facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 16, 2005, 05:25 PM
Banned

Default Murali\'s betting connection and how BD players can utilize his present mental condition

BD batsmen now can utilize the depressive mental condition that Murali is undergoing now after he is accused of betting connection in Mumbai and also maintaning relationship with a bar dancer. So, this should have some effecs in his bowling against BD, now our players should show aggressiveness against him. For more info about Murali's possible involvement in a gambling and match-fixing read Ace spinner denies links with bar dancer

Old September 16, 2005, 05:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Do Issues outside of cricket effect Shane Warne? No, so I expect BD to face the same Murali.
Old September 16, 2005, 05:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

Quote:
Originally posted by vindeshi
BD batsmen now can utilize the depressive mental condition that Murali is undergoing now after he is accused of betting connection in Mumbai and also maintaning relationship with a bar dancer. So, this should have some effecs in his bowling against BD, now our players should show aggressiveness against him. For more info about Murali's possible involvement in a gambling and match-fixing read Ace spinner denies links with bar dancer
yeah yeah..wait for 20th sept...first be competent yourself..then think about exploiting psych advantages..
Old September 16, 2005, 06:01 PM
Banned

oh yea?
Old September 16, 2005, 08:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
Do Issues outside of cricket effect Shane Warne? No, so I expect BD to face the same Murali.
Ethnicity plays a role with the emotional reactions in his/her profession differently as it is for a white person and a sub-continental person. The sad part is Murali is kind of person who utilizes his emotion to tender his psychic strength further. So whatever Tarannum Khan dilemma would affect his brain it would be more like an anti-Nafis Iqbal syndrome in this case.

I will not be surprised if he makes a record in next match.
Old September 16, 2005, 08:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

i kind of agreeeee with vindeshi. subcontinentals are weak mentally. this could be used in BDs favor; if they tease him in the field...
Old September 16, 2005, 08:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

How very silly !

Murali spun out the Bangladeshi batsmen (they must still be spinning) last week. And that was when all this was going on.

These betting / match fixing stories surface every time the country in which they originate gets thrashed by another team. Recently Sri Lanka and New Zealand beat the living daylights out of them and see who are being accused. Like the Aussies use sledging to demoralise other teams, this country uses this technique.

There was a similar allegation some time ago against two of the best players Sri Lanka ever produced and finally it was proven in courts that the guy who was making these statements had been lying through his hat.

Also, I don't think Bangldesh can use this kind of thing to do well in a match yet. Before you could even dream of being able to use such psychological tactics, you have to get your very basics in batting, bowling, fielding, captaincy, mental aspects and even facing press / TV interviews right.

It will be interesting to revisit this subject after the second test.

Good luck Bangladeshi cricket.

Edited on, September 17, 2005, 1:54 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old September 16, 2005, 09:00 PM
Banned

Well yeah I also think that BD players could hardly exploit the phycological disadvantages that Murali is undegoing now but nevertheless the pressure is on BD players because it doesn't matter what happens outside the field Murali will surely give his best shot in the game. And on the other hand, BD batsmen have no alternative choice other than play sensible cricket in the second test.
Old September 16, 2005, 09:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

You are absolutely right vindeshi. BD players are under pressure and they need to focus on their technique and do well.

Over the past few days I have seen a lot of stuff in the media about Bangladesh's test status again ! This lobby will continue until Bangladesh stamps her class !

I for one hope that BD would give SL a run for their money so that we in Sri Lanka could enjoy some good competitive cricket. Sri Lankan fans like me have been badly deprived of that so far on this tour.
Old September 16, 2005, 11:33 PM
Banned

Thanks "abherath" for your logical opinion and yeah BD players should compete considerably well this time. Or otherwise the lobby for taking away test status would strengthen again.
Old September 17, 2005, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

murali's a professional. he's been through a lot of trash throughout his career, and yet he is regarded as the best of his kind and time. a simple allegation with a bar tender or dancer or whatever she is will make no difference in his approach to the game.

besides, he killed our line-up in the first test. bangladeshi batsmen can't even play trash delivered by losers like herath and the guy whose last name starts with a "K" (pardon my ignorance ), let alone taking advantage of the opposition's state of mind.
Old September 17, 2005, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by One World
So whatever Tarannum Khan dilemma would affect his brain it would be more like an anti-Nafis Iqbal syndrome in this case.

