facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who should bat at no. 4 for Bangladesh?
Shakib Al Hasan 13 65.00%
Nasir Hossain 1 5.00%
Mushfiqur Rahim 2 10.00%
Mahmudullah 1 5.00%
Mominul Haque 1 5.00%
Junaed Siddique 1 5.00%
Mohammad Ashraful 0 0%
Shuvagata Hom 0 0%
Asif Ahmed 1 5.00%
Ziaur Rahman 0 0%
Farhad Reza 0 0%
Other (Please specify below) 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 5, 2012, 12:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
You brought up a very good point. Riyad does bring his bowling to the table and for that one reason I might just opt for him to complete 4-7.
imo for riyad to slot into one of the 4-7 slots the only place for nasir is #7, he's much better there than rahim or riyad and obviously shakib is to good to put at 7.

Old May 5, 2012, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

So everyone has an idea for who should be in the middle order. Its just the no. 7 that is the tricky position to pick. I would have thought this team would be good.

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Anamul/Jahurul
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiq
6. Nasir
7. N/A (i have no idea who to pick in this position)
8. Mashrafe
9. Razzak
10. Nazmul
11. Rubel

I always enjoyed Mahmudullah in the team. I feel like his usefulness is needed in the team but i dont know where to put him. He chips in with the bat and ball.

So far the clear favourite for the no. 4 position is Shakib.
Old May 5, 2012, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
You brought up a very good point. Riyad does bring his bowling to the table and for that one reason I might just opt for him to complete 4-7.
Yeah Riyad has been a good off-spinner for the team and his batting is good too but not suitable for #7 ...If we want to keep him (I think in reality we don`t have a choice as he is the VC) then it`s better to bring him in at #5 and let Nasir bat at #7..In that case Nasir should get more opportunity to bowl..

But the problem is if we include Riyad then we will have to leave Mominul out .. we can`t have both Mominul and Riyad in the team as there is only one spot left for a batsman/all-rounder (going by the poll result)... That`s the reason I voted Mominul for #3 ..

my pick is
1.Tamim 2.Imrul/Anamul 3. Mominul 4. Shakib 5.Riyad 6. Mushy 7.Nasir 8. Mash 9. Razzak 10. Nazmul 11.Rubel
Old May 5, 2012, 01:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
nasir is an offie, honestly he could be a world class spinner like shakib imo. the other offie to look at is mahmudul hasan. also i didn't really think of it before but shaker ahmed could be someone to look at for that #7 spot since he's a terrific spinner and obviously can bat a bit since he's been batting in the top 3 lately. but as far as off spinners go i think it's nasir and mahmudul hasan. of course riyad and naeem bowl off spin to. i'm not sure mahmudul has the hitting ability needed for #7, might be more like riyad and naeem.

i think as long as sabbir doesn't neglect his bowling he will be a good pick for the #7 spot in ODIs, his leg spin also provides more variety.

maybe nur hossain? just looking at his records and his list A strike rate is over 100, not the most consistent with the bat but can hit.
Yeah Nasir is a good off spinner but he looked deadly only on Chittagong pitch.. On a flat pitch he gets tonked .. He has not been good in DPL/BPL so it`s hard to tell how good of a bowler he is but yes he has the potential to be a great off spinner.. Among the others Mahmudul and Sabbir has good prospects !!!
Old May 5, 2012, 01:18 AM
Cricket Guru

well if riyad has to get a spot then clearly mominul has to sit out, no one will drop shakib, rahim or nasir. besides neither riyad or mominul are suited to the #7 spot so they would have to bat 4-6 so what we also need to think about is that if we pick mominul or riyad then nasir will be batting at #7, is it to low for him?
Old May 5, 2012, 01:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
So everyone has an idea for who should be in the middle order. Its just the no. 7 that is the tricky position to pick. I would have thought this team would be good.

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Anamul/Jahurul
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiq
6. Nasir
7. N/A (i have no idea who to pick in this position)
8. Mashrafe
9. Razzak
10. Nazmul
11. Rubel

I always enjoyed Mahmudullah in the team. I feel like his usefulness is needed in the team but i dont know where to put him. He chips in with the bat and ball.

