facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 18, 2012, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Good luck with your marriage...But since you are being so picky then why you even went after arranged marriage stuff and later whining about how bad they are.

Old November 18, 2012, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Misogyny - thy synonym is Bangali pola.
Old November 18, 2012, 08:06 PM
Cricket Guru

LOL! What a thread. Good luck with the marriage
Old November 18, 2012, 09:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

(This seems like a hit thread. Why haven't I seen it all day? @Zee, take notes. You might just finally open a thread that goes past 15 posts . You haven't had those in a while.)

So let me get this straight. You complain about BD lifestyle which seems very odd and traditional, as it should, for someone who lived aboard for a while. But when it comes to "bride hunting" your thoughts and criteria are just as traditional as those who live in BD (even they aren't as traditional anymore). You criticize the very modern aspect of relationships. I mean the fact that you even call it "bride-hunting" is pretty shameful.

I think this guy went to BD to find himself some young and pretty virgins but batted out like Junaid Siddique.
Old November 18, 2012, 09:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Idk why I wasted my time. posting my comments, iDumb already covered alladat.
Old November 18, 2012, 09:35 PM
Administrator

All he needed was a kajer bua. Stays at home and cooks for him. You can always pay for sex. Cheaper than getting married.
Old November 18, 2012, 09:39 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This thread is tailor made for iDumb-bua jokes.
Old November 18, 2012, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

^ I sense more of them coming from Orphy ... Don't do it man!
Old November 18, 2012, 09:49 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaHiMa
^ I sense more of them coming from Orphy ... Don't do it man!
aaaap. Too late!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)
Dilscoop* , rashed , iDumb
Old November 18, 2012, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Idk why I wasted my time. posting my comments, iDumb already covered alladat.
I m glad u did. I laughed for 5 mins reading or post worsened by trying to suppress that laughter in front of my shoshur.

Anyways i will try to post an intelligent post when I am in front of my laptop....why i am glad crisis posted This thread. Many ppl have similar thinking....

Man I wanna hunt for bride too and get rejected lol and then cursrethem out ...

Where is sohel nr and Saad they missing from this thread....

Its funny how no girls responded here to the original post or even slightly offended... They dont give a f.... And i like it..thats the sign of progress. Bengali girls rule.
Old November 18, 2012, 10:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Amio deshe giye Bride Hunt korbo. Acha what's the going rate for Joutuk for Bideshi Damand these days? Amar ekta motorcycle er onek shok.
Old November 18, 2012, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Its funny how no girls responded here to the original post or even slightly offended... They dont give a f.... And i like it..thats the sign of progress. Bengali girls rule.
to echo the words of dillu... didn't want to
Quote:
...waste* my time... iDumb already covered alladat.
with some corrections for my conveniece lol
Old November 18, 2012, 10:12 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I guess Meena was never very effective.
Old November 18, 2012, 10:18 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Amio deshe giye Bride Hunt korbo. Acha what's the going rate for Joutuk for Bideshi Damand these days? Amar ekta motorcycle er onek shok.
khub valo news Ajfar... Motorcycle export kora toh bohut jhaamela tar cheye borong takata eurote transfer korte boila dio bride er father ke (euror rate valo aase). Baba maayer khejmot korar jonne bou boroi proyojon kaajei beshi shikkhito career minded jeno naa hoi.Bia kore rekhe jaba desh e... 6 maash ontor ontor potro diba bou ke. Jodi chao taile olpo ektu chakri korte paare kintu beton jeno tomar theke kom hoi naile kintu kotha shunbena.
Old November 18, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:

I guess Meena was never very effective.
Meena Cartoons were the best!
Old November 18, 2012, 10:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I find it very distasteful and offensive at times.

DO NOT stay at any middle-class relative's house. Living standard of middle-class Bangladeshi families is appalling! Bhai, I come from a middle class family and most of my close and extended family is still in Dhaka. Our living and our relatives' living standard isn't appalling. Cleanliness is within oneself.

Now, Dhakaiya families who have been drinking this WASA water for years have no problems as their stomach is full of those germs. Ki likhbo ekhane bujhtasi nah.

BD families are lazy No idea here as well.

Even if a girl is not pretty, her expectations are too high. She wants a Shahrukh Khan lookalike even if she herself looks like Moushumi! Why does she have to be pretty to have high expectations? If she is educated and has good family values, then why can't she expect a nice guy. By the way, Moushomi of the old was very pretty.

Pretty girls are only meant to be looked at or to be dated, they are not shonsharik material. You cannot marry them and expect to settle down with them. Once again going for looks. I have seen average girls who are bitchy and gorgeous girls who are nice and down to earth. I repeat..its the education and family values that matters.

Love marriages are ruining our country. Yeah, sure...why not.I am thinking whatever party (BNP/BAL) makes a mandate banning love marriage in their election agenda will win by a landslide.

