facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2006, 05:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Default What's New For Kenya !

Just to give you some info about ken vs bang..

We all knew Kenya defeated BD in ODI for 6 times, whereas BD defeated Kenya only 1 time.. but think about the structure of our team at that time, the selection, the bowling attack, the batting strength etc. When BD last played against kenya in 2003 world cup, we didn't have a single match winner to take away the game from the kenyans, we didn't have the strong pace attack and we didn't have a strong batting line up. Just to let you know the following players are going to play for the first time against kenyans...

1. Shahriar Nafees - A promising lefty opener with lots of gutts and bases and also posses a strong basics n grammars of cricket while playings shots !!

2. Aftab Ahmed - A consistent match winner for BD against India, Zimbabwe, Australia & Sri Lanka.

3. Mashrafee Mortoza - What can you say about him ? no comments... time will prove what he is !!

4. Shahadat Hossain Rajib - A good fast bowling attack from both side can be generated bacause of his inclusion !

5.Sayed Rasel - A very economical bowler who's always been consistent with his length and line

6.Rajin Saleh - Good Batsman with strong defense likes to play his shots frequently !

7. Manjurul Islam Rana - A good all rounder with lot of potentials in battin

Now you all know what these players are capable of against the kenyans...

Now the most interesting part is... the following players just played only ONE ODI against Kenya...

1. Habibul Bashar ( OUR CAPTAIN ) - scored 4 in 1997 president cup

2. Ashraful - scored 1 run in 2003 World Cup

3. Alok Kapali - scored 18 runs in 2003 World Cup

Only two experienced player is Javed Omer and Pilot

So, Kenyans...Be aware of these 10 playes who r just waiting to show you once what they're capable of !

6n4

Old March 14, 2006, 07:37 PM
Test Cricketer

All the way very very optimistic player analysis. i am here no way underestimating Keneyans. We are still at the same level as they do.. although, Keneya has two very fine players that we dont have. Hope for the best.
Old March 14, 2006, 07:46 PM
Street Cricketer

Again the kenyans we should be careful but optimistic though .. they have to raise their self confidence high against the kenyans. for example, when mashrafee will come into action he should feel this ..ok they r not ahead of us..they 're at same level, lets teach them, then whn he will start bowling, his pace, length,line will be getting better by every single ball he bowls.

i think 6n4 you r right about one thing from your analysis, the players who r coming right now they r more talented players and also promising. Specially the batsman like aftab, ashraful,nafees,rajin have good defense as well as style. Also they r capable of scoring runs regularly.

overall, i must say 'toss' will be an important issue for the matches.

thnks
Old March 14, 2006, 09:25 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by powerplay
Again the kenyans we should be careful but optimistic though ..
mistaken, it will be Against instead of Again
Old March 14, 2006, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by 6n4

we didn't have a strong batting line up.

6n4
We still don't
Old March 15, 2006, 12:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
We still don't
hahhaha.. be lil bit optimistic against the kenyans. our batterz will rule this time, trust me
Old March 15, 2006, 12:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

If he can manage Tikolo not to play this series (e.g. chain him down in his room ) or manage him to play for BD (atleast he'll think twice as he did for DOHS)...we will beat kenya 4-0 for sure

The latter is quite impossible but the earlier is definately possible...

Any volunteer?
Old March 15, 2006, 03:06 AM
Banned

Well the Kenyan team too is new to BD.

So it will be interesting cricket.
Old March 15, 2006, 05:10 AM
Cricket Legend

What's old for BD??

We don't have a player like Tikolo in the whole country.

Edited on, March 15, 2006, 10:44 AM GMT, by sar2005.
Old March 15, 2006, 05:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

whats new for kenya:

a bd fan forum with thousands of registered member.
Old March 15, 2006, 07:55 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally posted by Ejaj
All the way very very optimistic player analysis. i am here no way underestimating Keneyans. We are still at the same level as they do.. although, Keneya has two very fine players that we dont have. Hope for the best.
You are underestimating the standard of Bangladesh team. Don't dare to do that. We were at the same standard. Now we are clearly ahead with miles difference.

If Kenya can pick up a win against us that should be considered as an upset.

Old March 15, 2006, 08:01 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by sar2005
What's old for BD??

Edited on, March 15, 2006, 10:44 AM GMT, by sar2005.
I don't know why all the people are putting too much respect for tikolo. He is a good player and he is definitely not better than Ashraful, Aftab or Even Bashar of our team. He is definitely not in the same line with Jyaysuryia, Jaywardane, Sangakkara of recently visited Srilanka team. So why we are putting too much aatention on him. His performance in domestic league is good. That does not mean he will pose a great threat to bangladesh when we have a very good bowling line up.

Trust me he will be ordinary performer in this series.
Old March 15, 2006, 08:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Miraz
Quote:
What's old for BD??

I don't know why all the people are putting too much respect for tikolo. He is a good player and he is definitely not better than Ashraful, Aftab or Even Bashar of our team.
Agreed, but thousand times more consistant than these boys. Don't have to go further. Just look at the our league score.
Quote:
Originally posted by Miraz
He is definitely not in the same line with Jyaysuryia, Jaywardane, Sangakkara of recently visited Srilanka team.
Nope he is not in the same league with the three mentioned. However, he raises his game against us. If not with batting then bowling. By the way, adding Attapatu, De-silva, Vass, Murali to that line up, Tikolo and co. beat them in the WC if you are old enough to remember.

I trust noone especially when it comes to future cricket matches. Respect is earned not given. Tikolo has earned every bit of it.

