facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 12, 2012, 06:26 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Lol don't get mad, one swallow doesn't make a summer. Beating WI post 2000 is not any great achievement and less said about NZ the better. India's overall record outside India and specially outside Asia is beyond pathetic for so called super power. As I said your away record is equal to Sri lanka and NZ. No doubt India has been a decent team for the last decade but according to their fans you would think they are comparable to Australia and West indies of the past.
You said Indian cricket wasn't up during any time so I provided you with results. Now you have changed the goal post saying 1 swallow doesn't make a summer. Its not excellent but still decent. Pak had avery good team in 90's. Everyone knows that but only place they managed to win the series was Eng and NZ. So i guess even they are pathetic according to your high standards.
Why doesn't Sl and Pak doesn't have any series win in WI and Eng only 1 compared to India's 2.
LOL... India at the same level as SL. Sl doesn't even have won a single test in Aus and Ind. Cmon tell me a country where India doesn't even have a single test victory.

I never said India is a the same level as aus and Wi were or as same as SA. Don't assume things. Quote and discuss with those who say. Don't try to put words in my mouth.

Old December 12, 2012, 08:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers
Default BCCI president Srinivasan stopped the sacking of MS Dhoni: Amarnath

Suprising news! Still one test left and Amarnath, former selector bombed against BCCI head / CSK owner & MS Dhoni criticising selecting affair-

Quote:
After dropping a bombshell about interference in selection matters, former national selector Mohinder Amarnath on Wednesday named BCCI president N Srinivasan as the person who overruled the "unanimous" decision to replace Mahendra Singh Dhoni as captain after India's eight consecutive overseas Test defeats.

"It was a unanimous decision, all five selectors supported it. The Board President (Srinivasan) did not approve the unanimous decision to replace Mahendra Singh Dhoni," Amarnath told a news television.

"Why do you need a selection committee there if one person needs to be at the helm of affairs. We should not be there. Who knows the constitution of BCCI? Is the current selection committee aware of it? I was not aware of the constitution of BCCI" he said.

detail
Old December 12, 2012, 11:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Champs
You said Indian cricket wasn't up during any time so I provided you with results. Now you have changed the goal post saying 1 swallow doesn't make a summer. Its not excellent but still decent. Pak had avery good team in 90's. Everyone knows that but only place they managed to win the series was Eng and NZ. So i guess even they are pathetic according to your high standards.
Why doesn't Sl and Pak doesn't have any series win in WI and Eng only 1 compared to India's 2.
LOL... India at the same level as SL. Sl doesn't even have won a single test in Aus and Ind. Cmon tell me a country where India doesn't even have a single test victory.

I never said India is a the same level as aus and Wi were or as same as SA. Don't assume things. Quote and discuss with those who say. Don't try to put words in my mouth.
India's away record is the 2nd worst along with Lanka, India's away win loss ratio of 0.29 is equal to Sri lanka and almost the same as New zealand's 0.27.
Old December 12, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

England winning the toss and batting first could actually help turn things India's way
Old December 12, 2012, 10:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

India going with only 1 pacer? And that too with Ishant? And Jadeja over Rahane? Horrible selections here. Expecting another Indian loss here
Old December 12, 2012, 11:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

What a mighty "fast" bowler Ishant "Curtly" Sharma is... averaging over 38 after playing 45 tests.
Old December 12, 2012, 11:55 PM
Cricket Sage

^ he did get the job done this morning, removed both of the opener. This partnership holds the key for England in the first innings. Trott or KP has to score big while others have to chip in small amount. Otherwise England might fold by 300 maybe even 250.
Old December 12, 2012, 11:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Kumar dharmasena the blind donkey is best umpire of the year.. LMFAO. I hope Indians get done by umpires in this test.. they always cry only when decisions go against them. but refuse DRS.
Old December 12, 2012, 11:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
^ he did get the job done this morning, removed both of the opener. This partnership holds the key for England in the first innings. Trott or KP has to score big while others have to chip in small amount. Otherwise England might fold by 300 maybe even 250.
On this pitch 200 can easily be a winning total.. with England's bowling and a batting lineup as weak as India's.
Old December 13, 2012, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Atrocious decision. Cook out.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old December 13, 2012, 12:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Atrocious decision. Cook out.
Trott was given not out against Sharma
Old December 13, 2012, 12:48 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

2 hours in, about 20 people in the stadium. I'm sorry, but why doesn't Bangladesh get invited again? I don't really care but I'm just wondering.

