facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 27, 2023, 10:25 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

There is so much drama with this good for nothing team that in even a dead forum there are 70+ replies in the thread

So much drama with trophy cabinet 0, imagine what would have been if they actually won anything

Old September 27, 2023, 12:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Anyone seen the way they even announced the squad on their digital platform? It was dramatic as hell.
Old September 27, 2023, 03:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

https://youtu.be/8MIcLVwiM5s?si=Nry8mVkYjq-MR-27

So much to unpack here!

I also saw a video earlier today by Tapash Baisya about his experience in the 2003 ODI WC squad and how the seniors were always fighting then - - even literally (!)
Old September 27, 2023, 04:50 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Fascinating to see how former captains and players are reacting too. Looking forward to hearing more about the cricket syndicate Pilot is referring to:

https://fb.watch/nknakDzvCi/

And here's the Tapash Baisya video I was referring to:

https://fb.watch/nkngRrkGIe/
Old September 27, 2023, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Man, all in all, this sucks for Tamim Jr. He has a bright future laid down for him and he had no part in this drama yet people will criticise him if he does poorly (which is expected - barely landed his foot in international cricket and to send him off to WC is no joke and on top of that, he is the one replacing a guy who is arguably the best batsmen BD has produced). I hope he performs well and continues his carreer for many years to come. Knowing BD cricket, he will be blamed for TOP order fiasco when scores will be 20-2 and this is nothing new.
Old September 27, 2023, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo

So much to unpack here!

!)
I like this interviewer and it's a nice setting. But I didn't get anything crazy here. To take shakibs example, we should do what's best for the team and the country. Now is taking tamim in 15 make bd a stronger side or weaker ? He wasn't considered in place of some extraordinary player. Mahmudullah and mahedi made it just like that.

Yes I don't approve of tamims immature tantrum and I think he needs a lot of mental help. But I equally don't think he is being handled rightly here. He feels everyone is out to get him and that's why trying to get publics support and sympathy in desperation.

Shakib is a very smart guy. But he didn't convince me that part of this is not personal. He should be more kind and supportive here and not be so ruthless.
Old September 27, 2023, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I like this interviewer and it's a nice setting. But I didn't get anything crazy here. To take shakibs example, we should do what's best for the team and the country. Now is taking tamim in 15 make bd a stronger side or weaker ? He wasn't considered in place of some extraordinary player. Mahmudullah and mahedi made it just like that.

Yes I don't approve of tamims immature tantrum and I think he needs a lot of mental help. But I equally don't think he is being handled rightly here. He feels everyone is out to get him and that's why trying to get publics support and sympathy in desperation.

Shakib is a very smart guy. But he didn't convince me that part of this is not personal. He should be more kind and supportive here and not be so ruthless.
when I watched the interview, there were so many contradiction this guy made. I mean bro if you're gonna get on national TV and lie, atleast well prepare your lies lol.

Tamim is an idiot for letting them get to him. Tamim is one of those Mashrafee type of person, likes to be always Real with everything. Shakib on the other hand is a business man and knows his way around with words.

All these could have been avoided (atleast till the end of WC) if Tamim STFU during journalist interviews pre/post match about his fitness.
Old September 27, 2023, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Really feel bad for Tamim. That age old saying good guys finish last.
Old September 27, 2023, 06:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Really feel bad for Tamim. That age old saying good guys finish last.
Tie Naaki?
Old September 27, 2023, 07:02 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:

So much to unpack here!

