facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 8, 2003, 04:42 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Pilot decides to resign after WC

All should read this. Click below...

Prothom Alo

Old January 8, 2003, 05:01 PM
Banned

Well, bickering is part of the Bengali tradition, and everyone knows how cooperative the board really is !!

Our neighbors with their money cannot get a bouncy turf, and we expect our....

Nevertheless, this is sad. Very sad.

Hey, but isn't there a curfew on talking to the press. So I hope all this is nothing but a typical press make-believe piece of new. Or so I wish.

Old January 8, 2003, 06:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Default could you summarize pls

something is wrong with the link, i just tried
Old January 8, 2003, 08:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default I know the problem

IT'S IN BENGALI!!!!
Old January 8, 2003, 11:30 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Masud wants to quit because -

1) Can't give enough time to his family

2) Board is not cooperative with him as well as he thought the board would be

3) Has been telling to provide normal practice ground, practice wickets facilities to the board but not getting any permanent thing as of yet

4) Has been telling to provide a few hard and bouncy wickets to practice on but it did not happen

5) Senior players - who are out of the team, are blaming him particularly for excluding them out of the world cup squad (or just the national squad), before this, he was always a friendly type of guy to everybody.

Well if he really quits after the world cup, then it would probably be the first time ever that a Bangladeshi captain quits of his own will rather than getting fired by the board for some reason.

Old January 9, 2003, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Did you hear about Pilot being robbed a couple of years back

He was out playing and his place was robbed while "only" 2 maids, butler and wife Deeba where attending.
Old January 9, 2003, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

of his reasons for quitting, the one about senior players is silly and shows traditional bangali sentiment at play. of course the old timers are going to gripe. who cares? being captain means you aren't everyone's best buddy anymore, he needs to understand that.
Old January 9, 2003, 01:12 PM
Banned

Rafiq - you've made the right point.

A captain needs to be the strongest, mentally. Though being a Bengali myself, I suspect that that isn't always the easiest, given the unique challenges one faces from his compatriots.

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by Pundit]
Old January 10, 2003, 12:08 AM
Street Cricketer

Anyone want to speculate about who could replace Khaled after the World Cup? Or shall we wait until we're CERTAIN he'll step down?
Old January 10, 2003, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Default press conference

It was ridiculous to read he was crying after the press conference (today's daily star).

Hopefully he will pull himself together and maybe the trip outside the acidic environment in dhaka will set things in perspective.

it isn't easy to be in his position, however. he genuinely wants to influence and improve the team, but is up against all the typical roadblocks. i am sure those out of form ex-captains wish they could have done half the job pilot has been doing.

for people like bulbul to write some of the stuff in the papers recently just shows that no matter how good a batsman he is, he isn't above getting petty. that whole thing about the older players like prince, etc being better - give us a break, some of us are old enough to have actually seen some of these guys in action. it wasn't pretty.

as for the news conference, some bcb moron was spewing gibberish about pilot "piloting" the squad or some such nonsense attempt at an untimely joke - something that is a common 24 hour occupation for people in important positions in Bangladesh. so what's new ?

to pilot, wipe away the tears and just go out and play your game...
Old January 10, 2003, 02:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Default next captain

I think we could wait a bit before speculating on the next captain. But since the question has been asked, i nominate the Prime Minister's son. He will make a great captain, the Board will listen to him when he wants bouncy wickets, and Aminul, et al will shut up for fear of their lives. Harmony will be restored. (can't help but be politically incorrect here, politics aside I think it is so retarded for him to be on the BCB that I just can't help it)
Old January 10, 2003, 10:08 AM
Banned

Rafiq - good suggestion on the PM's son. But here is a better one -

Rafiq, use your charm and powers of persuasion, and turn the PM's son and Khaled Mashud into best friends - life long. Then, walla, you have the bouncy wicks, without the PM's son making it into the team.

Old January 10, 2003, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Default god suggestion

next time in dhaka, i will make it a point to invite them both to dinner so they have a chance to meet and network with each other..
Old January 10, 2003, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

You guys are too much.
Old January 10, 2003, 05:41 PM
Banned

Is it really happening....

...Arnab growing up ?

Expecting a dunk...
Old January 10, 2003, 05:43 PM
Banned

But you are right...or atleast if I am thinking your thought correctly.

Too often, concious/sub-consious political allegiances show up in many of our messages...and not too often are they subtle.

Old January 11, 2003, 06:07 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Politix

allegiance ? Here's my problem, whether BNP/AL, duitarey aami gali dei so when BNP is in the power and I say something against it, some folks with their absolute judgement turns me into an AL and starts to put words in my mouth. Same things happens when AL is in power. What can guys like us (who care for BD and could care less which party is in power - unless they are doing right) do ? We can't just sit around and not gripe (hajar houk, bangali to - oooops, kichu manush to bangali shunle bolbe aami abar Bangladesh birodhi, ki jala).

As for Bulbul - Just go back a few years and listen to his VICTORY speech infront of a forieng crowd and live International coverage which went something like - I hope the PM with give us money for our performance. Who says that ? So, when he says the oldies were far better, I'd say - TAKE A HIKE. With all due respect to our former players, they really weren't much better then what we have today. Current team performed far better then they ever did in the limited exposure they had.
Old January 12, 2003, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

good point on the comment about allegiance, tehsin.

Here is some news: plenty of people, young and old, no longer blindly pledge political allegiance to the major parties in Bangladesh. Mostly because these parties have not performed, rather they have together played lead roles to create the unbelievable mess that is today's Bangladesh.

So when the govt or the opposition or anyone does something absurd, go ahead and speak up and don't worry if your message has a conscious or sub-conscious message in it. I could care less if my message is subtle or not, it was not intended to be because I am not trying to please anyone here (nor am i trying to pick a fight). In the context of cricket, which is what my message was about, it is absurd that President Zia's son, now General Secretary of the ruling party, is on the BCB. He should have better things to do, whatever they may be.

I stand by my statement.
Old January 12, 2003, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Default @Pundit

Am I supposed to make a sarcastic reply? Or did you say that just for kicks?
Old January 12, 2003, 11:37 AM
Banned

Arnab - neither ! I have high regards and respect for your individuality.
Old January 12, 2003, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

I am always up for friendly banters...it's one of the things that keep me alive.