facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 4, 2005, 12:19 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default A Good Fight Undone By Umpires

When Two of the best pertnerships are broken by umpires, not by bowlers what can be done? Specially for a team like us. Why all the times bad decisions has to go against us?

TV replay shows clearly that the ball did not carry for Nafis Iqbal.

Bashar's LBW was not justified either. It probably hit his bat first. Even if it didn't, it would miss the top of the stump by good 3 inches.

Did u guys notice that they showed the computer graphics for masud's lbw but never for bashar?

BCB should officially complain against this kind of umpiring.

If it was not for the umpires, we would have staple the dirty leaps of many world critics for a long time.

Old June 4, 2005, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

When you are at the bottom of the heap, this is what happens - you don't get the benefit of the doubt.
Old June 4, 2005, 01:16 PM

that was not a benifite of doubt. it was pure stupid decision.
Old June 4, 2005, 01:17 PM

And Vaugan showed that he is scared but not calling nafis back.
Old June 4, 2005, 01:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

What goes around come around, England have had some iffy decisions in this series as well with lbw's against your batsman.

When you are bottom of the heap things go against you, when England were there the same happened to them.
Old June 4, 2005, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
When you are at the bottom of the heap, this is what happens - you don't get the benefit of the doubt.
That's the rule of the world I guess. We have to live with at this moment.
Old June 4, 2005, 01:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Can we not report against the wicket keeper to the match referee for claim for the catch that was not carried to him. I remember Rashid Latif did the same thing against us and he was reported to the referee.
Old June 4, 2005, 01:32 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default How they changed the game!

Somehow "Batsman gets the benefit of doubt" has been changed to "Stronger team gets the benefit of doubt".
Old June 4, 2005, 01:35 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Rajputro
Somehow "Batsman gets the benefit of doubt" has been changed to "Stronger team gets the benefit of doubt".
it's really irritating.
Old June 4, 2005, 01:37 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Cricpagol
Can we not report against the wicket keeper to the match referee for claim for the catch that was not carried to him. I remember Rashid Latif did the same thing against us and he was reported to the referee
Yup, i think the team management can report.
Old June 4, 2005, 02:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Even Whatmore mentioned recently that we seem to not get any 50/50 decisions to our favor. Bowling or batting, we are at the losing end. This is not the first time this happened to us. Athar Ali khan was saying, its really difficult for a team like us, with few resources, when in every game two or three decisons are going against us. As we don't have enogh ammunitions like other teams do, one or two such decisions make a larger impact on us than other teams. Bashar lbw was iffy. You would think the set batsman would get a decision in his favor. Few very close lbw shouts by our bowlers went against us as well in this series. And the batsman involved went ahead and scored big runs. The impact is much bigger for us.
Old June 4, 2005, 02:12 PM
Test Cricketer

I can't forget how Hariharan treated us in the first test. And, now these two who didn't give the benifit of the doubt (if that's the case) to our Batsman, but gave it to their Batsman. In England's first innings Tapash and Rafique were denied on clear LBW descisions. If Umpire salso gang up on us, like Beamer said, how we are going to improve as a test team. One single wrong descision has the potential to change the entire outcome of a match. This is just hard to swallow.
Old June 4, 2005, 02:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I hope whatmore say's something about this
Old June 4, 2005, 02:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

What do u expect from British???? There is a reason they are called british....
Old June 4, 2005, 03:06 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Quote:
Originally posted by akabir77
What do u expect from British???? There is a reason they are called british....
Calm down!

- Mod
Old June 4, 2005, 03:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888
What goes around come around, England have had some iffy decisions in this series as well with lbw's against your batsman.

When you are bottom of the heap things go against you, when England were there the same happened to them.
Rob, good teams create many chances. I does not matter if 2/3 dicissions go againsts them. But weak teams like ours gets 1 or 2 chances, and we much get them in our favour to have any chance against the good teams.

So it is not same, at Lord, twice Masfee Murtoza was turned down LBW, and once Rafiq, those were all very close calls.

I am not saying we would have won if we get those in our favour. All I am saying BD could have fought a little better with those in their favor and also their moral would have been high. They would not think they were playing against world #2 test team of 11 players + 2 umpires = 13 players!

Edited on, June 4, 2005, 8:23 PM GMT, by dawah.tabligh.
Old June 4, 2005, 09:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally posted by rob22888

I agree with rob... Lets hope this "coming around" comes on June 16th at the Brit Oval....
Old June 4, 2005, 09:27 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Trescothick's out on Rafique's bowling that was out ..didin't give the LBW.... . How bad it's !!!!!!

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 2:38 AM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old June 4, 2005, 09:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

I have to object accusing umpires of "cheating", giving the benefit of the doubt to the stronger team etc etc.
I am a Bangladeshi fan, but i also think that we can criticise them now as we have the luxury of TV replays from a hundred different angles, the Hawkeye technology, Snick-o-meter, spin vision etc etc. The Umpires in the middle don't have the luxury of that and they have to make a decision in a few seconds.
True Nafis Iqbal's decision was iffy, but Nafis Iqbal is to be blamed also as from the angle i was watching the game, he felt that the keeper legally caught the ball and was walking off without really confirming with the umpire.
Secondly, i don't think Basher's LBW decision was wrong, it might be that if the umpire has a doubt it should've gone to the batsman; but he had none(benefit i.e)!
Yes, it is true that we don't get such decision, but a reason for that being that we tend to appeal for every bad pad, every lbw, even for every ball that passes by the bat. This actually has a psychological effect on the umpires and thus they even give the close decisions against our boys.
I would suggest, you guys put yourself in their shoes, umpire an amateur cricket ball match(not tape tennis games) and then you will know how tough it is to actually umpire a match!!!!
We're just spectators, but the people out there knows exactly what goes on in the middle!!!
So we shouldn't accuse people unneccesarily.
Old June 4, 2005, 09:46 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

It's a part of the match ...... we are the minnows can't forget that too . But Trescothick's should have given out ,that was a simple decision to make what has gone against us .
Old June 4, 2005, 09:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

When we look at Test cricket, we are playing with the elite, and when it comes to decisions, we're playing as the minnows. Then we also protest if someone brings up the idea of playing weak teams only in Tests!!!
Where's the consistency- naki are we looking everything that benefits us only?
Old June 4, 2005, 09:50 PM
Test Cricketer

we are the weakest test playing nation. we always face difficulty competing against mighty opponents. in every sinlge game we are handicapped by umpires. how can we do better?
Old June 4, 2005, 09:52 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by chyicarus
When we look at Test cricket, we are playing with the elite, and when it comes to decisions, we're playing as the minnows. Then we also protest if someone brings up the idea of playing weak teams only in Tests!!!
Where's the consistency- naki are we looking everything that benefits us only?

Why we play with weak teams only .If we don't play with the good teams then how can we learn ?
Old June 4, 2005, 09:55 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
we are the weakest test playing nation. we always face difficulty competing against mighty opponents. in every sinlge game we are handicapped by umpires. how can we do better?
It has to be the way the other sub-continent teams doing good .
Old June 4, 2005, 10:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

[Mod: racist diatribe deleted. Strike 1]

Edited on, June 5, 2005, 1:51 PM GMT, by Zunaid.