facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2006, 11:46 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default I'm expecting a U-turn in 2nd ODI vs. KEN

I am expecting a U-turn of our team in the 2nd ODI versus Kenya tomorrow, although I'm hoping for a similar performance from our team.

As our Kenyan friend has mentioned somewhere, Kenya made some selection errors, and they were also rusty in the first match.

That is why I'm expecting a tougher fight tomorrow, and I will not be surprised if our team crumbles under pressure.

To be honest, we did not have any pressure on us in the 1st ODI, which allowed us to score over 300 runs. Now that the Kenyan team management has some idea of what our batsman are capable of, they'll try their best to pick up a few wickets with the new ball so that our lower order players (Rafique, Mashrafee) doesn't get the opportunity to bash much.

Also, since the Kenyan batsman could not show anything with the bat yet, so they'll be very eager to score some runs if they win the toss and bat first.

Old March 19, 2006, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

No comments about their batsman because I know they are capable to play good innings. But do they really have a bowler to create an impression? In the first match, I did not find a single KEN bowler who can create problem for BD batsman
Old March 19, 2006, 12:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Well Kenyan bowling sucks...nuthing so impressive

but batting wise they are pretty good....

Tikolo & Oteno on thier days will hammer BD bowling....

Tikolo was the hiegest run getter in the demestice leage of BD...so guys pray to Allah he flops in this series.....

1st match he was goin gud..but jst dat he got confused with da leg side delivery as to hw to play it....and it was our gud luck...
Old March 19, 2006, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

With their current line up... it has to be Bangladesh who will have to award the match away than Kenyans challenging Bangladsh. With all departments firing up for Bangladesh there are very few chances Kenya will have. Its not impossible but very unlikely that all of the players going Nafis Iqbal....
Old March 19, 2006, 12:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Unless we somehow collapsed very badly in battings, I do not see any problem winning this series 4-0.
Old March 19, 2006, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

ok heres something u guys can try figuring out....

The first match that the kenyan team plays at any tournament is most often their worst performance for that particular tournament.
they are known to come back strongly.

They have already bowled lots of oppositions out for cheap scores. Something we still havent achieved. They lack pace but makes up for it by their grit and detrmination.

we just saw the worst this team can perfom. definately no room for complacency. They might be underdogs but not some school team....
Old March 19, 2006, 12:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Given the current squads, Bangladesh has to play its worst .... Kenya its best and on top of that a few miracles are required for a Kenya Victory.
Old March 19, 2006, 12:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by zakirc
Given the current squads, Bangladesh has to play its worst .... Kenya its best and on top of that a few miracles are required for a Kenya Victory.
Old March 19, 2006, 01:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

lol in a sense this series is same as india Vs Pakistan. Lets say kenya is the indian side where as we are the pakistani. Our bowling attack is wayyyy to advance then the kenyan one.. however our batting depends on how does our tigers perform in a particular day.. since they are not tht constant in making runs
Old March 19, 2006, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

well the kenyans definitely have the ability to bounce back; however, if we can keep our cool and play our natural game, beating them shouldn't be a problem.
Old March 19, 2006, 03:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am never very optimistic, I know we can win against Kenya by making MISTAKES but not too many.
Old March 19, 2006, 06:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
To be honest, we did not have any pressure on us in the 1st ODI, which allowed us to score over 300 runs. Now that the Kenyan team management has some idea of what our batsman are capable of, they'll try their best to pick up a few wickets with the new ball so that our lower order players (Rafique, Mashrafee) doesn't get the opportunity to bash much.
pessimism is okay...but fahmida this statement is somewhere on the border of crazy and idiotic. i know you are much smarter that this.

here is my critique:

1) 'we did not have any pressure'

we had nothing but pressure. just read your own sig: 'i cannot stand one more lose to kenya.' the players know the fans think that, the media is there, the coach is there. our players might not be the smartest, but they know this much.

