facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 25, 2015, 03:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Default Tearful Tamim apologises to nation: Dhaka Tribune

Quote:
Tearful Tamim apologises to nation

Bangladesh were under the cosh against Scotland following the first innings at Saxton Oval on March 5. And while chasing 319 for victory, the early departure of opener Soumya Sarkar hardly helped matters.

Fellow opener Tamim Iqbal, however, was still there. In what could have been a tricky chase soon turned into a gettable total, thanks largely to Tamim’s heroics. Tamim smashed 95 off 100 balls with the help of nine boundaries and a six as Bangladesh romped home with six wickets in hand. Tamim struck several delightful cover drives while some of his one-legged pulls and hooks brought back memories of the great West Indian batsman and former Bangladesh coach Gordon Greenidge.

However, that proved to be the only notable knock from Tamim in the ongoing World Cup. Overall, the swashbuckling southpaw totaled 154 runs from six matches at an average of 25 and apart from that match-winning knock against the Scots, Tamim’s other scores read 19, 0, 2, 13 and 25.

While some Bangladeshi fans praised his efforts, the others have been not so generous as cruel Tamim jokes and memes did the rounds in the social networks. Many even called into question Tamim’s commitment to the Bangladesh cause.

Having witnessed and heard all the criticism, Tamim was hurting, deeply.

“I am also a human being and it hurts when someone says bad things about your wife and parents. I think my family is not responsible for my poor performance,” said a teary-eyed Tamim during an exclusive interview with Dhaka Tribune in Melbourne yesterday.

“Honestly, I am very disappointed with my performance. I want to say sorry to my fans and all the Bangladeshi supporters. I have let them down. I wanted to do something good for my country in the World Cup,” Tamim said before quickly adding, “If I am unable to score runs, it is natural that my fans will critisise me and I accept that. But, sometimes I get to see that some of them attack me personally. A few of them said bad things to my family members.

“Honestly, I know how much the people of my country love me. I am aware that they support me through thick and thin. To be frank, I always try my best to return their love whenever I wear the Bangladesh jersey. However, sometimes I am not able to perform. Not only the people, those bad performances also hurt me from the bottom of my heart.”

Birthday boy Tamim, who turned 26 yesterday, went on to request his countrymen to back him so that he can continue to perform for the Tigers for a long time to come.
- See more at: http://www.dhakatribune.com/cricket/....nGH8cJyT.dpuf

Old March 25, 2015, 03:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Sure we will back Tamim, but will he back himself by working hard and getting into better shape?

If someone said bad things ( I don't know whatever it is) about his parents or wife that is classless.

Unfortunately people will make fun of his fitness issue as long as he himself doesn't take it seriously and address that by being a physically better fit player. Its really pathetic how he crumble after scoring 70+ runs; even commentators were noticing that.

Yes we will support you as long as you take your career more seriously.
Old March 25, 2015, 03:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Family is out of bounds. People don't have better things to do. Hopefully he works on his fitness and doesn't rely on reputation for being selected in the upcoming series.
Old March 25, 2015, 03:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

This is INTERNATIONAL CRICKET Tamim. My God, he was starting to develop feminine physical traits, now he is also starting to act like one. I am really getting convinced he doesn't need to be in the team.
Old March 25, 2015, 04:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

hahahahah Its ok to be emotional but take care of your fitness its the reason why he is under performing the amount of fat he generated in his body is not allowing him to move properly.
Only thing is His Uncle was Akram Khan so helped him to be part of the team for long time without form for long time now
I guess he does not have the enough stamina to pay longer version of the game
Old March 25, 2015, 04:12 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Agreed that people shouldn't bring his family into this. That's just classless and unacceptable.

But Tamim really needs to do something about his performance. We all have backed him enough and he has gotten more than enough chances to improve. So it's good that he realizes his mistakes and hopefully he will correct them to come back on form.
Old March 25, 2015, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Being star/celebrity/successful/famous it has some downsides, as these hate remarks can swing your way in life at times. Especially when your not performing well .

You should grow some skin, thicker! Buddy! There are classless uneducated mentally sickos who will say such things. You got to let it not get to you by ignoring them. Yes they shouldn't say these things, on social sites. But, they are who they are classless uneducated losers (those who abuse some ones family or spouse of a cricketer (or any one for that matter) when they don't perform well) - what can you do to stop them? -- tbh even performing big there will still be such bad certain few, but one thing for sure most will back you. So you need to worry about your performance and step up your game Tamim. You need to focus on your cricket and not act girly when some evil people say such bad things about you.

