ্নে ম্যাচ দুটিতে ফিক্সিং করার সুযোগ করে দিয়েছিলেন বলে উল্লেখ করা হয়েছে পূর্ণাঙ্গ রায়ে। তাঁদের ভূমিকার কারণে ফিক্সিংয়ে জড়িত থাকার পরও অনেকের বিরুদ্ধে অভিযোগ প্রমাণ করা যায়নি বলে মনে করেন ট্রাইব্যুনাল।

যাঁদের বিরুদ্ধে ফিক্সিংয়ের অভিযোগ তোলা হয়েছিল তাঁদের অনেকের বিরুদ্ধেই শক্ত তথ্যপ্রমাণ আকসু সরবরাহ করেনি বলে বিস্তারিত রায়ে হতাশা প্রকাশ করেছেন ট্রাইব্যুনাল। যেমন, ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরসের কোচ ইয়ান পন্টের ব্যাপারে বিশদ তথ্য চেয়েও তারা পায়নি। আকসুর তদন্ত কর্মকর্তারা অভিযুক্ত ক্রিকেটার মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুলের সাক্ষাৎকার চারবার নিলেও ট্রাইব্যুনালকে সরবরাহ করা হয়েছে মাত্র একবারের জবানবন্দি।

Read more:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%A8%E0%A6%A4
Old June 9, 2014, 03:35 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

তাদের মধ্যে অন্যতম হলেন ঢাকা গ্গ্ন্যাডিয়েটরস র ইংলিশ কোচ ইয়ান পন্ট। তার ব্যাপারে বিস্তারিত জানতে চেয়ে আকসুকে বারবার তাগাদা দেন ট্রাইব্যুনাল। সাড়া না পেয়ে আইসিসিকে তিনবার চিঠি পর্যন্ত দেন ট্রাইব্যুনাল; কিন্তু আইসিসির কাছ থেকেও এ ব্যাপারে সদুত্তর পাননি ট্রাইব্যুনাল। পন্টের ব্যাপারে এত চেষ্টা করেও কোনো কিছু জানতে না পারার কারণটা জানা গেছে। আকসুর কর্মকর্তা পিটার ওশিয়ে ও ইয়ান পন্ট নাকি ঘনিষ্ঠ বন্ধু

Read more..
http://www.samakal.net/2014/06/10/65320
Old June 10, 2014, 02:08 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
তাদের মধ্যে অন্যতম হলেন ঢাকা গ্গ্ন্যাডিয়েটরস র ইংলিশ কোচ ইয়ান পন্ট। তার ব্যাপারে বিস্তারিত জানতে চেয়ে আকসুকে বারবার তাগাদা দেন ট্রাইব্যুনাল। সাড়া না পেয়ে আইসিসিকে তিনবার চিঠি পর্যন্ত দেন ট্রাইব্যুনাল; কিন্তু আইসিসির কাছ থেকেও এ ব্যাপারে সদুত্তর পাননি ট্রাইব্যুনাল। পন্টের ব্যাপারে এত চেষ্টা করেও কোনো কিছু জানতে না পারার কারণটা জানা গেছে। আকসুর কর্মকর্তা পিটার ওশিয়ে ও ইয়ান পন্ট নাকি ঘনিষ্ঠ বন্ধু

Read more..
http://www.samakal.net/2014/06/10/65320
Would someone be kind enough to translate what is being said into English about me please?
Old June 10, 2014, 07:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Would someone be kind enough to translate what is being said into English about me please?

Using the google Translator (https://translate.google.co.in/) :

"One of them was the will of Dhaka ggnyadiyetarasa coach Ian panta. He repeatedly urged the Tribunal to know the details of akasuke. Up to three times the message was not getting the response ICC tribunal; But the explanation received from the ICC tribunal. Pantera could not find anything tried so the reason is known. Akasura officers or close friend Peter osiye and Ian panta".
Old June 10, 2014, 07:51 AM
Cricket Sage

But here is my understanding what it said:

"One of them was Dhaka Gladiator coach Ian Pont. Tribunal urged the AKSU to know the details of their findings about (Pont). After not getting any response (from AKSU), the tribunal send letter to ICC three times, but failed to get any staisfactory response. The reason of not getting any information about Pont is later known. AKSU official Peter Osiye (??) and Ian Pont are close buddies."

The gist of the article I beleive is: The role of AKSU is in question and as an exmaple they provided Ian Pont's name. AKSU didn't bring any charge to few questionable people, but failed to explain their innosence with evidence. And thereby, even though some of them were not charged, there is still cloud in top of their head in tribunal judges' mind.

