facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 26, 2007, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Default Is Tamim a real tiger or a pussy cat?

I know I may be shooting my own foot by typing the title of this thread, but one cannot help but wonder if Tamim is going to be a real tiger or Nafis Iqbal to be. I know it's too early to tell anything, but raw talent does not take too much to take notice.
I mean this guy has talents, no question, but the way he threw his wicket away against Bermuda is simply unacceptable. It just hurts to see players like him misusing their talents and in the process fade away....

Your thoughts...

Old March 26, 2007, 11:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
...one cannot help but wonder if Tamim is going to be a real tiger or Nafis Iqbal to be. I know it's too early to tell anything, but raw talent does not take too much to take notice.
I mean this guy has talents, no question, but the way he threw his wicket away against Bermuda is simply unacceptable. It just hurts to see players like him misusing their talents and in the process fade away....
You've summarized my thoughts very nicely. Nothing more to add.
Old March 26, 2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I know I may be shooting my own foot by typing the title of this thread, but one cannot help but wonder if Tamim is going to be a real tiger or Nafis Iqbal to be. I know it's too early to tell anything, but raw talent does not take too much to take notice.

Your thoughts...
His batting looks like Ashraful's batting to me. He got out in difficult circumstance against Bermuda, but in his knock vs India he played at two extremes: Recklessly, and Masterfully. (D'ya remember that back foot square drive for 4?)
Old March 26, 2007, 11:26 PM
Test Cricketer

He was a tiger when it counted (match against India), if he can click in even every 3 matches it's enough I think. What concerns me however is Nafees' prolonged poor form, for normally I would expect him to compensate for an early Tamim wicket, but what's happening now is that both our openers are going out cheaply.
Old March 26, 2007, 11:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Against Bermuda, I dont complain about his out. It was nasty out there on the rain soaked pitch. The ball was darting like the mad. And above all the catch was stunner.

He is sent to the crease not as a saint, but to slain the bowlers. He is being used as the hit-man, who successfully demoralized Endian bowling and sang the blues!

Anyway, I believe with times he would be more selective for the loosners, and stop going after every ball.

Last edited by Duck; March 27, 2007 at 04:03 PM..
Old March 26, 2007, 11:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
He was a tiger when it counted (match against India), if he can click in even every 3 matches it's enough I think. What concerns me however is Nafees' prolonged poor form, for normally I would expect him to compensate for an early Tamim wicket, but what's happening now is that both our openers are going out cheaply.
Seems SN gets stunned by TI's batting and getting out early now a days!
Old March 27, 2007, 01:06 AM
Club Cricketer

tamim iqbal has been given license to hit at will by whatmore and bashar. he will get out cheaply in 3 out of 5 games, but he will rip bowling apart in 2 out of 5 games, which may give us more wins. he performed against NZ and India. i'm not worried yet. SN is going through a bad patch. he will do better in the super 8s.
Old March 27, 2007, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Tamim is a Tiger who is lazy and roars to life every now and then. When he does roar he is a sight for the eyes. For now I would just leave it at that and let him be. We can re evaluate his position in the future if we see that keeping him is turning out to be more a burden than advantage. I would be happy if he can give us a flying start and score some half centuries every now and then ie. at least every 7 match.
Old March 27, 2007, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Tamim Iqbal is the most talented batsman Bangladesh has ever had.
Old March 27, 2007, 01:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafees_mashrafee
tamim iqbal has been given license to hit at will by whatmore and bashar. he will get out cheaply in 3 out of 5 games, but he will rip bowling apart in 2 out of 5 games, which may give us more wins. he performed against NZ and India. i'm not worried yet. SN is going through a bad patch. he will do better in the super 8s.
Old March 27, 2007, 01:23 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Arnab decides to dabble in a bit of subcontinental hyperbole. But the answer I'm looking for is Ashraful. Tamim might have a good eye and power, but let him hit Harmison & Flintoff for sixers instead of Munaf & Zaheer and then we'll talk.
Old March 27, 2007, 01:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

both tamim and aftab are dealing with problems that ashraful knows only too well. both of these guys have a lot of shots in their hand. that combined with their youthful exuberance equal reckless batting. in time they'll come good (ash is further along this path then those two, which makes sense because he's been playing for a whole lot longer)

Last edited by shovon13; March 27, 2007 at 02:11 AM..
Old March 27, 2007, 01:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I think he is a bit of pussy cat and a bit of a Tiger, a rare mixture of Tiger and pussycat. He is a Tigercat..
Old March 27, 2007, 01:53 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Tamim is a great batsman. It was unlucky the way he got out in Bermuda match. That was a genuine powerplay shot, but the fielder made huge ground and caught that.

