facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 21, 2010, 11:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

This is just 2 much..I gotta say I'm disappointed with Siddons..I really thought he was improving our cricket but I just cannot believe that no more..today's match proved that he just wants the team 2 play for a respectable loss..a score of 385 is 2 much but us going slogging from ball 1 was the way 2 go..and saying that just because tamim got out so they gave up? If I were Zunaed and Imrul I would be pissed..he's got no belief for them if he thinks that..why do they go out 2 play then if he thinks they can't go out and get the target?

Plain and simple we have 2 move on but removing Siddons right now is a bad idea..We should be able 2 move on from the group stage so I'm not worried about that but Siddons isn't gonna move our cricket forward..time 2 change it up..

Having said this though, the most blame has to go to BCB what the hell are they doing? Firing media managers and what not? Also not even trying to improve our domestic level and age group cricket? What about Lotus talking about getting a CEO? We really have brainless fools in the BCB who hire mediocre coaches..what do we really expect from Sid? He was never a head coach and a low key assistant for Australia..why didn't we get a guy with some head coaching experience? Also I don't want to hear Whatmore being a good coach either..if he's such a good coach then why did nobody else want to hire the guy? BCB pretty much tries 2 save money by hiring these coaches rather then getting some good expensive coaches..this current BCB will not take us anywhere MMW..

Old June 21, 2010, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Changing the coach won't help one bit. I can assure you that. But as OP said a bowling coach will be real handy.
word! the problem lies within the bangali attitude, mindset, and inability to learn. the problem is in the culture n governance. as long as that stays the same...nothing will change..no matter who ur coach is.

miraz bro, no disrespect, do u have any experience playing cricket at a competitive level and see first hand wat the coache's role is? or do u just hire n fire?
Old June 21, 2010, 11:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Everyone understands him so well, when he blames. He is very loud, prompt and on time with these things. Never missed a timing. And that's why he is liked by many. This is something he is best at.

I wish he would atleast behave like a good coach, & do his job. Sorry I forgot, that he doesnt have that ability, coz he isn't a good coach.
Old June 22, 2010, 12:12 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

People are coming to a realization. I'd say 70% of members in this thread finally understood that JS is a retard. Other 30% are one themselves. Just get of JS's nuts already!!
Old June 22, 2010, 12:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

erm, batting is your department siddons, bowling maybe crap but you should still be improving the batting. i do believe the batting has improved, players are better and more consistent but they still don't work as a team to get the total they need to.

thing is he's saying it's the bowling but he also says imrul and junaid had no chance, so basically he's saying the whole team sucks and is a weakness other than tamim and maybe shakib and mash.

seriously please stop saying there isn't a tendulkar or sehwag or dilshan that we are leaving behind, we don't HAVE to have one of those to win, just some really good solid players. the talent pool really isn't that shallow, the problem is they're not developed not that they aren't there.

but imo since batting is his strong point he shouldn't be complaining saying the bowling was the problem then also go and say the batsmen aren't good enough. fair enough if he thinks the batsmen are good enough but the bowlers are behind the 8-ball. you can't say both batsmen and bowlers are poor but only blame the bowlers....
Old June 22, 2010, 02:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Accept the truth.
Old June 22, 2010, 03:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TIK47

Quote:
Changing the coach won't help one bit. I can assure you that. But as OP said a bowling coach will be real handy.
WRONG

Changing the coach will change the approach and mentality of how we play games. It may not change the results dramatically, however playing with a positive approach will give us more victories.

Sport is about being competitive and winning, if we disregard this then we are just insulting sportsmanship. Play the game to win or dont play at all. We may lose matches trying to win but truly we are losers to begin with if we don't have the will to win at all.

Last edited by alibangali; June 22, 2010 at 04:38 AM..
Old June 22, 2010, 04:30 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ to add to that, just think about WC07. Why do you think we did so well? Who actually thought that we could go through to Super 8, over SL or IND? Any neutral cricket fans wouldn't have thought of this. Chances were very little, odds were very low. But we did it. And then we did great in Super 8 as well. Why do you think we did all those things? It was the approach and mentality set by the coach in the dressing room. Siddons dont have a clue about that. And that coach was known for that. That's how he changed the SL cricket.

Just look at Zims now. If we play them now, we will clearly lose a series to them, because they are really high in self belief, and we aren't. Sports is all about spirit, pride, approach, body language. Just watch any sports movies and take a look at the coaches. 'Hoosiers' will be a great example.

"batting coach, batting coach" #$@! that! Just go home! He had no idea about our cricket when he 1st came, and he still doesn't after 4 years.
Old June 22, 2010, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
People are coming to a realization. I'd say 70% of members in this thread finally understood that JS is a retard. Other 30% are one themselves. Just get of JS's nuts already!!
i want to give you piece of my mind.i am a JS supporter and u don't know me at all and you are calling me a retard.who gave you the right to say so?u can hold on to your opinion but please learn to respect other people's opinions as well.just because you think you are right doesn't mean that other people cannot be right.you should go take an attitude makeover along with our players.and please stop passing your own verdicts on who's gay and who's a retard based on NOTHING,okay?

