facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 30, 2012, 01:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

BCB Drama Comes to an end! as usual they have signed the right coach with a lot of beautiful drama!

It was all planned long ego but the Drama kept on intesifying, ! but well done BCB!

and Welcome to Coach Pybus, great records and better option then most that applied.

Old May 30, 2012, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I hope he has dedication to coach Bangladesh and not use Bangladesh as a stepping stone to coach other major countries ie South Africa, Sri Lanka etc.
He had the choice to apply for the New Zeland job, but did not!

its the connection and friends appraisal of bangladesh that interested him!

Some people in BCB were saying that NZ might take Pybus as coach!

but it all ended well! give some credit to BCB!

they always make drama but choice the right coach!
Old May 30, 2012, 01:05 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Bangladesh got themselves a good coach.

Congratz to Richard and BD fans.
Old May 30, 2012, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I thought you knew this. Anyway, here are their salary:

Andy Flower, England Coach:

Gibson, WI Coach:

Duncan, India Coach:
Directly fired at Ian pont! did Ian reply to this post yet?

what a pure class of evidence
Old May 30, 2012, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

The usual battle of egos going on. Hmph
Old May 30, 2012, 01:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C

That's totally unnecessary mate. Its not necessary to disclose Everything on public media as we all know our coaches are well paid.
But for future it would b hard to get a coach for lower amount
Old May 30, 2012, 01:34 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

Welcome coach!! Hope you can take us up a notch
Old May 30, 2012, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Interesting thread (Click here) everyone should participate in.
Old May 30, 2012, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

He is a professional high profile coacach no doubt.Good thing with hiprofile is they are professionally used to accastome with different situTions.Its tough to accastome in Bangladesh.Further mire Pybus has a big history of changing jobs.Its a bit fear for me.But i am hoping the best as he is a professional nan.
Old May 30, 2012, 02:23 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Ready for 'fantastic challenge' - Pybus
Firdose Moonda, ESPNcricinfo
May 30, 2012

Newly appointed Bangladesh coach Richard Pybus believes that more than the two stints as Pakistan coach, his experience in South Africa will serve him in good stead for his new role. Pybus was in charge of three South African teams, provincial side Border and franchises, the Titans and the Cobras. He won eight trophies with the two franchises and could be regarded as the most successful coach on the country's domestic scene.

"Working in Africa helps you understand a lot of things. You are surrounded by diversity and multiculturalism," Pybus told ESPNcricinfo from Cape Town, where he was packing his bags for the departure to Dhaka. "Working with the franchises also helps, you learn about what it takes to win and how to build winning teams and winning mindsets. I worked with two franchises with a lot of international players and we did very well. In Pakistan, I gained a lot of cultural understanding because you can make faux pas if you are naïve."

Pybus has not coached an international side since his time with Pakistan in 2003 but was handpicked by the BCB as a replacement for Stuart Law. He is known for his innovative coaching methods, such as teaching players to juggle to improve their peripheral version, and he believes he is ripe to take up the "fantastic challenge" of coaching a national team again.

Although the Bangladesh job could be seen as unenviable one, given the country's status as bottom ranked Test team and lowest ranked-Test team in ODIs, Pybus sees it as an "engaging and unique" task.

He said his most pressing job will be combining the need to develop with the ability to win, and that he is prepared to take the time he needs to get that balance right. "Because Bangladesh are a young side, there may be an acceptance that is all about development, and that is not right," he said. "I will work on a system based on excellence. I want to be playing winning cricket, to create multi-format players, to focus on being competitive enough to be able to win series."

Pybus acknowledged that to create a winning culture, he will have to overcome mental barriers before concentrating on technical aspects of the game. "Bangladesh are only just starting to discover their self-belief, you could see that in the Asia Cup," he said. "When you start to win games, you build that ability to cross a mental bridge and winning becomes something tangible to you. They have a history of coaches who have helped them build the platform and I will have to continue building on it.

