facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 10, 2005, 07:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Tears Roll Over My Chicks!!!

It was just the day millions of fans all over the world waited!!I was just preparing to go to office,probably most memorable day of my life!!!My kids asked me what happened becos at that time i was hearing the poetic Commentary Of Khuda Bux Mridha.Express yourself mates.Its time to make celebrations!!

Old January 10, 2005, 08:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Your Chicks or cheeks :P But hey! this is just the beginning...Prepare for a series Victory and, inevitably, more BOX masterpieces :tiger:

Edited on, January 10, 2005, 1:08 PM GMT, by pompous.
Old January 10, 2005, 08:06 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

:P:P:P
Old January 10, 2005, 08:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

O no it must be CHEEKS(Gaal). Sorry Pompous!Iam at my office and still enjoying the victory.It will be "Mistee"(Sweet)Lots of Roshgolla to everybody in the office!
Old January 10, 2005, 08:17 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Does Swedish people understand cricket?

Edited on, January 10, 2005, 1:17 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old January 10, 2005, 08:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

We finaly won a game :-)

However we should have beaten Pakistan a year or 2 ago, that was a poor effort. :'(
Old January 10, 2005, 08:20 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I’m gonna give a treat my Indian colleagues tonight.

Edited on, January 10, 2005, 1:23 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Old January 10, 2005, 08:25 AM
BC Editorial Team

>> I’m gonna give a treat my Indian colleagues tonight.

Did you try the same after the 2nd ODI ? What were the reactions ?
Old January 10, 2005, 08:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Yes Yes!!! We play All Swedish League every year May-August. Beside myself a ex Mohammadan Club player plays for a Club.(Piyal).We have some 22 teams all over Sweden.Everyteam plays on home and away basis.We have some very good swede who plays in the leauge too.Most of the players are from Pakistan,India,Australia and the West Indies.So cricket is not any unknown game here.
Old January 10, 2005, 08:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by islam
We finaly won a game :-)

However we should have beaten Pakistan a year or 2 ago, that was a poor effort. :'(
It was the Umpires who took the match from us and don't forget the best Innings of Inzi.I watched the series live and have all those matches recorded.
Old January 10, 2005, 08:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Yes those are factors, but low ranked teams will never get things to go their way, they need to make things happen.

The internation community will not recognise this win since we beat a very understrenght team in Zim, with all their experenced players 'exiled'.

We need to beat a proper tam to get any regocnetion, and we should start by not running around in the streets celebrating (we were expected to win), we should make sure we win the serise 2-0 and go well in the ODI's as well.
Old January 10, 2005, 09:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

There is a "ball-tampering" conspiracy surrounding the Pakistan victory against BD in Multan. In the second innings, BD batters were playing quite well and the ball wasn't swinging much. Then just after the lunch break/ (or was it tea?), the ball started to "reverse-swing" ominously and Shoaib and Co. played havoc upon the poor BD batsmen. I think even some Pakistani papers made some comments about the unusual behaviour of the ball. The famous leg-spinner Abdul Qadir went as far as making these allegations publicly against the Pak team in Pakistan national TV (if I am not wrong).
Old January 10, 2005, 09:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

I'm just saying, Its great that we won but if we didn't it would be very embarisng, normaly we are expected to get thrashed but here we are expected to win. We need to have a draw or even better a win against better teams @ home.
Old January 10, 2005, 10:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

The following is from CricInfo article by Rabeed Imam. I am at work now and I couldn't hold my tears after reading this.
Congratulations Bangladesh. We must not stop here...this is just the begining.

"Mortaza nailed Mluleki Nkala in the next over as the ball dislodged one bail, baffling the bowler and fielders alike. Mortaza thought the ball had just missed the stumps, the fielders were unsure where it had gone but confusion turned into celebration as the Bangladeshis realised they had another wicket and history loomed (145 for 9).

