facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 2, 2012, 12:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
For those who thinks BPL (IPL T20) won't harm our cricket...

বিপিএলের দাপটে প্রিমিয়ার লিগ স্থগিত

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ০২-০২-২০১২

বিপিএলের কারণে ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেট এখন একেবারে বিপর্যস্ত। বিপিএলের কারণেই জাতীয় লিগ স্থগিত করে ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লিগ শুরু করা হয়েছিল। এবার বিপিএলের দাপটে আকস্মিকভাবেই প্রিমিয়ার লিগও বন্ধ করে দেওয়া হলো।
গতকাল বিপিএলের গভর্নিং কমিটি ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লিগের আয়োজক ক্রিকেট কমিটি অব ঢাকা মেট্রোপলিশকে (সিসিডিএম) লিগ বন্ধ করতে বলে। পরে বিসিবির ভারপ্রাপ্ত প্রধান নির্বাহী চিঠি দিয়ে এ সিদ্ধান্তের কথা জানান।

সিসিডিএমের সদস্যসচিব ইকবাল ইউসুফ চৌধুরী জানিয়েছেন, সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়ার আগে সিসিডিএমের সঙ্গে কোনো আলোচনা করা হয়নি, ‘বিপিএলের একটি সমন্বয় সভায় লিপু ভাই (বিপিএল গভর্নিং কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান) আমাকে বলেন, লিগ অনির্দিষ্টকালের জন্য স্থগিত থাকবে। পরে ভারপ্রাপ্ত সিইওর একটা চিঠি পাই, যাতে লেখা বোর্ড সভাপতি লিগ স্থগিত করতে বলেছেন।’
আজ প্রিমিয়ার লিগের তিনটি ম্যাচ হওয়ার কথা ছিল। ক্লাব কর্মকর্তারা লিগ স্থগিতের প্রতিবাদে কাল রাতেই ঢাকার একটি হোটেলে সভায় বসেন। সভায় বিসিবিকে ২৪ থেকে ৪৮ ঘণ্টার সময়সীমা বেঁধে দেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত হয়েছে। এই সময়ের মধ্যে লিগের খেলা শুরু না হলে পরে ক্লাবগুলো আর কোনো খেলায় অংশ নেবে না। এ ছাড়া লিগ শেষ না হওয়া পর্যন্ত খেলোয়াড়দের যেহেতু ক্লাবের অধীনে থাকার কথা, বিপিএলের জন্য কোনো ক্লাব খেলোয়াড় ছাড়বে না বলেও সিদ্ধান্ত হয়েছে। আজ এসব সিদ্ধান্ত আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে জানাবে ক্লাবগুলো। কালকের সভায় আবাহনী ও মোহামেডান ছাড়া প্রিমিয়ার লিগের বাকি ১০টি ক্লাবের প্রতিনিধিরা উপস্থিত ছিলেন।
বিপিএলের ছয়টি ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি দল একসঙ্গে বেশি দিন প্র্যাকটিস করার সুযোগের দাবিতে প্রিমিয়ার লিগ স্থগিত করার দাবি তুললে সিসিডিএমের সভায় সেই দাবি প্রত্যাখ্যাত হয়েছিল।

ওদিকে সিসিডিএম চেয়ারম্যান জি এস হাসান তামিম গতকাল পদত্যাগ করেছেন। তামিমের সঙ্গে চেষ্টা করেও ফোনে যোগাযোগ করা যায়নি। তবে বিসিবির একটি সূত্র তাঁর পদত্যাগের ব্যাপারটি নিশ্চিত করেছে। ‘ব্যক্তিগত কারণ’ দেখিয়ে পদত্যাগ করলেও গত পরশু সূর্যতরুণকে প্রথম বিভাগে নামিয়ে দেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্তটি মানতে না পেরেই নাকি তামিমের এই সিদ্ধান্ত।

www.prothom-alo.com
I like it.
Because of DPL BCB had to postpone the NCL games. Now because of BPL....

What goes around comes around.

BPL will not destroy our cricket. IT will improve everything. It will make the NCL more competitive now. Players now know that if they don't take NCL seriously and perform well, they will not get a team or good money in BPL.

Old February 2, 2012, 12:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
For those who thinks BPL (IPL T20) won't harm our cricket...
Obayed bhai, it is a scheduling problem which was always bound to happen since this inaugural edition of BPL was abruptly arranged.

