facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 22, 2003, 10:23 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Now Football does not have any ground

I think the future trend of the papers will be that "football does not have any ground exclusively for football".

To me, its a big joke, when they have a (sorry - HAD A) ground of its own - the Mirpur stadium, they did not want to go to Mirpur stadium and now this trend has already started of not having any football ground!

Ittefaq

Old May 23, 2003, 01:16 AM
Club Cricketer

Football is going to get the new stadium built in Kamlaphur exclusively as part of the plan to give Mipur stadium to cricket.

My only concern is that we have been a test playing nation for nearly 3 years and we still dont have exclusive cricket/ football stadiums. Mipur stadium wont be ready for at least a year. Why does it take 9 months to move the atletics track

The new Fulltah stadium is completed but without a decent hotel near, it wont host any international matches for a while.

What happened to all the new divisional stadiums that we were promised.

Once we sort out the stadiums could u then plan and make decent pitches. So I can see it being a while before we get any decent pitches in our country
Old May 23, 2003, 02:10 PM
Banned

"Why does it take 9 months to move the atletics track"

-Because after having made the decision to do so now, it will raining for the next 3-4 months.

"What happened to all the new divisional stadiums that we were promised."

-You were not promised anything. Any reference to a deadline in this regard ? I think not.

"My only concern is that we have been a test playing nation for nearly 3 years and we still dont have exclusive cricket/ football stadiums. "

-Even some test playing countries do not have "exclusive" cricket stadiums. They have coordinated usage of the ground over each season, i.e. MCG.

The above replies are not meant in defense of the BCB, but more to ask you folks to be pragmatic with your assertions and desires.

Old May 26, 2003, 05:38 AM
Club Cricketer

listen puddit, i mean pundit.

- even if it rains for next 4 months, it still shouldnt take 5 months to move an atletics track. if the bcb was really serious on improving our pitches, they would get the mipur stadium ready as soon as possible.
- of course we we promised divisional stadiums, after wc'99..however no set dates.
- well only aus and nz play in grounds used by other sports, only coz they need round fields for australian rules footie.

i would say if we just started test playing then problem of stadiums is not essential. but after nearly 3 years of test playing, we should of progressed in stadiums hence to pitches as well.