With passion and emotion running high, Mortaza just could not start his run-up for the next ball as he took time to wipe off tears before finally getting his composure back. With anticipation of taking the last wicket riding high, Bashar had six men breathing down the batsmen's necks before Enamul provided the glorious finale. "
Old January 10, 2005, 11:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Hey Bat&PadTogether, i live in sweden too. I live in Gothenburg........I play in the Gotherburg C.C. Which team do u play in? Are u under 19 or over?
Old January 10, 2005, 02:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mohammad
Hey Bat&PadTogether, i live in sweden too. I live in Gothenburg........I play in the Gotherburg C.C. Which team do u play in? Are u under 19 or over?
Welcome!!!!! Mohammad I play for Pakistan Cricket Club Of Stockholm.Are you from Pakistan?Iam a senior member of the team.
Old January 10, 2005, 03:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

bangladesh wins means tons of misthi being dished out
Old January 10, 2005, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Some ( Islam) are forgetting the fact that Brian Lara threatened to quit when we had a draw with West Indies last year. Pakistan was only 1 wicket away from losing, Then, aside the umpires and ball tempering, Rafiques breaking the bails with his leg before the ball also missed an obvisous opportunity. For 2 years, we had all the front line seamers in injuries not to mention the batsmen being tired or playing too many matches.. Zim/India was not playing all the teams when they were given the test status,,,This started when ICC came up with the 10 year plan.

Internationl Media can say whatever they want. And this victory will not stop them either. The fact of the matter is,,, A Test win is a test win,,it doesnt matter who the opposition is. Besides the players from this Zim side actually did beat Australia U19 team just a year back.

Its a blessing in disguise that we are not getting the proper respect,, cause you never know, as you dont want to know, when we are coming.. and we are coming closer to beat them all soon.. one by one.
Old January 10, 2005, 04:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Kande sudhu mon keno kandere!!! Jodio Bangladesh jiteche!!! Aro bijoy chai!!!!!!!!
Old January 10, 2005, 04:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by islam
I'm just saying, Its great that we won but if we didn't it would be very embarisng, normaly we are expected to get thrashed but here we are expected to win. We need to have a draw or even better a win against better teams @ home.
What is your point? We won against an weakened Zimbabwe team.................so "amader gale hat die boshe thaka uchit ebong matha chaprano uchit keno amra aro boro doler shathe jitlam na". tai na? I don't know what makes you post these reminders in every other topics!! Do you have any problem with people rejoicing?

Man when the nay sayers write about us they never mention how close we were of beating Pakistan in Pakistan........they only write how many matches we lost. They do not write how cricket has changed, how almost every match now ends in a result. How every team is so much more professional now as compared to before. It is IMPOSSIBLE in this age of global marketing to become competetive without money and there is no way for us to spend so much without first being accepted in the "select band". It will take time before we beat top teams regularly. Bangladesh's progress is phenomenal in every respect! In four years time we came close to beating pakistan and have actually drawn a test in WI............Any person with cricketing sense will know what an astounding achievement that is!
Old January 10, 2005, 04:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhakablues

Its a blessing in disguise that we are not getting the proper respect,, cause you never know, as you dont want to know, when we are coming.. and we are coming closer to beat them all soon.. one by one.

Simply fan-tastic!! You got me all fired up.
Old January 11, 2005, 11:43 AM
Club Cricketer

No Bat&PadTogether, I am from Bangladesh, and I am sixteen years old, I play for the under 19 team, and I also play in the senior team. We might actually have played you guys, or atleast may see you this summer. We are playing indoor cricket at the moment. Do you guys play indoor cricket?
HEJA BANGLADESH!!!! (hope you know what it means)
Old January 11, 2005, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I feel like when Jnr will be our captain in 20.. And ash will be a great player and kapali, new keeper, nafees and nafis all those r playing we might have chance to go the SC final I think Jnr will be better captain then ash so i picked him.....(oh by that time shumon, pilot, rafiq, golla all be retired... but chacha will be there as NANA)