There is no question about Tamim's batting. He is here to stay.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 27, 2007, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Arnab decides to dabble in a bit of subcontinental hyperbole. But the answer I'm looking for is Ashraful. Tamim might have a good eye and power, but let him hit Harmison & Flintoff for sixers instead of Munaf & Zaheer and then we'll talk.
If tiny, erratic, flukey Ashraful can do it, Tamim can too. Ashraful is cagey, small, uninspiring, inconsistent and his conversion ratio is abysmal. Ashraful is full of false courage, recklessness and unfulfilled potential and will likely forever remain so. Asraful is a mudir dokandar who's got some pretty knickknacks and got lucky.

Tamim is a genuine attacking batsman. Strong, forthright, talented, and he is born to deliver. Tamim means real business, big business.
Old March 27, 2007, 02:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
both tamim and aftab are dealing with problems that ashraful knows only too well.
Tamim is nothing like Ashraful or Aftab.

Aftab is even worse than Ashraful. Should be dropped immediately as soon as another Tamim-like talent comes through.
Old March 27, 2007, 02:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Don't say crap as Tamim never plays well against the minnows but with the real team he is ;

Just watch his average to find out ;

So , this is an useless thread ;
Old March 27, 2007, 02:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

He is the real deal. No doubt about that.
Old March 27, 2007, 04:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Please do not bash Aftab or Ashraful just to make Tamim look better, the problem with bangladeshi cricket fans is that they expect too much out of their players all the time. I am not saying that means "shath khun maaf" but it hasn't been too long since they are out of form, the super eight hasn't even started and the fans are pouncing on such technically gifted players such as Aftab and Ashraful. They have done it for us time and time again and there is no way we can think of an alternative just yet, however no body knows about the future.

I want to point out one thing about Tamim Iqbal,

With S.Nafees's slump in form, i think Tamim is in two minds whether to attack all out or look for the bad balls to hit like in the first match. Aftab and Tamim hit their way out of trouble, when things are not going right for them. I just think if Nafees was batting well and holding the other end steady with singles and occassional boundaries, we would have seen a whole new successful Tamim. And having followed him from his u-19 and premier league days I know one thing, if he gets to 20 there is no stopping for him, he will crack big time and score big time. He just needs to focus and look for the bad balls in the beginning and accept that the bowler will probably bowl 5 GOOD balls and 1 BAD ball, which he needs to hit... But only in the beginning, coz after 20 he will see the ball as big as anyone.
Old March 27, 2007, 04:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

we need power hitters like tamim and aftab in the team. they may fail somedays but if they click, we are in business
Old March 27, 2007, 05:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Agree completely, hope he does realize that and play his shot after bit settling down.. that's what all we want.. he reminded me of Lara on that day when he played shots against India.. but long way to go...
Old March 27, 2007, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Hope for The Best.........
Old March 27, 2007, 05:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
If tiny, erratic, flukey Ashraful can do it, Tamim can too. Ashraful is cagey, small, uninspiring, inconsistent and his conversion ratio is abysmal. Ashraful is full of false courage, recklessness and unfulfilled potential and will likely forever remain so. Asraful is a mudir dokandar who's got some pretty knickknacks and got lucky.

Tamim is a genuine attacking batsman. Strong, forthright, talented, and he is born to deliver. Tamim means real business, big business.
Ashraful is talented no doubt about that, he can play strokes and prone to be attacking that has been proved many times, only thing is so far concerning is that Tamim played very few games.. he is on the learning process.. still time left to prove his ability. Ashraful on the other hand is most talented Batsman so far who is becoming more mature and can play any mode of game that has been proved in the last three matches. His shot ability, selection is far better then Tamim so far. But I like Tamim as well for his unique style.. these two are different and both are talented with own style. No comparison appropriate between them,just my opinion.
Old March 27, 2007, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Tamim will only get better with experience. He is smart, he is fearless and with time, he will be unstopable. We need to be patient with him.
Old March 27, 2007, 09:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

and he is a superb fielder, probably the best in bd team