facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2005, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot
Default Why NCL is not providing 400/500 runs innings regularly?

We have seen some matches in National Cricekt League. Like past years, NCL is not getting big innings (400+) regularly.
In our neighbouring nations(India, Pakistan), They are getting innings more than 400 in almost every match.

What could be the reason for us not getting big scores regularly? Is it the lack of ability of our batsmen? is this the pitches they play? is this our bowlers are very difficult to survive? or something else?

Whatever the reason, we need to solve that out very quickly, because it is one of the main reasons for us not getting quality batsmen or reason behind our national batsmen not scoring consistently.

Old February 19, 2005, 01:24 PM
Test Cricketer

At this moment ther's very little structure in the NL teams. I mean there's little professionalism. Teams tend to be result oriented at any cost. With time I think this'll improve.
Old February 19, 2005, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

In NCL, there is no competition between teams thats for sure, all palayers play for themselves, to score or take wickets and get into the national team, this attitide should also inspire high scoring matches, not low scoring.

My point is, if a player do not score 7/8 big centuries in domestic cricket and get used to big paying big innings, how u expect from that player to score centuries in test cricket, playing for the national team?
Old February 19, 2005, 01:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Another reason may be that at present BD bowlers are doind better than batsmen. It seems almost everyday we're getting new of anothe bowling discovery.
Old February 19, 2005, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by couger
Another reason may be that at present BD bowlers are doind better than batsmen. It seems almost everyday we're getting new of anothe bowling discovery.
I agree.......
Old February 19, 2005, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Big question, yaseer! If you look at the on going Duleep trophy, you will also see they produce low scoring matches. About our NCL, I heard most of the venues have green top wickets which is bowlers friendly. Still we can't buy this excuse for not scoring at least 300/350 odd runs in an innings. May be all these new blokes in ncl lack to play big innings. But I dont mind waiting for a couple of years more to see the same youngsters getting used to longer version of cricket.
Old February 19, 2005, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

There are few players who has got some runs......but the problem is they are very inconsistent....take for example of Golam Rahman. Scored 160 but form there on, no scores at all.....

I am also very hopeful that this scenario will change, our yougstars will score consistently one day......but exaples like Alok kaplai, Hasanuzzaman(4 FC centuries), Faisal Hossain makes me affraid.

I think there is something, for which, Our bowlers are getting improved, but our batsmen are not improving at all, but i dont know what the reason behind only bowlers are improving.
Old February 19, 2005, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

How much is the pitches responsibles for not providing big scores?
Old February 19, 2005, 03:10 PM
Test Cricketer

If what the authorities are saying is true, that the pitches are lively and bowler friendly then it makes sense that scores are low.
Old February 19, 2005, 04:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Not enought Nos. of Quality Batsmen..

It's probably shows the absence of good number of Quality/Temperamant Batsmen throughout the league.

You need atleast 3/4 High quality batsmen... who will score high.. to get a score of 400+ by any side.. irrespective of pitch condition/bowling quality. Obviously That isn't happening.... and the stock of Batsmen isn't that rich in any teams/regions.

Plus... teamwise.. they aren't mentally tempered yet to get the scores past 350+

It needs to improve a lot!

Edited on, February 19, 2005, 9:37 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.
Old February 19, 2005, 05:17 PM
Test Cricketer

well this is only the second round and we had few scores over 300 runs. we already had a double century and few centuries. so far this two round showed big runs by individual batsmans and great individual performance by bowlers. so far i am satisfied with the ncl. i am sure we will have 400+ run innins this year. and we may see another double century aswell. remember we have 8 more rounds to go.
Old February 20, 2005, 12:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Apart from the technics and other things, our batsmen also need to have the right attitude. If you are not mentally tough it is difficult to produce big innings. Because cricket is a very much mental kind of game.
In the NCL, some players are doing good but I don't know if they have the right kind of mindset. I mean, can they produce their best performances under pressure? For exmaple, in an international match? Players like Al Shahriar Rokon score a lot of runs in the domestic league but have failed in international matches. As a result, our national league doesn't produce enough good players as we like to expect.
On the other hand, most of the talented new BD players are now coming from the U-19 group. Inclusions of Enamul, Nafis or Aftab have strengthened the team. They were one of the major driving forces behind our maiden test win and ODi series win. The present BD-A team touring Zimbabwe are mostly made up of young players but they are showing a lot of guts. In the first match, Rakibul got a century and now Shamsur Rahman got another in the second one. They are playing big inning and producing those performances when the team is in need. I should say, those youngsters out there have the right kind of mental approach.
Why the U-19 players show more maturity than the veteran NCl players? One answer may be- the guidance of Mr.McInnes. McInnes' success in bringing out the talents has pointed out the need of a more professional approach to our cricket.
The NCL players cannot be blamed for everything. They don't receive much money or much facilities. The level of payment/ salary/ match-fee is really low. We cannot expect them to do (in this situation) what the Australian players are doing. The U-19 team is getting a lot more trainings and coaching in that respect.
Giving more money to the players in NCl or improving the whole structure may take some time. But when we achieve that- we will be able to produce good cricketers regularly. Because- for one thing- we have a lot of passion about cricket in BD, so the flow of young cricketers will not diminish.
In the meantime, we can concentrate on our U-19 or age-based coaching systems. I appreciate what BCB is doing now- sending the boys to England or Zimbabwe to get some good experience. Those policies are bearing fruit- we can see that in the form of mach winners like Enamul. Now there are new kids like Rakibul or Shamsur Rahman- who are getting ready to step up to the bigger league (of course in due time!)
As long as we are producing quality cricketers in the U-19 level, hopefully we will be able to maintain our "graph" of improvement.

Edited on, February 20, 2005, 5:58 AM GMT, by Warlock.
Old February 20, 2005, 01:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Right Kind of Mindset << that's really the Keyword!
Old February 20, 2005, 03:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

not getting 400/500 shows how bad our battin in BD really is
Old February 20, 2005, 06:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

:cool2: BD batsman ra... olpotei khusi thake... Bangladeshi der moto... tai 400-500 na hoya... 200-300 besi dekha jay...... amader sobar chinta korte hobe.. kivabe NATWEST trophy ta neoya jay...

Edited on, February 20, 2005, 11:42 AM GMT, by cricket_pagla.
Old February 20, 2005, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by couger
If what the authorities are saying is true, that the pitches are lively and bowler friendly then it makes sense that scores are low.
I do not think its true that pitches are lively....
Today Rajshahi captain Khaled Mashud said in prothom alo that, the pitch was too low and slow......it was very difficult to play strokes on that pitch but it is also easy to stick to the creeze without scoring runs.......thats why they did not chase 200 odd in 55 overs.

If this is the case then our batsmen are not going to improve ever......they cant learn to play proper strokes with proper foot-work by palying in low-slow wicket. To produse quality (good foot-work) batsmen u dont always need green top........u just need a wicket which has the consistent bounce for the batsmen to play proper strokes.
Old February 21, 2005, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Anyone know what is the highest team score in NCL history?
Old February 21, 2005, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i dont think it's wise to compare the bd domestic league to those in ind and pak, one of the reasons being this

other than that, i'd say that the ncl is still a very low quality league, and yes, our batsmen do lack the ability to play long innings - the professionalism is not there.
Old February 21, 2005, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Most important thing here is to make the NCL more competitive and proffessional. We must find some idea to introduce more teams......a 2-tier league, with a religation system will make the NCL more competitive.....players will feel the pressure to perform for their team more.