facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 15, 2005, 12:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

Bangladesh Observer Reported the following after the match

Rajin shared the 61-run partnership in the fourth wicket stand with Mohammad Ashraful and 36-run with Aftab Ahmed in the fifth wicket.
Rajin Saleh and Nafees Iqbal gave the hosts a promising start earlier in the opening partnership of 31 runs before Naffes was caught behind off Ajit Agarkar in the seventh over.
Set batsman Mohammad Ashraful’s (32) foolish run out in the 23rd over deprived the mass crowd of a more-close match.

Old January 15, 2005, 06:47 PM
Test Cricketer

correction. ashraful is not the best batsman in our country. according to experts he is the most talented batsman in our country. bashar is the best batsman in test. i dont know about odi because i dont think we have a best batsman in odi.
Old January 15, 2005, 06:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

in ODI i think the likes of Masud or Rafique some one from the lower order
Old January 15, 2005, 07:17 PM
Street Cricketer

We actually don't need talent. We need average players who can score a little more consistanatly
Old January 15, 2005, 07:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Ashraful ekta 158 innings kheilai boro matbar hoa geche.
Old January 15, 2005, 07:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Prothom tester por reporterder Ashraful bolche sesh catch ta oi niche. Emon bhab j oi catch ta na nile Bangladesh harto. Shala boro matbar
Old January 16, 2005, 07:08 PM
Club Cricketer

People have been saying how Ashraful is maturing...well...he is just a "beyadob"..to be blunt. A little humility wouldnt hurt..but no, he has to go and say those crapy stuff about Zim being the worst bowling attack he has ever faced. No one with an iota of intelligence would go off madmouthing the opponent like he did. I dont know what he thinks of himself, but he must think he is God's gift to BD..no? So now the fat lady has sung..and lets see how Ashraful pulvarizes the ZIm bowling! He should put his money where his mouth is...! Looking forward to his second innings. Is it only Ashraful or is it the physche of all of us to be arrogant once we have tasted victory? Zim is no way near as bad as some of the things people have been saying. In fact their middle order is pretty solid...compared to ours. Trashing them before the match only fuels the doggedness of the opponent. Bashar said that we were the favorites, our coach said that we were the favorites, Ashraful trashed the opponent....so even before the first ball was bowled, we virtually guaranteed the outcome. What a foolish thing to do! And now we have an uphill task to get the last 4 wickets and chase the required runs in the next 2 days. If we dont get them out inside 310/320, we are in trouble. Even now we are in trouble..! A little more humility and intelligence would not have hurt our cricket.
Old January 16, 2005, 08:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Ashraful must get his "matured century" in the 2nd Innings than later!
Old January 16, 2005, 09:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

:duh:For Ash and every other top order guy
It's time to realize that all the doors of escape r closed and their backs are against the wall!!
It's like Fight back or DIE!!

To the BD team from all the supporters:
If u can't get us a win.. bring us a DRAW!!
1-0 series is atleast something we can live with.. but a defeat vs. this ZIM side is not..
Old January 16, 2005, 11:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

ash will score big in the 4th innings. He will Insallah. He has the talent only needs a little patient.
Old January 17, 2005, 07:14 AM
Test Cricketer

he has all the talents, potential, spirit everything, but little bit lazy. that may the reason for his series of failures after a good score. he feel more relaxed after every good score and plays casually. result....everybody knows. if he want to become a good batsman, he should change his attitude. i heard, he was reluctant to come to bat in the 2nd innings after his historic 158*, saying he is tired and want to come down in the order. it shows how much he involved in the game. he is doing his duty just for something, but not the real involvement is there. he has to work it on it and come with more enthusiam and involvement, then only he can be rememberd as a great batsman
Old January 17, 2005, 08:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

then again...he's still pretty much a kid. batsmen usually hit their prime in around 25/26. or even later for some people.

i do believe ash will come through for us in the second inning, and also in the odi series.
Old January 18, 2005, 02:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Congratulation Ash for scoreing 49 runs in this series. No! not ave but the total (5 + 3 + 19 + 22 = 49/4 = 12.2)

Good Job!!!! Well Done !!!! No complain from this 'shameful' fan as Ash just scored a superb century in the last series against India.

