facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2004, 08:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Bangladeshi\'s are not mentally strong enough to win a match

In many cases, Bangladeshi's failed to play their potential. They have the talent, they have the support, they have good domestic competions, but failed to live upto the expectaions if in the case of international matches. Really, it is a discouraging fact. Even, it will deny/delay the entry of new nations into the international arena.

Why the bangladeshi's are loosing, even they have everything in their hand. I feel, they are menatally very weak. Why they are not working on it?

Old February 24, 2004, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
but failed to live upto the expectaions if in the case of international matches
The expectations were too high. Human beings are the same i.e if we put are mind to it anything can be achieved. Just need to ratchet up the perspiration level.
Old February 24, 2004, 11:03 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default one win

i believe only one win can give them this strength. but that O----N------E !!! don't know when we can get that.
Old February 24, 2004, 11:09 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Sunil, you are making a childish assessment. Cricket is not something you achieve in 4-5 years. It is a culture, it takes generations to grow the right cricket sense.

Give Bangladesh 10 years of test status. Then come back and tell us if you were wrong now or not.
Old February 24, 2004, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't agree with the 10 year necessity. If you play well upto the last hour before stumps on the 3rd day, how much more does it take to play well for another day? We have seen this issue right from the first test against India. We were good enough to score 400 against India back then, weren't we?

This is not Papua New Guinea or even Nepal (no disrespect to them). The Bangladesh team should not make any more excuses or ask for another 10 years. They simply have to learn to play one more day of test cricket. It will take a bit more work on concentration and not thinking the job is done after one or two good sessions, a couple of fifties, a near-century, some good bowling, whatever.

People suggest that the loss in Multan against Pakistan is still haunting the players. Or that there is too much expectation and pressure. I don't see how last year's near-miss against one of the best teams should be a problem. And I definitely don't see how high expectations can be affecting the team. We are saying on one hand that it will take 10 years and on the other hand making excuses that the team feels too much pressure?
Old February 24, 2004, 12:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladesh is the babe of Test cricket. No wonder they will loose. But the most important thing is that they are showing signs of improvement. The onething that I really like about Bangladeshi players is that they are not showing negative attitude. In their earlier days Zimbabwe often bowled wide outside the offstump with packed offside field to stop other teams from scoring freely (Arjuna Ranatunga openly accused them of doing so). Contrary to that our bowlers are trying to take wickets. All kudos to them. I don't know how many years will it take but I will be happy as long as the comparative performance graph shows upward trend.

And to the moderators, I think the title of this thread is little bit racist.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Optimist]
Old February 24, 2004, 12:54 PM
Club Cricketer

I agree this point. We will lose and may be will continue to do so some few more years. The point is if we are improving and if we are able to keep the state of improving!

I am sure even a Test win in such a state is not enough to show that we have improved. The objective is to keep the level where we are and try to enrich that level.

Once we reach the top level, we will start to win almost everything like Australia and you will be bored of BD cricket cause they win everything !!
Old February 24, 2004, 01:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I agree with optimist about the title of the thread. Its generalized and people can take it otherwise, though I believe the author meant the cricket team and not the nation .
Old February 24, 2004, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

are bhai jonmer por thekei 10 bochorer plan shune ashtesi...boyosh to r amar kom hoy nai...18...akhono jodi 10 bochor 10 bochor korte hoy tahole to ek din buira howe geleo dekhbo bangladesh aager motoi ase...
akhoni shomoy 10 bochor porer kotha baad diye immediately bhalo korar chinta bhabna kora...
Old February 25, 2004, 01:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

VV_sunil asked a good question Why they are not working on it? I think they are working on it. They have pshycologist for that purpose. I think players has to learn to be professional. If you look at Rafiq, In his one interview he said cricket is my bread and butter. This is the correct attitude towards your profession. You go to your job and perform everyday, not the day you feel like. It is your job. Some cricketer are not as sincere as Rafiq. Talent brings player in the test cricket. It is attitude that keep them consistent.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by sage]