"The first thing will be to sort out what incremental steps needs to be taken to ensure there is competition for places and a sense among players that there will be opportunities for them if they consistently perform and put pressure [for places in the national side]."

Pybus visited Bangladesh earlier this month to negotiate his contract with the BCB and said he was excited by what he saw. "The facilities are world-class, they have a nice indoor centre but more than any of that, it was the incredible passion and lovely sense of energy about where cricket in the country is going."

He will begin work next week and his first assignment will be an unofficial Twenty20 tri-series in Zimbabwe, which will also feature South Africa. Pybus knows the vast majority of the South African players and said the series will give him a good opportunity to assess the team, "get to know the players and find out what makes them tick."

His family, including two young children, will remain in South Africa for now, but Pybus has not ruled out the possibility of moving them to Bangladesh once he has settled in.
Old May 30, 2012, 03:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

welcome to our coach! lets start tearing teams apart now!
Old May 30, 2012, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Excited to have Pybus with us, I hope he stops by BC sometime in the future.
Old May 30, 2012, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Finally sorted out, I was already getting bored of this.
Old May 30, 2012, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

FINALLLYYYY! This took long enough. Welcome aboard, coach!
Old May 30, 2012, 04:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

The 3 selectors are not very happy that he wanted to get involved with the selection process but Akram Khan has also said that he believes,they'll not have any conflicts.I just hope Siddons er moto ektu terami koira hoileo Pybus mama o Mr. Kamal er team e haat dewa ta ektu komaite parbe
Old May 30, 2012, 05:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Wow we got away cheaply

Welcome new coach to Bangladesh Cricket
It's not we got away cheaply, its amader daam eto na. Considering our teams situation Pybus is pretty pricey. Hopefully he will show us he is worth spending on. Good luck coach.
Old May 30, 2012, 05:47 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Welcome to our land Richard!! Hopefully you will take the Tigers to the next level. We are nearly there!!
Old May 30, 2012, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Ready for 'fantastic challenge' - Pybus
Firdose Moonda, ESPNcricinfo
I like what he said. Very insightful and encouraging. But I wouldnt expect a miracle overnight. Will give him some time before I come to a conclusion.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

There is no doubt, just so that all fans realise, that in Richard Pybus you have a top-notch coach. 100%.

He has a tremendous track record of success and doing things HIS way. This can only work if he has complete control over his team and who is being fed into the team. It appears he has that and I am guessing this would have been one of his big demands.

No disrespect to the selectors but we have had way too many dramas over selection and also a misunderstanding of talent in my view. With RP there will be no favours, no friends and no agendas. Just selection based on those who prove their worth and deserve to be there.

it is interesting he mentions structures in his interview and getting the platform right. This is of course what every single coach who has come and gone, has said. I just wonder whether he is being given the brief to tackle this? Because he has to bash the heads of the teams in the DPL together first and stop the appalling way domestic cricket is run, to have any joy there.

One thing you can be sure of as fans - RP will give his very best and will expect COMPLETE acceptance of his regime. There will be no let up from him in his desire to make people excel. So in this sense, he is going to shake things up over time.

There will be fall outs for sure. There will be blood on the carpet no doubt. There will be tears and tantrums from some of the big names. But if he gets the backing from the board he needs to have a chance, then he might take the squad on an upwards trend.

Note to the players - PARTY TIME IS OVER.
Note to support staff - BUCKLE UP FOR THE RIDE
Note to board - YOU HAVE OPENED PANDORAS BOX
Note to fans - SUPPORT THIS GUY, YOU HAVE A WINNER
Old May 30, 2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C

The salaries are quoted as guesses by the media and are widely available. My point is the BCB themselves mentioned the salary. You do not usually get the ECB, Cricket Australia etc etc welcoming a coach and telling what his salary is and what the negotiations have been!