So far the clear favourite for the no. 4 position is Shakib.
i guess sabbir or mahmudul....otherwise nasir at 7.
Old May 5, 2012, 01:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Yeah Riyad has been a good off-spinner for the team and his batting is good too but not suitable for #7 ...If we want to keep him (I think in reality we don`t have a choice as he is the VC) then it`s better to bring him in at #5 and let Nasir bat at #7..In that case Nasir should get more opportunity to bowl..

But the problem is if we include Riyad then we will have to leave Mominul out .. we can`t have both Mominul and Riyad in the team as there is only one spot left for a batsman/all-rounder (going by the poll result)... That`s the reason I voted Mominul for #3 ..

my pick is
1.Tamim 2.Imrul/Anamul 3. Mominul 4. Shakib 5.Riyad 6. Mushy 7.Nasir 8. Mash 9. Razzak 10. Nazmul 11.Rubel
if we don't want riyad at #4 or #5 then we have no reason to even be discussing him. no one wants him at 6 or 7 and the top 3 spots have already been chosen. but you're right with the reality doubt he will be dropped.
Old May 5, 2012, 06:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

very good discussion.... i voted for shakib, but i was considering riyad as he should be at either 3, 4, or12. who should be at no. 4 will really depend on the team composition. because, it won't be enough to bring the best out of no 4 spot, the winning strategy is to bring the best out of the sum of all 11 spots. if we can't find a good no. 7 riyad has to be at 4 and shakib has to move to no 5.

now, i am tempted to try the following squad: tamim, kayes, anamul, shakib, nasir, mushfiq, mominul, mashrafe, razzaq, (two other pacers). not sure how mominul will do at no 7 though..........
Old May 5, 2012, 11:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

After his asia cup heroics, it has to be Shakib at #4 in ODIs. Someone else in tests, because Shakib has to bowl 25 overs a day.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 5, 2012, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Best batsman of the team will bat up is a general theory.In this regard #4 goes to Shakib.But Shakibs position in ODi is almost fixed.He dont like to bat up in ODI.
If i think generally #4--#7 will go for
4.Mushy
5.Shakib
6Nasir
7.Riyad
Here#7 is the weakest link.As a test batsman and techniqie i have faith on Riyadh.This guy need to come up.He need to be brave.I want to see him at #4.In that case #7 problem will also be solved.Finisher Nasir at #7.So my dream batting line up for ODI with current players:
1.Tamim
2.IK
3.Anamul
4.Riyad[Revamped|
5.Shakib
6.Mushy
7.Nasir
If Riyad fail to fix him at #4 bad days are coming for him.He is not a #7 material.
Old May 5, 2012, 03:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Reiterating what Gowza said, I think this no 4 is the only position that riyad can take so I would give him the opportunity before anyone else. If he does not work out, Shuvagata or Mominul are good calls.

5-6-7 belongs to shakib Mushfiq and Nasir.

If in any case, mominul mustn't make his debut at the moment or shuvagata is in off form as already he is, shakib needs to come at 4 and no 7 slot should go to zia, shabbir or milon. I would like this better this way.
Old May 5, 2012, 03:19 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Løl Farhad Reza, dude do u even follow Bangladesh cricket???

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old May 5, 2012, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Best batsman of the team will bat up is a general theory.In this regard #4 goes to Shakib.But Shakibs position in ODi is almost fixed.He dont like to bat up in ODI.
If i think generally #4--#7 will go for
4.Mushy
5.Shakib
6Nasir
7.Riyad
Here#7 is the weakest link.As a test batsman and techniqie i have faith on Riyadh.This guy need to come up.He need to be brave.I want to see him at #4.In that case #7 problem will also be solved.Finisher Nasir at #7.So my dream batting line up for ODI with current players:
1.Tamim
2.IK
3.Anamul
4.Riyad[Revamped|
5.Shakib
6.Mushy
7.Nasir
If Riyad fail to fix him at #4 bad days are coming for him.He is not a #7 material.
I like this team.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 6, 2012, 02:14 AM
MLC World Series I