If I translated inaccurately or misunderstood the article , please don't sue me, I am just a messenger. I am just trying my best to respond to my dost's request, please pardon my lack of english language or lack of understanding a Bangla article.
Old June 10, 2014, 08:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Fazal mamu apne ki nishthur!!
Old June 10, 2014, 09:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Clicking the link:
Ashraful might get the Highest punishment

Tribunal has sent all parties the final verdicts of the investigation via email. Who is at fault, who is not at fault and why; everything has been explained there in details. After the sanction hearing at 18th June punishment will be handed out. Khademul Islam led Tribunal have questioned ICC's ACSU role and the reasoning of the who is guilty and who is not. The funny thing is, they question ACSU's role yet one of the their key players (in the findings) Ashraful is about to face a severe punishment. He might be banned for life.

The Laywer of one of the defendant on match fixing saga Dhaka Gladiator's Managing Director Shihab C, Barister Nowaj M R C yesterday told that by breaking the BCB's 2.1.1 clause his client has been guilty of Match fixing. Shihab's fault/crime was providing the money thus has been accused of having a big role in match fixing. Ashraful has also been found guilty in breaking the 2.1.1 clause. Ashraful himself admitted that he took money to fix the matches. According to BCB's law the punishment is 5 years to life ban. It is being assumed that he will get the highest punishment. The two other accused Sri Lanka's Koisla Lukaracchi and New Zealand's Lou Vincent who have violated the clause 2.4.1. The punishment for this is 1 to 5 years ban. The punishment will be in play after the June 18 sanction hearing. Ashraful's British lawyer Yasmin Patel has asked the tribunal to delay the sanction hearing date. 4 lawyers will be present in the hearing to find out what sanctions will be imposed on the players. The 6 who has been freed from any charges may ask for compensation to the accusers (ACSU may be). Besides all this, the rest can also appeal against the verdict.

The entire role of ACSU has been critisized heavily in this verdict. Two members of ACSU Dhorombir Singh and England's Peter Oshie might have made it easy for the match fixing to happen - the verdict states. Their role was the reason why some of the role players in this fixing saga couldn't be proved. From of one the sources it has been found out that between Dhaka Gladiators and Barishal Burners match, Ashraful has been accused of batting really slow according to ACSU's report; however, in the same match, Sri Lanka's T Dilshan batted even slower than Ashraful. When Tribunal asked why Dilshan's name was not there, ACSU couldn't give any satisfactory answer. For this ACSU's chairman have asked forgiveness to the tribunal.

Against several others ACSU purposely didn't give any evidence. Dhaka Gadiator's English Coach Ian Pont is one of them. Tribunal repeatedly asked to know retails (role) about him. With no response, Tribunal sent letters to ICC three times but they (tribunal) didn't get any satisfactory answer from them (ICC) either. After trying so hard, the reason of no information on Pont's role have been found out. ACSU's officer Peter Oshie and Ian Pont are close friends. That is why he (Peter) didn't let any harm touch him (Pont) [Very difficult to translate]. In the verdict, the biggest accusation against ACSU is, knowing before hand they (ACSU) didn't take any steps to prevent it.

That is the whole article.
Old June 10, 2014, 09:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Its not about you coach. The Tribunal findings are done. It is about ACSU and her role.
Old June 10, 2014, 09:56 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

তুমি রোজ বিকেলে আমার বাগানে ফুচকি মারতে আসতে...
Old June 10, 2014, 10:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
তুমি রোজ বিকেলে আমার বাগানে ফুচকি মারতে আসতে...
aste bolen. চুপি চুপি বলো কেউ জেনে যাবে, জেনে যাবে কেউ জেনে যাবে

Ash will get highest punishment. So he will stay in USA now and score centuries in turf pitches.
Old June 10, 2014, 11:02 AM
Administrator

BPL tribunal terms ACSU investigations into league 'flawed'
Mohammad Isam

The Bangladesh Premier League's anti-corruption tribunal has criticised the ICC's Anti-Corruption and Security Unit's decision to allow a tainted game to go ahead in order to firm up its evidence against the persons involved in corruption, and to not inform the BCB about the information it had gathered.

more
Old June 10, 2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Clicking the link:
Ashraful might get the Highest punishment

Tribunal has sent all parties the final verdicts of the investigation via email. Who is at fault, who is not at fault and why; everything has been explained there in details. After the sanction hearing at 18th June punishment will be handed out. Khademul Islam led Tribunal have questioned ICC's ACSU role and the reasoning of the who is guilty and who is not. The funny thing is, they question ACSU's role yet one of the their key players (in the findings) Ashraful is about to face a severe punishment. He might be banned for life.

