facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 1, 2019, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Could be. But what I dont get is how can be so blind or ignorant to claim we only won against South Africa.................

Is Brampton the Hemayetpur of Canada?
Since Pakistan could not beat West Indies and barely won against Afghanistan with help of Gulbadin so these two teams don't count to him. They are not playing in this World Cup

Old July 1, 2019, 09:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Since Pakistan could not beat West Indies and barely won against Afghanistan with help of Gulbadin so these two teams don't count to him. They are not playing in this World Cup
Ahhh now I see the misconstructed logic of winning ONLY against South Africa.
Old July 1, 2019, 09:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Harsha has always been very supportive of Bangladesh. So I wouldn't read too much into this.

Honestly, we have a very outside chance to make it to the semis. England looks to be in the best position. Followed by Pakistan who only needs to win 1 game. We are in the tricky situation and need to win both of our games.
Old July 1, 2019, 09:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Beat them often and shut the critics up.
Old July 2, 2019, 12:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
How did we do against West Indies and Afghanistan?
What I meant was we only beat one team who is ranked higher than us. Of Course, I want Bangladesh to reach the semi-final. But I feel like we are doing little too much bara bari about our team performance. No doubt out batting has been super consistent but bowling has been one of worst in the tournament. Thus the results are just ordinary. We currently rank 7 in ODI ranking. If we can beat 3/4 top rank teams, then we can say we did well in this tournament. At the end what matters is the result.
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old July 2, 2019, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
What I meant was we only beat one team who is ranked higher than us. Of Course, I want Bangladesh to reach the semi-final. But I feel like we are doing little too much bara bari about our team performance. No doubt out batting has been super consistent but bowling has been one of worst in the tournament. Thus the results are just ordinary. We currently rank 7 in ODI ranking. If we can beat 3/4 top rank teams, then we can say we did well in this tournament. At the end what matters is the result.

It is not barabari to think we can beat Pak team who we beat few months back without Tamim and Shakib period. And why shouldn't we be optimistic about making semis? That is what fans of every country and team expects their team to do. And even the neutrals acknowledge BD has been playing really well in this tournament to be ranked top 5 most of this world cup.

And on flat pitches everyone's bowling suffers so it looks like bowling is awful, so far we have played on flat pitches except the NZ and Afghanistan game and we did pretty well in those. Afghanistan scored more against Pakistan than us when you see closely. And we almost defended a below 250 total against a serious NZ team if not for run out mishaps of their most important player.
Old July 2, 2019, 02:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
Well it wasn’t clear but thanks for the clarification. I agree we should aim higher but we should take the confidence we have got from the games we have won. Also such wins generate hope. Some people and media will always do bara Bari but it’s not like before.

We are still not a great team given our player quota however we are an improving one.