Shakib's Batting records

Shows us that
  • 4th Position - Averages 42.95 from 28 Innings with two 100's & four 50's (with a SR of 77.89)
  • 5th Position - Averages 35.90 from 82 Innings with three 100's & twenty 50's (with a SR of 80.46)
Old May 6, 2012, 02:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Shakib's Batting records

Shows us that
  • 4th Position - Averages 42.95 from 28 Innings with two 100's & four 50's (with a SR of 77.89)
  • 5th Position - Averages 35.90 from 82 Innings with three 100's & twenty 50's (with a SR of 80.46)
This is why Shakib should bat at no. 4. We need a person who will consistently score runs for Bangladesh. We need to make Bangladesh's batting lineup as solid as possible. Nice stat who you have come up with Maysun.

Shakib has played 28 innings at no. 4 and 82 innings at no. 5 and he made 2 centuries at no. 4 and 3 centuries at no. 5. This shows he can be more consistent at no. 4 and score big as well.
Old May 6, 2012, 03:08 AM
Cricket Guru

voted for shakib, as said we want someone consistent who can play big innings his has a great record at both #4 and #5 but it's even better at #4. he can rotate, he can score boundaries, play to the situation.
Old May 6, 2012, 03:29 AM
MLC World Series I

Shakib undoubtedly has great records both at 4 & 5, But the question is, If he bats at 5, is there someone in the team who can maximise his batting ability at 4th instead of coming in at 6 & 7?
Old May 6, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Shakib undoubtedly has great records both at 4 & 5, But the question is, If he bats at 5, is there someone in the team who can maximise his batting ability at 4th instead of coming in at 6 & 7?
Thanks for the stats Maysun.. It just shows both Shakib and the team is better off if he plays at #4 ... But if he doesn't want to bat at that position and if we are to continue with Riyad (as he is the VC) then Riyad should come at #4.. So the middle order would be

4. Riyad
5. Shakib
6. Mushy
7. Nasir
Old May 7, 2012, 04:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Shakib the clear favourite.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Most of the people here are voting for Shakib.But Shakib is not interested to bat up.So we ll have to think other than Shakb.
Old May 7, 2012, 07:24 PM
Test Cricketer

I voted for Mominul because someone told me he has good technique.... ;-)
Old May 7, 2012, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Most of the people here are voting for Shakib.But Shakib is not interested to bat up.So we ll have to think other than Shakb.
yeah but we aren't voting for the most realistic XIK, we're voting for the one we think is the best realistic or not. wwe all know shakib doesn't want to bat higher but the thing is he'd do great in that spot and better than anyone else BD have atm most likely.
Old May 8, 2012, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
yeah but we aren't voting for the most realistic XIK, we're voting for the one we think is the best realistic or not. wwe all know shakib doesn't want to bat higher but the thing is he'd do great in that spot and better than anyone else BD have atm most likely.

Spot on. Thats why its called a BanglaCricket XI.
Old May 8, 2012, 01:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

oh no i do a lot of typo's....but lol at the "wwe" typo, nasir around lol!

btw for those questioning shakib as #4, well as i've said a number of times before it would then have to be between riyad, shuvagata or mominul. riyad we could try and if he fails then bring up hom or mominul. tbh despite the hype and high of mominul i'd probably bring in shuvagata for the fact that he earned his place in the national team, did nothing wrong to get dropped (in terms of national team results) and has comeback to form therefore he derserves to be the next in selected. mominul has technique, talent and performs in big matches but he hasn't shown enough consistency to earn a call up realitiscally. anamul has, he's performed in FC cricket as one of the best for the last 2 years, and has consistently scored centuries this season. you'll notice no one is talking about asif atm because he hasn't been performing much like mominul thus they probaqbly should do with a bit more time before a call up.
Old May 8, 2012, 04:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

That means we are thinking to make an 11 that will never ever come to reality where Shalkib will bat at #4.Meams its just a famtasy !!
Sorry i am loosing interest.