I will not be surprised if he makes a record in next match.
I agree. i think murali might make it a 10 for and our nxt score would be 68.
Old September 17, 2005, 09:15 AM
Banned

Lets watch whose gonna overcome all the pressure in the second test.
Old September 18, 2005, 08:24 AM
Banned

I think Murali won't have any impact on the match, he's gonna bowl as deadly as he can.
Old September 18, 2005, 08:56 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

its up to pilot to exploit the situation. if he can do some nifty slegging during murali's bowling based on this issue, it might not be too hard to destroy murali's concentration.
Old September 18, 2005, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

its not murali's mental state but it is bangladeshi batsman's mental state that needs to be fixed. ashraful, aftab, abir etc are too "chotfote"(impatient). a spinner like murali wont give loose deliveries to score. so they have to wait and wait and wait. remember how ash was dismissed in the 1st innings, 1st day wicket it was not turning much so murali just kept it tight. ash could not score of him so he had to step out and play a risky shot. maybe dav should declare a contest, lets see how many deliveries each batsman can face rather than how many runs they make.
Old September 18, 2005, 11:18 AM
Banned

yeah itz been seeing that BD batsmen are competing who ones to get out cheaply.
Old September 18, 2005, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by kaisermatin
i kind of agreeeee with vindeshi. subcontinentals are weak mentally. this could be used in BDs favor; if they tease him in the field...
I dont think BD players use sledging in the field. On the contrary they are too friendly, too eager to shake hands after a match with their opponrnts.
Old September 18, 2005, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketboy
I dont think BD players use sledging in the field. On the contrary they are too friendly, too eager to shake hands after a match with their opponrnts.
it's the culture and language barriers. they'll fail to construct meaningful and witty sentences if they make an attempt, and will probably end up causing the batsman to LHAO. and also, they probably have never heard of words such as f***.
Old September 18, 2005, 12:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

What a great wishfull thinking!!!

Before judging if BD players are strong enough to take advantage of any problem (!) that Murali might have... we should really try to realize first.. if Murali is 'weak enough' to let BD batsmen take any upper hand for the 'severe crisis' (!!) he has been going through!

Even without Murali... SL is among the top strongest teams in the Rank Table. Lets come out of any 'Unreal Dream' like this and prepare to face another toughest Test match!
Old September 18, 2005, 06:40 PM
Banned

yeah without Murali Srilanka will remain as strong as they have been of the past few years, so doesn't make any differences in Murali's mental condition now.
Old September 18, 2005, 07:06 PM
Cricket Legend

hmmm i am not so sure. without murali srilanka wont be half the test side they are. infact has sl ever got a test win without murali?
Old September 19, 2005, 07:55 AM
Street Cricketer

This is funny. Murali to be dragged into such trivial things ??? Not a chance. Just think of the people who have tried to wreck his career...

1) ACB
2) Aus Media,
3) Darrel Hair,
4) Ross Emerson
5) John Howard
6) Aus public
7) Nasser Hussain
8) David Lloyd
9) Bishen Bedi
10) Michael Holding
11) and now so-called Indian Authoritie
12) and many more to come....

Either Murali has had his emotional side of his brain surgically removed OR he is a man of steel. A true champion is a person who performs even when the chips are down.

That's why not a single Asian player can even touch Murali with a yardstick! If they had to go through what Murali has gone through, by now trees would have grown on thier graves.
Old September 19, 2005, 09:21 AM
Banned

well said "rohitha "
Old September 19, 2005, 10:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
hmmm i am not so sure. without murali srilanka wont be half the test side they are. infact has sl ever got a test win without murali?
Sad! Some of us think Sri-Lanka means Murali. Never even think how strong Cricketing history they have. Ofcourse they have won without Murali. Infact they won against the Mighty Indians 1st win against Ind and pakis (checkout the allstar lineups 1985/86) Win against pakis 6/7 years before Murali even made his Debut.