Just one more request from this shameful and 'nimok haram' fan though, can someone wake me up when when/if he scores again. No not a century, I mean whenever he scorces his next 50?
Old January 18, 2005, 02:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

ash needs to do some soul searching.
Old January 18, 2005, 02:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

ah..ash finally proved himself. believe it or not he played a superb innings with a strike rate of 100. he actually scored 3 whole runs in jus 3 balls. this was the best innings so far of this test match. what do u guys think
Old January 18, 2005, 03:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

i'm one of the biggest ash fans around. thats probably why everytime he fails it hurts a hell lot more. but i'm not losing my faith.
Old January 18, 2005, 08:57 AM
Street Cricketer

Ash got the talent , but needs a reality chec sumtimes.

Don't let the success get to ur head, then u won't have people like Sunil Gavaskar pickin on u...lousy commentator.

A lot of budding cricketers are trying for ur spot , so watch ur back.

Some words of advice:

Stop bustin those moves on camera after Bangladesh wins. Stick to wat u do best, Batting.

Visit this forum , and look at the high expectations people have for u here (your +150 against the indians was phenomenal.)
Old January 18, 2005, 09:33 AM
Club Cricketer

Ash might have produced two bad things:

1. bad performence in this series and
2. made unnecessary and unmatured comments about ZIM bowling quality.

but we should not forget that his 150* was - I think - a valuable turning point, that gave the whole BD team and us the self believe, fighting spirit etc.

so let's not only critisize him based on his recent performence, let's - especially who all are watching the matches live - try to find out the reason behind these mishaps and make your comments on how to make his siituation better. I am pretty much sure that we all want that ash get better and consistent in all the future matches with the huge support of the BD-cricket lovers.

tschuss !
Old January 18, 2005, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

maybe he's only good against quality bowling. we probably should leave him out when we are playing understrength opponents
Old January 18, 2005, 10:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

he wants to get back on the road
Old January 18, 2005, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

He got out against the very spin bowling of Zimbabwe that he made comments on. I think Cremer did bowl great probably with the help of the pitch condition. Give Ash more time.
Old January 18, 2005, 10:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Ash is a good talent... and he will be given more time.. no doubt..

But one big lesson to learn for him:
Somman orjon kora kothin.. kintu somman dhore rakha tar chaiteo onek beshi kothin kaj!

Ash has earned the glory for himself.. not its time for him to come back to earth and hold the glory even higher..!

He must not forget.. that raw talents who don't deliver themselves on time are less important than mediocres who deliver themselves in a regular fashion!
Old January 18, 2005, 02:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
maybe he's only good against quality bowling. we probably should leave him out when we are playing understrength opponents
very interesting observation!
Can't leave him out. he is the only player we have who has the potential to change the course of the game. Thats a fact. I won't be surprised if a hundred comes in the ODI series from him. I really think he will score one or two hundreds in the ODI series.
Old January 24, 2005, 10:46 AM
Cricket Sage

2nd one day: Ashraful 31 balls faced 13 run scored
Old January 29, 2005, 10:38 PM
Club Cricketer

By the looks of what I saw on BTV a couple of days ago, Ashraful looks very arrogant. He is no doubt behaving like a spoiled brat. I think somehow it went to his head that he is indispensible. On the second ODI against ZIm he was chewing gum very arrogantly, and even when he holed out to deep mid wicket he gave the impression that he was hardly bothered about his dismissal. As if.."what the heck!" The same thing happened in the first ODI. Is he trying to prove his point that ZIm bowling is ****? He should get his *** kicked for acting like a wiseguy. When the other players are giving their all, such a nonchalant attitude definitely disrupts the cohesion in the team. As I mentioned in an earlier thread that a little humility wouldnt hurt him. I guess top dollars at such tender age does make ones EGO bigger than his whole head..eh? Wonder what Dav thinks about the arrogance of his prodigy?