Last edited by Mas_UK25; March 25, 2015 at 10:59 PM..
Old March 25, 2015, 05:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Is this another thread where BC members will dissect Tamim's body ?

To Tamim,
Those fans who make fun of you and yr family are not your true fans , they don't see the human in you, they just want good performances from you so that they can feel proud to be Bangladeshi , yes it's a selfish world.
But at the same time try not to get so emotional and keep working hard.
Old March 25, 2015, 05:11 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I dont consider the peoples who diesses one's family human, but tamim has become such a drama queen now a days..grow up tamim..grow some balls..these people pays for your salary, for these people you get those dano commercials..rather then crying and bitching practice hard, get in shape and play
Old March 25, 2015, 05:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I agree a person's family should not be dragged into this. Some jerks were using the happy card against Rubel at the stadium. Lucky for us it didnt effect his performance.

No use being a cry baby. Try getting into shape and stop smoking!
Old March 25, 2015, 05:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

If you can't deal with it then it's best to withdraw from social media. There will ALWAYS be a few low-lifes talking ****. That's basically the internet.
Old March 25, 2015, 06:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

He is not giving an excuse. He did mention he is disappointed with his own performance. He said " I want to say sorry to my fans...I have let them down"

If he was looking for excuse then he wouldn't have said that.

Some popular fb pages did make fun and meme with his wife. Those got thousand of likes and shares too. So it's not just some unknown few who have done that.
Old March 25, 2015, 07:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Crying emotion family.. Just be a fitness freak and show to the world.. I think this is just an endemic trait which will never help BD ... Crying.. Stop crying and being emotional and just go to a dark corner of a dingy gym and show us that you care
Old March 25, 2015, 07:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

If you want to cry, then first play like De Villiers and then cry with Rubel (Morkel).
Old March 25, 2015, 07:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Not right to bring family into it and criticism to tamim should be constructive, nothing else.
Old March 25, 2015, 07:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Not right to bring family into it and criticism to tamim should be constructive, nothing else.
Agree, it is almost like bringing and mixing in politics, religion and all other non-related negative emotions which is a common phenomenon in every aspect of sub-continental culture. Of bad taste, it requires a paradigm shift in our regular thought process among en masse.
Old March 25, 2015, 07:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliIndia
Crying emotion family.. Just be a fitness freak and show to the world.. I think this is just an endemic trait which will never help BD ... Crying.. Stop crying and being emotional and just go to a dark corner of a dingy gym and show us that you care
Endemic trait among who?
Old March 25, 2015, 07:35 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Eta ki Tamim er arek ta eto tuku chawa?

Players of this generation should seriously talk to guys like Nannu, Bulbul, Atahar and learn how they dealt with public abuse. Not saying that talking crap about someone's family is good, but you need to have a harder epidermis sometimes and learn to ignore. Players of the past generation did just that.
Old March 25, 2015, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

I am disgusted by some of the comments posted on this thread. Honestly, is BC occupied by 7 year olds now a days?

Rebuke Tamim all you want. But his family must be off limits. If my employers abused my family, I'd kick his ***, consequences be damned.

And to those people who thinks crying is weak: Try admitting your faults and be upfront about your roles in your own failures (of which, I'm sure there are many). If you have the courage to do so, you'll welcome the relief of tears.
Old March 25, 2015, 08:02 PM
Test Cricketer

If you're in the lime light people will praise you, throw under the bus and will say anything. Grow some balls and learn to ignore. You can't stop fans from saying bad stuff. Be professional and perform and move on.
Old March 25, 2015, 08:30 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Endemic trait among who?
guess..?
Old March 25, 2015, 10:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Tamim is an idiot.

He bats like an idiot, now drops catches like an idiot, talks like an idiot, behaves like an idiot, smokes like an idiot, out of shape like an idiot, lets everyone down like an idiot and promises "wanted to do "SOMETHING" good" like an idiot.

He abused fans, fellow cricketers (Ashrafu) and talks crap about opposition and fellow countrymen. I would say he is a "class"less, brainless, chestless, selfish git now CRYING like an idiot. Now, he takes EVERYONE for an idiot?!

KARMA! Surprise!
Old March 25, 2015, 10:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time only because this campaign was successful. Ultimately how many lb's he loses over the next few months will prove how contrite he truly is.
Old March 25, 2015, 10:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

People should refrain from attacking Player's family members, even attacking the player i think is pushing it.
Old March 25, 2015, 10:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Take away that 95 he scored against the SCOTS and see his contribution! He should be dropped!