This scheduling issue is nothing new in our sporting arena, let alone cricket and is not something you can directly attribute to BPL. Its just poor management coupled with lack of infrastructure development like stadiums and training facilities.

You can only hope that from next season, they will put thru a better arrangement.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 2, 2012, 09:12 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Our cricketers lack technique and fundamental attributes required to build a long innings. Our bowlers also lack the consistency in line and length to build pressure on the batsman. These deficiencies are not going to be solved by T-20 competitions. The only way to improve that is to play more of longer version games domestically. If BCB has a plan to use the money from BPL to build a stronger first class competition with improved facilities and pitches then I am all for this competition.
Old February 2, 2012, 09:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Our cricketers lack technique and fundamental attributes required to build a long innings. Our bowlers also lack the consistency in line and length to build pressure on the batsman. These deficiencies are not going to be solved by T-20 competitions. The only way to improve that is to play more of longer version games domestically. If BCB has a plan to use the money from BPL to build a stronger first class competition with improved facilities and pitches then I am all for this competition.
This is an excellent point, say what you want about the IPL but one thing it has done is use money from the IPL to improve grass-root level cricket and increase salaries in the first class competitions.
Old February 5, 2012, 03:56 AM

Quote:
I like I like I like
Old February 5, 2012, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Obayed bhai, it is a scheduling problem which was always bound to happen since this inaugural edition of BPL was abruptly arranged.

This scheduling issue is nothing new in our sporting arena, let alone cricket and is not something you can directly attribute to BPL. Its just poor management coupled with lack of infrastructure development like stadiums and training facilities.

You can only hope that from next season, they will put thru a better arrangement.
Yes! I only hope so too...
Old February 5, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

IPL is not India's problem. Sure, players like Jadeja eating 2 mil for 2 weeks bound to have issues, but that's not why. If anything, IPL helped India become a powerhouse. They don't have to take **** from other countries anymore. They made rest of us their bitch because of IPL.

That's the lesson for Bangladesh. Don't take **** from anyone, make everyone your bitch.

As for cricket, India will not have SRT or Dravids coming out of every where in this era. Now, do Bangladesh want bitches or SRTs?
Old February 5, 2012, 05:21 PM
Banned

Tigers need 4 day games, not 20/20.
Old February 6, 2012, 01:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

20 days of 20/20 is not taking away the 4 dayers from BCB.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 6, 2012, 05:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Our cricketers lack technique and fundamental attributes required to build a long innings. Our bowlers also lack the consistency in line and length to build pressure on the batsman. These deficiencies are not going to be solved by T-20 competitions. The only way to improve that is to play more of longer version games domestically. ."..............
you really can't say that. T20 is more testing format than any longer version, specially for the bowlers.... Look, ei rokom ha hutash kore luv nei...T20 is a reality and we have longer version as well.... A cricketer can develop very different sets of skills or even same skills in both the formats.... It really depends on their will to a large extent.... So please don't be so conclusive in ur opinion, that everything one can learn in cricket is from ilongerr version only.... I don't agree... It is the shorter version of cricket that has lifted the skills of todays players.... If there was no ODI or T20 in this world... We would be still looking for dull draws in sporting pitches after 5 rigorous days of cricket... So please don't be so ungrateful to the shorter version....

Yes, we need to improve in our longer version, but that doesn't mean that skills only develop in longer version... That's a limitation of our thought process only.

Last edited by BANFAN; February 7, 2012 at 03:23 AM..
Old February 7, 2012, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

^ + It's not like we have Bradman playing 50 and 20 over cricket for us - we suck in these formats as much as we suck in Tests and need to improve so that we can put up a fight against the Netherlands in Amsterdam. Our players treated T20s as "picnic cricket" when it first gained popularity and look at where that has brought us - while the whole world has taken advantage of T20's to change the one-day game, we are still stuck with guys like Imrul Payesh, that too for the lack of better alternatives.
Old February 7, 2012, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Payesh....lol....good one Asif Bhai
Old February 7, 2012, 10:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

In a way he is right, because Indians get paid so much in IPL more than international cricket they aren't that motivated anymore to play international matches. But bpl doesn't pay anywhere as much and our cricket is mediocre to start with, BPL cant do any harm imo.