facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 4, 2012, 06:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

That was good Hats off to SL although they lost
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]

Old March 4, 2012, 06:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Too many to name.

Great game! SL has shown great fighting spirit and can hold their heads high, having almost stolen the game from Aus. My guys were panicking for a while there. There will be a very serious post-mortem in the rooms after the game.
Old March 4, 2012, 09:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Power Play overs, I think the players on the field along with the rest of us, thought this was all over...and the complacency helped SL.

But, SL have proven this entire series, they will scrap and fight, right till the end. Great game.
Old March 4, 2012, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

yes, great fight! I was surprised, I watched until 6th wicket down and still needing 160 or so with 18 overs left. Wish BD had that fighting spirit.
Old March 4, 2012, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

compare to that BD's chase, they always give up when one opener goes (and guess who that one is)

show me one gutsy chase - high scoring. I still remember Naeem's chase in Chittagong. That was great.
Old March 4, 2012, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

I was reading the report, and one thing got my eye: "Upul Tharanga was making his comeback after failing at the top of the order".

Reminds me of Ashraful, let's get him to 6 and see what happens. He has the prowess, in situations like this he can pull off a stunner - I believe.

Bhai mairen na amare aita bolar jonno.

Its all about the fight:

It is the fight the three showed that gave Australia a scare, and made Michael Clarke remark: "They refuse to go away, don't they?" It is the fight the three showed that gives Mahela Jayawardene hope for the next two finals. It is the fight the three showed that shows Sri Lanka are enjoying playing here, despite the injuries, despite the tough schedule (they have played three games in six days, and will have to play five in 10 if they are to win). They are cherishing their time in the middle, trying their best to take the games as deep as possible.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwe...ry/556188.html
Old March 4, 2012, 04:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

so close but lost
but well fought
Old March 4, 2012, 09:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Having no test cricket pressure Slinga Malinga needs to do better in batting.. match lost from situation like 21 of 14 was very reachable when other batsmen left so few after chasing 320- is very close & hurting. Better luck next match.
Old March 4, 2012, 11:54 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I fall a sleep and these games get exciting. And when I manage to stay up... :shakehead:
Old March 5, 2012, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Biggus, Ready for the big match tonight? I think it will be exciting. Looking forward to some insights from you. You seem to know your game very well my friend.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwe...ry/556206.html

weather is supposed to be good, perhaps a bit on the cool side with a high of 22 Cs.

And you are right, SL has made this series way interesting. Never say die attitude - love it.
Old March 5, 2012, 07:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Biggus, Ready for the big match tonight? I think it will be exciting. Looking forward to some insights from you. You seem to know your game very well my friend.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwe...ry/556206.html

weather is supposed to be good, perhaps a bit on the cool side with a high of 22 Cs.

And you are right, SL has made this series way interesting. Never say die attitude - love it.
I'm back at work after the 'Labour Day' long weekend mate, so I won't be as visible here as in the last game. I don't finish until about a third of the way through the second innings and then it's an hour drive home but I'll have the radio on and listening as best as I can. SL gave us an awful fright in the last game and it would not surprise me in the slightest if they won this one. I'd be quite happy if they did so we can have a third game. I can't pick the winner, these teams are very close and SL are playing with tremendous self belief at the moment. They have really won our hearts with their fighting spirit, something we Aussies value greatly. One day I will be saying these things about BD, I have no doubt about it. I feel we may be in for a wonderful contest, fingers crossed!
Old March 5, 2012, 08:18 PM
Cricket Legend

^cool Biggus, will miss your posts but have a good day at work. By the way, started watching Life of Brian again after seeing your nick - hilarious movie!
Old March 5, 2012, 08:51 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
^cool Biggus, will miss your posts but have a good day at work. By the way, started watching Life of Brian again after seeing your nick - hilarious movie!
Yep, it's a great film. I got that nickname when I was at Uni (back in the '80s), because my name is Richard (for some reason I can't explain 'Dick' is short for Richard in the English language) and I'm a fairly big guy so it just means 'Big Richard'. Gotta love Monty Python, I have the complete collection of the 'Flying Circus', all 45 half hour episodes. Try to get your hands on that if you can, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It looks like being a pretty quiet day at work so I'll drop by when I can. Cheers!
Old March 5, 2012, 10:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I hate when spinners bowl the first 15-20 overs of the game. Part timers at that. Not exciting.

OT: Who will be my "Player off the T'sD?"
Old March 5, 2012, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

interesting commentary on ci
Quote:
Ian Chappell on Star Cricket is raising an issue of David Warner batting the whole innings in Brisbane, not fielding for a ball in Sri Lanka's chase, and playing here again. Well it's not against the laws or anything, since Warner did injure his groin, but it does raise what I believe is an issue with the laws.
The problem is this: Warner batted for 50 overs and then Australia can use a substitute for him while they field, but a Sri Lankan fielder who fielded for 50 overs but gets cramp after batting for maybe 30 overs won't be able to have a runner. It's hypothetical of course but could well happen.
Old March 5, 2012, 11:06 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ That's a great issue raised.

To add to all that, if a bowler stays out of the field for certain amount of time, he has to wait certain amount of time/overs to be able to bowl again. So batsmen do have it all very easy!
Old March 5, 2012, 11:13 PM
Cricket Legend

2 drops!!!!
Old March 5, 2012, 11:15 PM
Cricket Legend

by the way bcb site tiger-cricket still down. 12 hrs almost.

dilscoop bhai sky link achey nak?
Old March 5, 2012, 11:18 PM
Banned

Two dropped catches this early on...Australia and Watto will make 'em pay for that.
Old March 5, 2012, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

beutiful runout, direct.watson after 2 drops! for 15! and done by bowler himself towards batsman end.
Old March 5, 2012, 11:20 PM
Banned

Hah...I've put the mockers on him...just as I was typing that out, Watson, run out!

Aus 56/2 - 15.1 overs.
Old March 5, 2012, 11:20 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Watson, Gayle, Sehwag, and Tamim, all have one thing in common. No, not their hitting ability and power. They are all horrible athletes, that includes RBTW, fielding, diving, etc.
Old March 5, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Clarke is just so smooth and solid, so much ease to the eyes! My eyes got tired watching Ws bat.
Old March 5, 2012, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Watson, Gayle, Sehwag, and Tamim, all have one thing in common. No, not their hitting ability and power. They are all horrible athletes, that includes RBTW, fielding, diving, etc.
Tbf to Watson, when he was younger, he was a livewire, but his constant back injuries caused him to do a lot of rehab, and gym work. Most of it concentrated around strengthening his back - and while it has done the trick, it has resulted in a 'stiff' look, and a loss in agility.

We think Mashrafee has had bad luck - Watson is his soul mate in terms of injuries and lost potential.
Old March 5, 2012, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

bhai sky link acbey?