I also saw a video earlier today by Tapash Baisya about his experience in the 2003 ODI WC squad and how the seniors were always fighting then - - even literally (!)
Thanks for sharing this. I would have asked Shakib, if he considers Tamim the best opening batsman we have or not and whether we should have taken an approach like NZ or Eng regarding their injured but important players (Kane, Jofra etc)
Old September 27, 2023, 07:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Someone asked Tamim to either not play or not open against Afghanistan (probably only that one match). That person who asked that probably was thinking about how bad Tamim is against Farooqi with new ball (Tamim often wastes too many balls before scoring 5-10 runs and getting out). Tamim probably immediately got angry without thinking about Farooqi (my guess) and he said he didn't want to play the WC (he admitted in the interview). In the interview he said he could have agreed with the condition if they approached differently (probably indicating Farooqi). Tamim probably thought his place in the WC was guaranteed after the prime minister incident. But the BCB had a long discussion which allowed media to create story (even Tamim admitted) about Shakib vs Tamim as they don't share good relationship and Shakib often creates controversy which made the story more believable. So, my theory is both BCB and Tamim are innocent, it's a big misunderstanding. Probably both BCB and Tamim are regretting now.
Old September 27, 2023, 07:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Thanks for sharing this. I would have asked Shakib, if he considers Tamim the best opening batsman we have or not and whether we should have taken an approach like NZ or Eng regarding their injured but important players (Kane, Jofra etc)
Good point. The interveiwer could have been tougher. But this was pre-planned and soft ball questioning was pre prepared. This was not an interview rather a shakib response in a formal platform appearing more professional.

He could have been grilled. Tamim look much better than mahmudullah on the second match but riyad made it not tamim. Mahedi made it how ? what role is he fulfilling ? U take 2 out of these 3 ..riyad mahedi nusum. Not all 3. Also as mentioned some saying about carring some extra injured reserve player..I don't know the rules... but he could have been accommodated.

If bcb thought he was too much of a liability that's an administration decision amd shakib should have no opinion about it instead He should be supportive of his playing partner since they learned how to hold bats and brought us many joys over the years.

Show some humility and respect man.

It's not like tamim is in sarker form. There is a genuine case for his inclusion in 15 man squad not necessarily 11 . It would not be charity inclusion.
Old September 27, 2023, 07:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

I knew a sports journalist from a very reputable TV channel in Bangladesh, we hosted them when they traveled to Australia to cover the 2015 CWC and the 2022 T20 WC.

They mentioned that BCB vets all the questions that journalists are allowed to ask players and management. If they are to go outside those bounds there could be future repercussions. So not surprised Shakib got some of the easiest questions given the situation. The whole thing looked very scripted.
Old September 27, 2023, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
So, my theory is both BCB and Tamim are innocent, it's a big misunderstanding. Probably both BCB and Tamim are regretting now.
Lot of hot headed Ness. I have no idea why tamim would get mad at a senior bcb official for suggesting he shouldnt play agaiant afghanistan. It shows his mental status is not all that good. Ideal response is to be part of 15 and encourage the youngster who is trying to fill that huge shoe of yours.

But these off field shenanigans shouldn't be the driver to omit his inclusion.

I can argue papon and our coach also creating a lot of off field drama .. are they being excluded from traveling with the team?

So shakibs comment on off field behavior is also part of selection consideration isn't really a convincing one.
Old September 27, 2023, 08:03 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

In the manner in which Shakib spoke about Tamim, Mushfiq, Ryad and Mashrafi tells you a lot. He may not be anyone's enemy but he is definitely not their friend. Whatever happened to defending your teammate and sticking with your teammate through rough patches. It seems he is very happy to sit in a corner and watch all the drama happen. At the end of the day Shakib performs and he is the only real consistent performer we have. I think he has a decent tactical mind but he is not an inspirational leader like Mashrafi was. His approach is a cut-throat corporate approach which is you are on you own, perform and survive, I am not gonna do **** for you even though I have power and influence.
Old September 27, 2023, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Lift up your teams morale shakib please.