The Laywer of one of the defendant on match fixing saga Dhaka Gladiator's Managing Director Shihab C, Barister Nowaj M R C yesterday told that by breaking the BCB's 2.1.1 clause his client has been guilty of Match fixing. Shihab's fault/crime was providing the money thus has been accused of having a big role in match fixing. Ashraful has also been found guilty in breaking the 2.1.1 clause. Ashraful himself admitted that he took money to fix the matches. According to BCB's law the punishment is 5 years to life ban. It is being assumed that he will get the highest punishment. The two other accused Sri Lanka's Koisla Lukaracchi and New Zealand's Lou Vincent who have violated the clause 2.4.1. The punishment for this is 1 to 5 years ban. The punishment will be in play after the June 18 sanction hearing. Ashraful's British lawyer Yasmin Patel has asked the tribunal to delay the sanction hearing date. 4 lawyers will be present in the hearing to find out what sanctions will be imposed on the players. The 6 who has been freed from any charges may ask for compensation to the accusers (ACSU may be). Besides all this, the rest can also appeal against the verdict.

The entire role of ACSU has been critisized heavily in this verdict. Two members of ACSU Dhorombir Singh and England's Peter Oshie might have made it easy for the match fixing to happen - the verdict states. Their role was the reason why some of the role players in this fixing saga couldn't be proved. From of one the sources it has been found out that between Dhaka Gladiators and Barishal Burners match, Ashraful has been accused of batting really slow according to ACSU's report; however, in the same match, Sri Lanka's T Dilshan batted even slower than Ashraful. When Tribunal asked why Dilshan's name was not there, ACSU couldn't give any satisfactory answer. For this ACSU's chairman have asked forgiveness to the tribunal.

Against several others ACSU purposely didn't give any evidence. Dhaka Gadiator's English Coach Ian Pont is one of them. Tribunal repeatedly asked to know retails (role) about him. With no response, Tribunal sent letters to ICC three times but they (tribunal) didn't get any satisfactory answer from them (ICC) either. After trying so hard, the reason of no information on Pont's role have been found out. ACSU's officer Peter Oshie and Ian Pont are close friends. That is why he (Peter) didn't let any harm touch him (Pont) [Very difficult to translate]. In the verdict, the biggest accusation against ACSU is, knowing before hand they (ACSU) didn't take any steps to prevent it.

That is the whole article.
This is the biggest pile of **** I have ever read and the worst kind of yellow journalism.

Pathetic
Old June 23, 2014, 08:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Lokuarachchi to appeal 18-month ban

Sri Lanka's slow-bowling allrounder Kaushal Lokuarachchi has said that he will appeal the severity of the 18-month ban handed down by the BPL anti-corruption tribunal on Wednesday. The appeal will largely hinge on Lokuarachchi's claim that the spot-fixing approach he failed to report was made by a team official, and not a known bookmaker.

"It was not a bookie who approached me, but an official in the team who provided me accommodation," Lokuarachchi told Ceylon Today. "So I kept mum. I'm quite ready to accept the punishment if I had been approached by a bookie and I kept silent. But it was an official of the team."

Lokuarachchi said that an element of fear contributed to his failure to report the approach, which he said occurred in the hours leading up to Gladiators' match against Chittagong Kings, on February 2, 2013. He had pleaded guilty to the charge from the outset of legal proceedings.

"[The team official] asked me to give away 14 runs off the 17th over to be bowled by me," Lokuarachchi said. "I straightaway said 'no'. Then another team official approached me and asked me to do it. I again said 'no'.

"In the dressing room another team official threatened me and said I should not tell anyone what happened. Naturally I was very upset."

Read more:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka...ry/754393.html
Old July 18, 2014, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

quote:
“The actions of Ian Pont in reporting the corrupt approach and then helping the ACSU to establish the extent of the corruption are to be highly commended. On behalf of the ICC, the ACSU and the sport of cricket in general, I wish to express my thanks to Mr Pont for all that he has done to uphold the integrity of the sport of cricket. The sport would benefit greatly if it contained more men of Mr Pont’s integrity and quality,” said Mr Richardson.
----------------------------

http://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2014...nt-in-bpl-2013
Old July 19, 2014, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
quote:
“The actions of Ian Pont in reporting the corrupt approach and then helping the ACSU to establish the extent of the corruption are to be highly commended. On behalf of the ICC, the ACSU and the sport of cricket in general, I wish to express my thanks to Mr Pont for all that he has done to uphold the integrity of the sport of cricket. The sport would benefit greatly if it contained more men of Mr Pont’s integrity and quality,” said Mr Richardson.
----------------------------

http://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2014...nt-in-bpl-2013
At last the truth is appearing.

Next on the agenda is to get many of these awful BPL Tribunal outcomes overturned.