facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2005, 12:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Will there be an Australian effect this time?

Last time after we played Australia our next tour vs Pakistan was possibly our best ever. We had two first innings lead in that tour and all our players said it was because they played vs the best.

In the England tour they played vs the 2 best teams and yet i don't believe in this australian effect ( I Hope it happens though ). So do you think this so called Australian effect will happen in the lanka tour?

Old July 12, 2005, 12:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Hey Dude..

U brought up something interesting and now i would say many guys will be more interested about this SL series than before...

I hope BD dont loose badly as we 've seen whn we expect something nuthing happens much and whn we dont expect much, the opposite happens

Many of us expected a lot from Test matches but nuthing happend and after that in ODI's we all though Aus is gonna score 400, Gillygonna score 200 but nuthing of that sort happen. Moreover we just won against them...

So, in all aspect this upcoming SL tour would be interesting....we still cant say wht would be the output if we want to analyse by our prvious experiences...
Old July 12, 2005, 01:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladesh does good when no one expects them to do anything and does bad when they thought they will do good. the only exception is the zim visit. so, get ready for some bad performance in sri lanka.

even though they are not very good team, sri lanka playes awefully good against us. always. god knows why but thats what always happens. so nothing to be too optimistic there.
Old July 13, 2005, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

From now on, each of the players on the cricket field know that Bangladesh scored 250 against Australia. Twice.

A score of 250 will see them going 'We got this against Australia. We can get this now'.

A score of 270 will see them going 'They're 20 runs worse than Lee and McGrath. We can get this'.

A score of 300 will see them going 'If Ash clicks, we can get this'.

The bar just went up. Again.

Ian Whitchurch
Old July 13, 2005, 10:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally posted by IanW

A score of 270 will see them going 'They're 20 runs worse than Lee and McGrath. We can get this'.

Ian Whitchurch
But BD didn't bat agianst Lee .... a very different proposition, wouldn't you say?
Old July 13, 2005, 10:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

jabbar...bd DID bat against lee, in the last match. and they still posted 250.
Old July 13, 2005, 11:02 PM
Test Cricketer

And if I recall correctly, Ash scored 20 runs off one Lee over in the 2nd match against the Aussies.
Old July 13, 2005, 11:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

I think that BD have a stronger sense of belief this time around because they realised that they were making a marked imrpovment, and they actually won a match against oz. it is different from their last tour downunder. I think the lankans should be very wary of the "crouching tigers"......
Old July 13, 2005, 11:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Rokon.
Old July 14, 2005, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally posted by cricman
Last time after we played Australia our next tour vs Pakistan was possibly our best ever. We had two first innings lead in that tour and all our players said it was because they played vs the best.

In the England tour they played vs the 2 best teams and yet i don't believe in this australian effect ( I Hope it happens though ). So do you think this so called Australian effect will happen in the lanka tour?
Its the Australia effect. There was an article on it in Cricinfo somewhere. But it is only when they play down under that means in Australia. It could have an effect from just playing Australia regardless of where they play but I think you are talking about the effect of playing down under.
Old July 14, 2005, 12:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

There is no doubt that there will be some of this so-called "Aussie effect" but over-riding that will be how our batsmen sqaure up to C. Vaas and his quality left-arm swing. He has the ability to swing the ball in to the righties and we all know what the last bowler with this ability did to us! Of course Murali is there too....but really I am interested in what sort of starts will our openers be able to give us in SL against Vaas and Co. All in all, this should be an interesting series between two South Asian teams coached by Australians.
Old July 14, 2005, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Its always the case that Bangladesh gives birth to a new star,,,, from the opposition that is.
We made Harmison, McGill, Lawson, Yasir Hameed, Towfiq Umor, Farhat a more shining star before they become one...
The Vaas fear can be a Malinga reality. We may have problems facing his unique throw like bowling.

It will be interesting to see how we play but I think Bangladesh should practice hard against Srilnakans as they are warmed up against WI.
Old July 14, 2005, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

A disappointing performance from Murali. I had expected more wickets against this WIndies outfit. So any Tigers success in Sri Lanka would be a result of the inherent weaknesses this SL team is showing up.
I think Moody will have a tough time. Some motivation is missing from the Lankans.
Old July 15, 2005, 07:37 AM
Test Cricketer

an australian effect would be terrific.....

just hope it lasts till next next series....
Old July 15, 2005, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhakablues
Its always the case that Bangladesh gives birth to a new star,,,, from the opposition that is.
We made Harmison, McGill, Lawson, Yasir Hameed, Towfiq Umor, Farhat a more shining star before they become one...
McGill was a very well proven performer before he played Bangladesh
Old July 15, 2005, 02:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
And if I recall correctly, Ash scored 20 runs off one Lee over in the 2nd match against the Aussies.
Dude, it wasnt Ash....it was Bashar...Ash just scored 7 runs i think. he hit his second ball for six against lee and got out in the 3rd ball....
Old July 15, 2005, 04:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

good thing we got a leftie opener now who is ready for primetime
Old July 15, 2005, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
Dude, it wasnt Ash....it was Bashar...Ash just scored 7 runs i think. he hit his second ball for six against lee and got out in the 3rd ball....
he was talking about the 2nd match, not 3rd
Old July 15, 2005, 05:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

we should not make high expectation and Srilanka is really really a strong side.