There was no reason for this interview. What u trying to achieve? Nothing positive can come out of it. His players gonna hide injury next.
Old September 27, 2023, 08:12 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Fascinating to see how former captains and players are reacting too. Looking forward to hearing more about the cricket syndicate Pilot is referring to:

https://fb.watch/nknakDzvCi/

And here's the Tapash Baisya video I was referring to:

https://fb.watch/nkngRrkGIe/
Pilot starts off: I am not going to attack the team.
5 mins later attacks the coach and questions the selection of Tamim Jr.
Old September 27, 2023, 08:18 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Lot of hot headed Ness. I have no idea why tamim would get mad at a senior bcb official for suggesting he shouldnt play agaiant afghanistan. It shows his mental status is not all that good. Ideal response is to be part of 15 and encourage the youngster who is trying to fill that huge shoe of yours.

But these off field shenanigans shouldn't be the driver to omit his inclusion.

I can argue papon and our coach also creating a lot of off field drama .. are they being excluded from traveling with the team?

So shakibs comment on off field behavior is also part of selection consideration isn't really a convincing one.
The bigger question is why is the BCB director deciding 13 days before the game who will play the 1st game and at what position? If that's what Papon wants to do then may be he should hire himself as head coach.
Old September 27, 2023, 08:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
In the manner in which Shakib spoke about Tamim, Mushfiq, Ryad and Mashrafi tells you a lot. He may not be anyone's enemy but he is definitely not their friend. Whatever happened to defending your teammate and sticking with your teammate through rough patches. It seems he is very happy to sit in a corner and watch all the drama happen. At the end of the day Shakib performs and he is the only real consistent performer we have. I think he has a decent tactical mind but he is not an inspirational leader like Mashrafi was. His approach is a cut-throat corporate approach which is you are on you own, perform and survive, I am not gonna do **** for you even though I have power and influence.
Shakib is not an influential leader. He spoke about Dhoni but does not have the capability to emulate Dhoni's man management, heck not even close to Mashrafee. News is also coming out that he kicked out Nafees Iqbal and papon was sitting in the corner asking others to take care of it. Infact the news that are coming out is also saying it was Papon who was the one that called Tamim since coach/captain does not speak to him ... what a **** show
Old September 27, 2023, 08:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

And Shakib is the type of people BD cricket actually need. The senior in general are toxic mentality...look at Mushy, he actually wanted to throw cricket ball at a junior player during a BPL. The guy celebrates even before game is actually won then goes on the lose the game. I mean wth!

Seniors probably thinks just because they are seniors BD cricket owes them even when they are unfit or in poor form. They were paid huge salary, flats, etc for their services.

Mahmudullah was made to work hard to earn his place in the WC Squad. They didnt just simply select him just because he is a senior player. Then BD fans emotions kicks in without realizing anything.

I am predicting BD to actually do well, and Tanzid to come good at least few of the games. He has 100+ SR in Youth ODIs.
Old September 27, 2023, 11:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Why would Papon or whoever that person was had to tell Tamim he is not gonna play against Afghanistan or if he plays it would be in the middle order 13 days before the the match is supposed to be played?
If any tactical decision is being made, it has to be before the match(based on the pitch, weather condition and observing the opponent in other games like warmups) and the coach should be the one to convey it.

There seems to be a clear lack among transparency in the team.
Old September 28, 2023, 12:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I have an issue a with player who willingly skips out on bilateral series to be a T20 mercenary or for simply rest to speak out on Leadership.

The other guy has a bulging disk in his back and is on epidural shots, literally a debilitating condition & still is our best opener is the one being given crap?

I don't think Tamim said anything about Shakib in this ordeal but Shakib has openly taken shots towards Tamim.

It's a pity because this is the last hurrah for this generation.
Old September 28, 2023, 12:14 AM
Test Cricketer

People are missing the point. It wasn't just Sakib, BCB collectively kicked out Tamim for whatever reasons.
Old September 28, 2023, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

After this WC is done, the big 4 will be done but that's not all that should call it a quit. The whole effing BCB needs an overhaul - starting with Papon. There is a snake on BCB who has been leaking stuffs to the media since along Time. Causing misunderstanding between players, unnecessary drama and other stuffs.
Old September 28, 2023, 12:51 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

All this they couldn't wait untill the WC was over. Can you the change the team now? No? Then go play and do the dirty laundry later