2) 'Now that the Kenyan team management has some idea of what our batsman are capable of, they'll try their best to pick up a few wickets with the new ball so that our lower order players (Rafique, Mashrafee) doesn't get the opportunity to bash much'

so the kenyans will try their best to pick up wickets with the new ball in this match, eh? after they didn't try to pick up wickets in the 1st ODI? so the coach and captain after losing the toss on friday told odoyo and co. 'guys, come on, we mustn't pick up wickets with the new ball. let bangladesh score 100 for no lose, we have spinners and others to take wickets. please do not take wickets.'

why are you acting like kenya did us a favor in the 1st match. they tried to pick up wickets in the 1st ODI, and they will try again.

I also do not expect another 300 run innings or a 100 run win. but i won't be surprised.

please lets be rational.

Edited on, March 19, 2006, 11:35 PM GMT, by al Furqaan.
Old March 19, 2006, 07:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Well Kenyan bowling sucks...nuthing so impressive

but batting wise they are pretty good....

Tikolo & Oteno on thier days will hammer BD bowling....

Tikolo was the hiegest run getter in the demestice leage of BD...so guys pray to Allah he flops in this series.....

1st match he was goin gud..but jst dat he got confused with da leg side delivery as to hw to play it....and it was our gud luck...
tikolo, otieno, hitesh modi and the new comer tonmoy mishra might cause a problem. we have to show them the pavilion as soon as possible we can when they enter the creeze.
Old March 19, 2006, 08:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
That is why I'm expecting a tougher fight tomorrow, and I will not be surprised if our team crumbles under pressure.
I agree. This series is becoming too predictable, c'mon let's have some surprises. But If BD wins toss;bats first and no wicket falls after 10 overs, i predict that this series will go down as most boring i have`experienced. no wonder tickets are not selling...
Old March 19, 2006, 08:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

everyone be patient... a turn around is exactly what BD does not need... Due to lack of experience BD are contiually having to prove them selves to the world... what the boys need is people to back them up... so get behind them! They are a good bunch of lads and although it can get hard for them at times they still do the work...
Old March 19, 2006, 09:00 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

fw, if you suspect or scared of a U-turn, I'd understand that. but why expecting an u-turn? or is it a 'lost in translation'?
Old March 19, 2006, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
fw, if you suspect or scared of a U-turn, I'd understand that. but why expecting an u-turn? or is it a 'lost in translation'?
very good point there. i dont think even the rajakars would dare to make such comments as fw made. "expect an u-turn"
Old March 19, 2006, 09:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
To be honest, we did not have any pressure on us in the 1st ODI, which allowed us to score over 300 runs.

I do not think you are being honest. I think you do no not belive waht you are saying. All I can figure is that you are trying to reverse jinx the BD team.

There will be a better fight today. But we wil prevail.

Go Tigers!
Old March 19, 2006, 09:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
I am expecting a U-turn of our team in the 2nd ODI versus Kenya tomorrow, although I'm hoping for a similar performance from our team.
Its better to be prepared for the worst...but whatever you say, we deserve a 4-0 series

Because its PAYBACK TIME and Nothing else but 4-0 will satisfy us :tiger:
Old March 19, 2006, 09:32 PM

"Bounce back", "U turn" what ever you call, it depends on how much, because the matter is GAP.

I see nothing to worry.
Old March 20, 2006, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

no U turn hapened
Old March 20, 2006, 02:28 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally posted by Shafin
no U turn hapened
I think fwullah will open a new thread now

Kenya will fight back in the third ODI
Old March 20, 2006, 02:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

yep, n in a sense they played worse then the last time, however lets not open our mouth too much till we win the game. cause i hardly believe upon our batsmans.. lol.. they are unpredictable
Old March 20, 2006, 02:35 AM
Cricket Legend

yeah, let's hold off saying anything until our batsmen avoids implosion ... happens so often ...
Old March 20, 2006, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Let's wrap up this match and series quickly;and fulfill our ICC commitments as this is the only benefit i see from this. The danger is that our players will see too much in this. But somehow I feel a certain minimum maturity level has been reached.

-first of all maintain the same openers as we shall have against Australia

-after reaching a comfortable 100 then insert a weak batsman for some practice