Girls are becoming too career minded. Yeah, she spends almost 20+ years (starting from pre-k) to get a college degree. Why would she think about career? Let her stay home and cook and shine shoes. Okay seriously,I am assuming you are religious. A girl can work and have an excellent career well within religious guidelines.

DO NOT marry a girl who is a Doctor Yeah let's not make them doctors at all.I am sure many religious guys would go crazy taking their wife to the male gynecologist.

In conclusion -- Clearly you haven't lived in Bangladesh for a long time and is completely out of touch. The Dhaka of the 90s is gone and is very modern and progressive now. Girls don't go to schools to find husbands but to have a career. They don't think abroad is all fine and awesome but rather is happy to stay in Dhaka with their own families despite many city life problems.

But no hard feelings!! Wish you all the best in marriage and happy life
Old November 18, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Meena Cartoons were the best!
Last time I was there I saw my little cousins hooked to that ish.
Old November 18, 2012, 11:06 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I wasn't able to read all the posts from my cellphone but now that I'm on the comp... so he found a girl? Some one PLEASE show her this thread before she says her final yes. I'm sure this thread says more about his characters than it did in his "biodata"
Old November 18, 2012, 11:15 PM
Cricket Legend

As someone who has been there and done that, albeir half a decade back, here are my 2 poishas:

DO NOT stay at any middle-class relative's house. Living standard of middle-class Bangladeshi families is appalling!

Hygiene standards in middle class homes vary, greatly. I do find that restrooms in some homes, are often disproportionately less cleaner compared to the rest of the house. And by less cleaner, I dont mean they are really dirty, but just feel and smell funny.

Now, Dhakaiya families who have been drinking this WASA water for years have no problems as their stomach is full of those germs.

BD families are lazy

Yes,some people are. Having a live-in maid makes some people lazier, so much so that they are not used to even washing their own plates. And yes, some girls do boast about it "amar money pore na ja ami last kobey amar plate dhuyechhi " . the car-driver culture also contributes to it.
But there are people who are anything but lazy so your generalizations stands untrue

Even if a girl is not pretty, her expectations are too high. She wants a Shahrukh Khan lookalike even if she herself looks like Moushumi!
Its unfair, but it works both ways. If a potbellied 35 year old can slouch on a sofa and demand "opurbo shundori chai", then a plain-Jane can also ask for an actor type.
But dont forget, "demanding" and "getting" are 2 completely different things, and in a country like Bangladesh, where the "looks" differential among middle class families is so huge, you get all types of couples; from the Hur-Langur to the couple where the husband and wife look like siblings.

Pretty girls are only meant to be looked at or to be dated, they are not shonsharik material. You cannot marry them and expect to settle down with them.

BS; as a rule of thumb, girls nowadays are less "shonsharik" than previous generations, but beauty has hardly anything to do with it

Love marriages are ruining our country.
Have been going on since a long time back, and there were many an Uncle who proclaimed this, but just as your statement, there is little truth to ut

Girls are becoming too career minded.
Nothing wrong with being career-minded, as long as they express it clearly beforehand
Old November 18, 2012, 11:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

There's douchery and PhDouchery and the area in between. I hope to GOD I never meet some of the posters here in BC.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 18, 2012, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
I m glad u did. I laughed for 5 mins reading or post worsened by trying to suppress that laughter in front of my shoshur.
Hmm, are you a ghor-jamai?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 18, 2012, 11:34 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Hmm, are you a ghor-jamai?
(if I understood this correctly) Now we know who pays for all of his buas. Sweet deal.
Old November 18, 2012, 11:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Driving a bmw at 100 mph at german autobahn with a drunk girl might be happiness for a day but being with the right person, raising cows in village can be happiness for life.
Meanwhile, these lines are just too good.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 18, 2012, 11:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I dunno about Bangladesh, I don't even know too much about places like UK or NYC...but the Bengali girls in my community...80% majority are marrying "shada" who they meet and date while in undergrad, grad school, etc. Of course there is a public conversion to Islam and whether or not they really are Muslims is actually none of our business nor our concern.

I would NOT hesitate to predict that more than half of the Bengali Muslims in the US will end up marrying "shada". To each his/her own. Interestingly I'm not sure how many Bengali-other desi marriages there are. I know of 2 friends who both married Pakistanis, I'm scheduled to attend another Bengali-Pakistani wedding in 2 weeks, and my cousin married a Malayali south Indian, but apart from that I don't know too many.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 18, 2012, 11:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

visit a pious village filed with hardworking honest and humble people. this was more common let's say 100 years ago in Bangladesh than now, but such a rarity still exists Alhamdulillah! People in the villages, back in the day would go to the field and stand in line for prayer invoking Allah for rain and they would not return to their homes until they were soaking wet. This was of course back in the day, can't comment whether this is still true or not....