In fact the whole process of leaking what a coach demands, is quite distasteful. You don't come running out of a meeting to tell the media what private details have been discussed. Why not just let the media into the meetings if you're gonna leak this stuff?

Nothing is a secret in Bangladesh though. In many meetings I had with key people there were half a dozen others waiting to do business or getting things signed, simply listening in and looking at private stuff. I always asked for the room to be cleared so I could speak openly and freely without the 'cleaner' knowing my business.

I think if you have to ask for privacy, then people don't understand the meaning of it.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

as long as he keeps the team on an upward trend i'm happy, bring in the right players, develop them. if he can work out the domestic system issue then power to him but this is something that has been ongoing for so long and none of the other coaches have succeeded with it. anyway he has some good talent to work with as shuvagata, anamul, mominul, asif, shabbir and abul are waiting in the wings and have a lot of room to grow still, taskin ahmed might be young but he's a great prospect and i hope some of the u19s get a bit of time with the coach plus the ones who are already the core of the team in shakib, tamim, rahim, nasir, mash, nazmul.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
The salaries are quoted as guesses by the media and are widely available. My point is the BCB themselves mentioned the salary. You do not usually get the ECB, Cricket Australia etc etc welcoming a coach and telling what his salary is and what the negotiations have been!

In fact the whole process of leaking what a coach demands, is quite distasteful. You don't come running out of a meeting to tell the media what private details have been discussed. Why not just let the media into the meetings if you're gonna leak this stuff?

Nothing is a secret in Bangladesh though. In many meetings I had with key people there were half a dozen others waiting to do business or getting things signed, simply listening in and looking at private stuff. I always asked for the room to be cleared so I could speak openly and freely without the 'cleaner' knowing my business.

I think if you have to ask for privacy, then people don't understand the meaning of it.
this is true, besides it's not just something regarding cricket and cricket coaches, generally most people and most professionals around the world don't disclose information regarding the salary, it's just not done, people don't want that information to be public knowledge.
Old May 30, 2012, 09:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

RiPy looks to be the Dido of our cricket. I hope he's not hounded out like Dido because he HAD to upset the status quo in order to get things going the right way.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 30, 2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
RiPy looks to be the Dido of our cricket. I hope he's not hounded out like Dido because he HAD to upset the status quo in order to get things going the right way.
This is insightful again and truly the crux of the matter.

How long can the establishment and players protect what they have been used to when the realisation that changes are planned hits them?
Old May 30, 2012, 11:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
This is insightful again and truly the crux of the matter.

How long can the establishment and players protect what they have been used to when the realisation that changes are planned hits them?
Thanks Ian. FYI: Dido was a passionate and headstrong Brazilian hired to coach the Bangladesh national soccer team. He sought to replace pretty much the entire team with a group of younger and fitter players he could work with. He was also relentless in his pursuit of better infrastructure and more professionalism from top to bottom. He was fired but his youngsters won the South Asian Championship in 2009 anyway.

Lotus and company live in a bubble mirrored on the inside. I don't think they know what they're in for. The tradition in BCB has been to give the natural progression of certain players with ability just enough nudge to claim undue credit, and justify the baffling inclusion of dead weight riding the same coattails.

Pybus in comparison seems to have come equipped with a treadmill permanently stuck in sprint mode, something we need in light of the hallmark stagnation and one-step-forward-two-steps-back-followed-by-an-unsustainable-leap pretty much defining our cricket culture ever since we obtained test status, in no small part because of the remarkable passion and loyalty of Bangladeshi cricket fans who continue to hope for the best.

The trouble with that proverbial treadmill is that only Pybus controls the speed, and you'll be thrown off the belt if you can't keep up. So the BCB will find themselves forced to make one of only two choices before they know it. One: keep their egos out of cricket and let Pybus do things his way while holding him reasonably accountable AND proactively supporting him; or two: send him packing with his treadmill. Well, one can always hope even without any precedence whatsoever
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 31, 2012 at 03:08 AM..