Funny thing, FTP booked India at home for like the next decade just so they don't have to get beat aboard. LOL, that plan isn't working.
Old December 13, 2012, 01:16 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
India going with only 1 pacer? And that too with Ishant? And Jadeja over Rahane? Horrible selections here. Expecting another Indian loss here
Go to Jadeja's CI profile and see his recent performances
Old December 13, 2012, 02:17 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Wrong decision against Cook is a huge blow... He is as important as Clarke is to the Australian Batting order. Expecting the English to whine about it for months now... especially Ian Botham
Old December 13, 2012, 05:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

England is in trouble. 5 wickets have fallen early.
Old December 13, 2012, 06:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Eng didn't do that bad at the end...199/5... If they can stretch it close to 300 tomorrow...they might have an upper hand.... How Indians will bat here, lets see...it's a very slow pitch and outfield....
Old December 13, 2012, 08:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Go to Jadeja's CI profile and see his recent performances
So going by those stats, you would pick Jadeja? Why ignore how bad he's been in international cricket so far but take in Ranji stats? Why not give Rahane a go who hasn't gotten a clear chance yet? Or Rohit who should have gotten a chance already. Or Tiwary. Well so far as a bowler he's done well but I have my doubts he'll perform with the bat.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old December 13, 2012, 10:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Shameful pitch. I saw the first session and Ishant Sharma's 9 out of 10 deliveries didn't carry to Dhoni. What's the point of such pitches?
Old December 13, 2012, 10:39 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
So going by those stats, you would pick Jadeja? Why ignore how bad he's been in international cricket so far but take in Ranji stats? Why not give Rahane a go who hasn't gotten a clear chance yet? Or Rohit who should have gotten a chance already. Or Tiwary. Well so far as a bowler he's done well but I have my doubts he'll perform with the bat.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
So according to your reasoning, we should ignore a player who has performed tremendously well off late (both with the bat and ball) in the domestic just because he didn't live up to the standards and expectations in other formats? Hmm, how to make 2 triple centuries in a space of 5 matches, get looked past? I think we should ask you.

And not to mention, he was a direct replacement for Yuvraj to fill in the AR spot. The other players you mentioned - Rahane, Rohit & Tiwary are not AR's, though Rohit & Tiwary can be given 3/4 overs in a session.
Old December 13, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
So according to your reasoning, we should ignore a player who has performed tremendously well off late (both with the bat and ball) in the domestic just because he didn't live up to the standards and expectations in other formats? Hmm, how to make 2 triple centuries in a space of 5 matches, get looked past? I think we should ask you.

And not to mention, he was a direct replacement for Yuvraj to fill in the AR spot. The other players you mentioned - Rahane, Rohit & Tiwary are not AR's, though Rohit & Tiwary can be given 3/4 overs in a session.
Bhai, that's amazing no doubt but he's already been given a run in international cricket and has proved to be less than successful. If there were no other options, then yes give him a run and hope for him to improve a certain period of time but why continue with him when other well deserved players are waiting?

Also agreed that Jadeja is more of an allrounder compared to the likes of Tiwary or Rahane but then again, this is Tests. I'd much rather pick a better batsman. And from what I've seen of Rahane, Tiwary, and Rohit, they seem to be the better batsmen. We can't only look at pure statistics. You have to rely on your cricket eyes as well.

Anyways, let's see what he does in this match and see if his selection was justified or not.
Old December 13, 2012, 12:00 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Who's Jadeja? he's not even 1/10 the class of Shakib just compare their International stats as all-rounders. Anyway there's nothing wrong with a slow pitch its perfectly fine. If fast pitches are allowed then the opposite slow is allowed.
Old December 14, 2012, 03:05 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Sehwag gone for a duck! India would have definitely hoped for a quickfire 50 from him on this ultra slow pitch
Old December 14, 2012, 03:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Sehwag can't play straight deliveries now! Entire batting line-up losing form at the same time.
Old December 14, 2012, 04:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Who's Jadeja? he's not even 1/10 the class of Shakib just compare their International stats as all-rounders. Anyway there's nothing wrong with a slow pitch its perfectly fine. If fast pitches are allowed then the opposite slow is allowed.
Jadeja has 3 triple hundreds and Ranji trophy is no joke
Old December 14, 2012, 06:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Oh no, Bhagwan fails yet again when the team needs him the most.. but wait he is going to play 200th test.. another record for him. After that he needs to get 100 fifties and 50 odi hundreds. Keep on going boy