Edited on, March 15, 2006, 1:37 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old March 15, 2006, 08:46 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

[quote]Originally posted by Cats_eye
[quote]Originally posted by Miraz
Quote:
What's old for BD??

If not with batting then bowling. By the way, adding Attapatu, De-silva, Vass, Murali to that line up, Tikolo and co. beat them in the WC if you are old enough to remember.

Edited on, March 15, 2006, 1:37 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
We have defeated Australia with all the guns in team like Gilchrist, Ponting, Martyn ....., that does not mean we are better than them. Cricket is a game of uncertainity. In the match you mentioned Srilanka choked, I am giving credit to Kenya but now they are missing two very key player Odumbe and Ravindu Shah.

Tikolo's ODI average is around 28. I don't think he is really that great to be resoected.
Old March 15, 2006, 09:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Miraz bhai,
Hmm! Winning one game and comfortably winning a series is two different thing. The first one, yes any time it can happen in cricket. Even SL found out. To win a series players must be consistant. Show me a series, heck a year of domestic league, heck 4 game streak where any BD player was consistant. May be Bashar can come close to it. Do you want me show some stats of Tikolo?

Anyways, those who are respecting Tikolo, thats just from past experience and he has earned every bit of it. His average has nothing to do with his ability to burn bangladesh. You may not respect him that's your choice, but do not question others why they respect Tikolo. Hope and pray we beat them 4-0.

Edited on, March 15, 2006, 2:05 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old March 15, 2006, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

cats_eye
Old March 15, 2006, 09:30 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Dear Cats_Eye,
I am concerned about too much respect. I do respect Tikolo but not to the same degree as u r. Well Bangladeshi Tigers are not consistent because most of time they were young and playing against the topmost teams of the world. But when Zimbabwe came last year (I think that was much stronger than current Kenya team) they showed they can be consistent when opponents standard is matching or slightly better.

Bangladesh is progressing every day. Within few years (1-2) our tigers will perform consistently.
Old March 15, 2006, 10:38 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

"3. Mashrafee Mortoza - What can you say about him ? no comments... time will prove what he is !!" Mashrafee did play in the World Cup 2003, but not against Kenya. One bad thing that we'd all like to forget including Mashrafee himself, which is that his World Cup debut match was against Canada, a match where we lost.
Old March 15, 2006, 10:41 AM
First BC Member

Miraz, let me give you a good advice, something that I learnt the hard way.

Don't think too positive about Bangladesh cricket from the beginning of a series.

I used to think like you once. Now look where it brought me here now.
Old March 15, 2006, 10:43 AM
First BC Member

I wonder if Shahadat will be in the final eleven or not. He could be very expensive, a criteria of losing a whole match just by one bowler's expensive bowling.
Old March 15, 2006, 12:04 PM
First BC Member

Hey, care for a Kenyan line up analysis?

Steve Tikolo - has more reputation than any other batsman from both sides

Kennedy Otieno - Was invovled in a World Record Opening partnership against Bangladesh, plus has a couple of ODI hundreds against us?

Thomas Odoyo - although he has not proven to be such an influential player against us, but he has improved on his batting, as well as with his overall atitude a lot, may prove to be very costly for Bangladesh? Besides, he's the future of Kenyan cricket and also perhaps the vice captain of the Kenyan side?

Hitesh Modi - A nagging batsman that we don't want to see if we can create a collapse in the Kenyan top order

Martin Suji - I wish our Hasibul Hossain Shanto was as good as he is - it could have made a lot of difference.

Collins Obuya - somebody who wants to be the best spinner of Kenya. I wish we had somebody as young as he is and expressed his desire to be the best spinner of Bangladesh. Plus, he's very accurate for a leg spinner.

Ongondo and other seamers - How they can get our wickets so easily and so quickly is beyond me!
Old March 15, 2006, 05:36 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
"3. Mashrafee Mortoza - What can you say about him ? no comments... time will prove what he is !!" Mashrafee did play in the World Cup 2003, but not against Kenya. One bad thing that we'd all like to forget including Mashrafee himself, which is that his World Cup debut match was against Canada, a match where we lost.
i admit what point u wanted to raise..but with due respect my point is the masrafee u saw at that time of 2003 world cup and the mashrafee right now is kinda day n night difference ! just to let u know there's a word called 'experience' and it counts brother ! i would never be so much positive if its a test playing country.. Kenya is now very young side...only some experienced players such as tikolo, odoyo, otieno can be dangerous for us and that's it...but see we played how many series after the 2003 world cup whereas the kenyans played only with the zimbabweans. In recent performances, we did win matches in each and every series...so count those informationz when u r a speaker for the kenyans !
Old March 15, 2006, 05:46 PM
Club Cricketer

one thing to all the readers..of this topic..i just wanna mention one thing clr..

i m very positive for the Bangladeshi cricketers to win this series and i do believe that our boys will make 100% use of this opportunity of playing good cricket against the kenyans and pull up victories over them in this series.

So if you guys have any questions/doubt about my comments, i just wanna tell you one thing...wait n watch...time will say everything...

NOW LETz GIVE A THUMBS UP FOR OUR BOYS ...:up

thanks..

GO BANGLADESH !

6n4
Old March 15, 2006, 06:01 PM
Street Cricketer

the totally new thing for kenya is new formed bd side who now knows how to win matches...asol bepar bissas jeita age chilonah ode bepare...finally tikka ke bhoy pabar ki holo..amra to tendu, ponti, gillider run korte dei nai...tikka kisui korte parbenah...