Last edited by lamisa; June 22, 2010 at 05:36 AM..
Old June 22, 2010, 05:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

his strategies & the way he leads the team as a coach is very questionable,he only believes on Tamim & I noticed 1 thing,TI & Siddons r always sitting together & talking as if the rest of the plyrs don't hv the right or scared or doesn't want to be anywhere near Siddons.
we can only afford to hv him as a batting coach,because of him our bowling became weaker,he doesn't care abt the bowling,it's all abt bttng for him.
Old June 22, 2010, 05:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
no need to resort to name calling n making vivid sexual innuendo.
Old June 22, 2010, 06:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
his strategies & the way he leads the team as a coach is very questionable,he only believes on Tamim & I noticed 1 thing,TI & Siddons r always sitting together & talking as if the rest of the plyrs don't hv the right or scared or doesn't want to be anywhere near Siddons.
we can only afford to hv him as a batting coach,because of him our bowling became weaker,he doesn't care abt the bowling,it's all abt bttng for him.
I think he sits next to Tamim because Tamim is the only one who can speak and understand perfect English, so the comfort level is there, also Tamim is his one diamond.
Old June 22, 2010, 06:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Forget Zunaed and Imrul, even Sachin and Sehwag would've failed to lead chasing 385+ against Pak. It's a well known fact, there's nothing wrong in saying it. You're being far too cynical.
first of all no top 8 team would of given such a huge lead and if they did only Austrailia would of pulled it off or come close to it.
Old June 22, 2010, 06:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

South Africa won chasing 434 against Australia.
Old June 22, 2010, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibangali
As a head coach to not have faith in your own players is a crime and he should be sacked.
We would have had less criticism if everyone was out for under 200 trying to chase the score.

We might as well stop playing now, our bowlers are crap and they will concede too much runs. Then our batsmen are incapable of chasing these runs so we might as well not waste publics money and time.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
ditto.
Please withdraw from all future tournament till we find 11 Tamim
Old June 22, 2010, 07:45 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by unda_bhai
miraz bro, no disrespect, do u have any experience playing cricket at a competitive level and see first hand wat the coache's role is? or do u just hire n fire?
For your kind information, I have played competitive cricket (league cricket) for at least 10 years. I know the game quite well and clearly understand the importance of mindset in competitive sports.
Old June 22, 2010, 07:48 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I think he sits next to Tamim because Tamim is the only one who can speak and understand perfect English, so the comfort level is there, also Tamim is his one diamond.
Not true at all.

Ash understands English fairly well, Jahurul Riyad, Mushfiq and Shakib are very good at English.
Old June 22, 2010, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Forget Zunaed and Imrul, even Sachin and Sehwag would've failed to lead chasing 385+ against Pak. It's a well known fact, there's nothing wrong in saying it. You're being far too cynical.
ditto
Old June 22, 2010, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I dont think anyone here should blame Siddons for the bowling, blame it on the cheapies BCB who do not want to hire a very good fast bowling coach. If they do not do this quickly, BD has no chance whatsoever in the WC 11. At one time their bowling was quite good, batting was the problem, now BD cricket is going downhill very quickly, the boys seem to have no energy, and the fighting spirit is gone. This is where I blame Siddons, very poor motivator.
Old June 22, 2010, 09:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I dont think anyone here should blame Siddons for the bowling, blame it on the cheapies BCB who do not want to hire a very good fast bowling coach. If they do not do this quickly, BD has no chance whatsoever in the WC 11. At one time their bowling was quite good, batting was the problem, now BD cricket is going downhill very quickly, the boys seem to have no energy, and the fighting spirit is gone. This is where I blame Siddons, very poor motivator.
Ya the bowling aspect isn't Siddons fault..BCB are just total idiots in not tackling this problem..here we have such talented fast bowlers in Shafiul and Rubel yet BCB gets Ramanayeke who didn't do much at all..BCB just doesn't care about our cricket and that's gonna hurt us big time..
Old June 22, 2010, 09:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Siddons puts way too much importance on batting alone, it should be half and half.
Old June 23, 2010, 01:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Ya the bowling aspect isn't Siddons fault..
Yes it is his fault. He destroyed the bowling alone. Rasel were dropped each time he has a bad game or two after coming from injury. He did nothing to keep Rafiq. When each and everyone in BC understand Mash is not a death over bowler he continued with it. These three has nothing to do with the SL guy. And I fail to find any strategy in bowling opposition. It is coach job to devise strategy and man in the green job is to implement. I fail to saw anything there
Old June 23, 2010, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody
Yes it is his fault. He destroyed the bowling alone. Rasel were dropped each time he has a bad game or two after coming from injury. He did nothing to keep Rafiq. When each and everyone in BC understand Mash is not a death over bowler he continued with it. These three has nothing to do with the SL guy. And I fail to find any strategy in bowling opposition. It is coach job to devise strategy and man in the green job is to implement. I fail to saw anything there
global warming was also siddons' fault.
Old June 23, 2010, 09:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

[quote=Gowza;1172620]

seriously please stop saying there isn't a tendulkar or sehwag or dilshan that we are leaving behind, we don't HAVE to have one of those to win, just some really good solid players. the talent pool really isn't that shallow, the problem is they're not developed not that they aren't there.
quote]

ditto..India doesn't have a great bowling line-up yet they keep winning..because as a team they function properly. Even Windies have pulled off a draw in the last test after South Africa hammering their bowling for two days. With Siddons' approach, the players would mentally just give up and lose after such a score;instead of trying to score a draw. Giving up so absolutely is pathetic. Even basic instincts should tell them to throw a few punches before they lost. If they scored 300 on this pitch, that would have been some consolation, but the target was 270, and even that they failed to do. 250 under such a target is like getting 150 under pressure.If Pakistan scored 250, we'd have got all out under 150 with this kind of effort.
Old June 23, 2010, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by unda_bhai
global warming was also siddons' fault.
with all the hot air he blows at the press conferences, it could very well be.

As HEAD COACH, deficiency in bowling is also his fault.