facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 8, 2007, 10:29 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Match bulletin : Bangladesh make light work to see off Scotland

Current/Forthcoming Tour

Twenty20 World Championship, 2007
Bangladesh make light work to see off Scotland
8 September 2007
Bangladesh outclassed Scotland to wrap up a comfortable 6 wicket victory in the first warm up match for the Twenty20 World Cup at Supersport Park in centurion today (Saturday).
Riding on another dazzling performance from Nazimuddin, Bangladesh reached the winning target within 16 over of the match after restricting Scotland to 146 in stipulated 20 overs. Nazimuddin struck an unbeaten 74 off 42 deliveries with the help of nine fours and three sixes.

Read the rest of the bulletin »

Old September 8, 2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

Miraz bhai, how do u know that Nazim ends off the chase with a crispy boundary???
did u watch the match ?
Old September 8, 2007, 10:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper
Miraz bhai, how do u know that Nazim ends off the chase with a crispy boundary???
did u watch the match ?
Process elimination.
BD had to score a boundary in the last ball becuase it wasn't 146. Alok the other batsman hadn't scored any boundary. By the way, the three sixes came way before the 16th over.
Old September 8, 2007, 10:37 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper
did u watch the match ?
Followed the match and the difference between the last score (before winning shot) and Nazim's score shows he scored the winning shot and it was a boundary.

Now whether that boundary was crispy or not that's a big question.

Take that as an honor to Nazim's run making from the bulletin writer.
Old September 8, 2007, 10:39 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Process elimination.
BD had to score a boundary in the last ball becuase it wasn't 146. Alok the other batsmen hadn't scored any boundary. By the way, the three sixes came way before the 16th over.
Spot on T_E bhai.

Wise man.
Old September 8, 2007, 10:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Whether it is crispy or crapsy boundary Nazim is doing really well. And it was good to hold him back. What i meant BD did not rush him in to international when he was 18 or 19. He is now 22-23 and I think every BD player should make their debut around that age not when their 16
Old September 8, 2007, 10:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Miraz bhai,
parley ekta question jiggask koiren. Why Abdur Razzak only bowled two overs?
Old September 8, 2007, 10:42 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Nazim the crispy cracker
Old September 8, 2007, 10:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Another well-written bulletin from the most efficient writer in the business. Great summery of the match ... WTG Miraz ... again ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 8, 2007, 10:49 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Miraz bhai,
parley ekta question jiggask koiren. Why Abdur Razzak only bowled two overs?
Bhaijan, I am sending an e-mail to the media manager. I will inform you as soon as I get a reply.

To be honest, I think it was good ploy from Ashraful. Nothing to be worried about.
Old September 8, 2007, 10:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I actually have no problem with Razzak bowling only two overs. It is a practice match and we alreday know that Razzak has established himself as the premier bowler for the side in any shortened version of the game. In real games, he will get his four overs and probaly will open the bowling, as he has been the trend so far. From that perspective, it is important to find out about the other bowlers who will make the team and have no issues with Razzak only getting two overs. I was dissapointed not to see Zia play today..
Old September 8, 2007, 10:53 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Followed the match and the difference between the last score (before winning shot) and Nazim's score shows he scored the winning shot and it was a boundary.

Now whether that boundary was crispy or not that's a big question.

Take that as an honor to Nazim's run making from the bulletin writer.
Old September 8, 2007, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Thank you Miraz bhai for this write up.
Not a really convincing win by Bangladesh against an associate member.
How will our cricketers perform against the big boys, e.g. West Indies and South Africa?
I dont know if anyone has read the match analysis on Crucifino between the Windians and Kenya. Marlon Samuels once again shine with the bat. He murdered Kenya's bowling and showed everyone what he is capable of doing. Against England, he hit the ball right out of the stadium on to the street. Their bowling is also very good. Now Sri Lanka beat South Africa, which is a surprise, but good scoring for SA against good SL bowling.
Now, it is anybody's guess what will happen, all we have to do now is hope and pray.
Old September 8, 2007, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Thanks Miraz bhaiya for the bulletin. Well good to hear that Nazim is doin really well but I am really disappointed at the others who aren't performing that well. Hopefully they will star performing during the 20Twenty WC even though I think 20twenty is not a big deal!!
Old September 8, 2007, 12:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly Klusener Bulbul

only 1 thing i hope 4 that NAZIM SHOULD STAY THE WAY HE IS, HOPEFULLY HE WILL NOT B COM LIK SN OR TAMIM. btw i also hope tamim n SN 2 com bak to their own style.

Last edited by rumØrS; September 8, 2007 at 12:53 PM..
Old September 8, 2007, 05:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Tiger Cricket
Quote:
Nazimuddin probably played an even better innings than the one he notched up against Pakistan in Kenya. There was no risks taken yet the ball simply flew off his bat to all parts of the ground. Even when he mistimed the top edge or the inside edge carried to the boundary. Three of the four sixes in the Bangladesh innings came from him. The first was a huge hit over mid-wicket that landed near the electronic scoreboard which sits on top of a grass embankment and should be over 120 yards away from the wicket and repeated the same soon after. He brought up his 50 and the team hundred with one flat sweep for six against left-arm spinner Ryan Lyons.

The scant audience just loved the Bangladesh batting. The 50 was up in 5.3 overs, the hundred in 9.4 and although Mohammad Ashraful (4) and Shakib Al Hasan (8) missed out, the result was never a worry. The PA system at the Centurion is one of the finest and every Bangladesh boundary or over-boundary brought out excited announcement and a classic dance number. There was even a Bangladesh flag carrying South African lad marshalling the green mounds where sunbathers enjoyed cricket and the children played. The memorabilia shop and autograph hunting kids who knew the names of all Bangladesh squad and reporters from an Asian satellite channel wanting to speak to someone from the Bangladesh camp were soft reminders that the main show is just around the corner.
Its really great to hear that South African people loves our tigers' batting. They went to the carribean where they made a lot of fans. Now in SA. I just love them. They Rock!

Seems like Nazim is a strong guy. He hits ball so hard. Afsos, we counldn't watch his batting.

Last edited by Murad; September 8, 2007 at 06:03 PM..
Old September 8, 2007, 06:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Gud match they played 2day, hope our star batsmens can fix up b4 start of T20 otherwise Nazimuddin has to take the responsibilty agen which I dnt want him 2 do all da time, cos in the last few matches he has been doin dat, I just dont want him to hav too much pressure
Old September 8, 2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ash & Tamim (:

I Love Nazim =d