facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 6, 2009, 04:11 AM
Street Cricketer

I wonder what the outcome will be?

I'd like to see Bangladesh play in the Asia Cup as it is a very prestigous tournament and it is always good to go head to head against other Asian Nations like India, Sri Lanka and others. But I am really looking forward to our tour against England..

Old October 6, 2009, 04:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

if i had to choose between asia cup and Eng tour, i would pick england tour. but that is my personal opinion. Playing in england has uncountable positives. Our players will learn a lot, a couple of good days and our boys will be on the front page of english tabloids, and to be honest, this is probably the opportunity for SAH and a couple of others to grab a proper county contract.
on the other hand, asia cup is very important too, playing against india/sl/pak. but why should we be the one making sacrifices all the time? dates are always altered when ind/pak has issues. its about time we grow a backbone and demand the date of asia cup to be changed. if that doesnt happen, we should stick to the FTP and let them have their asia cup
Old October 6, 2009, 05:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I was just wondering, are'nt any other Asian Associates playing? Last time it was Hong Kong and UAE, now Afghanistan is an Associate, surely, the ACC should give some xposure to these countries, or will there be a competition to see which 2 Associates qualify?
Old October 6, 2009, 06:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

My preference will be England tour. We rarely play test matches, so we should not wast our opportunity to play test in england. But we prefer Asia cup over playing Odi in england.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 6, 2009, 07:20 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbubH
if one of the team cannot play how can it be a Asia cup? would ACC go ahead if one of the three can not participate? it will just be a tri-series.
It happened before...
In 1986, India did not participate.
In 1990, Pakistan did not participate.
Old October 6, 2009, 07:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
মহাদেশীয় ক্রিকেট বডির সাথে কূটনৈতিক তৎপরতায় ব্যর্থতা, আন্তঃবোর্ড কূটনৈতিক তৎপরতায় ব্যর্থতা, প্রতিবেশী বোর্ডের শীর্ষব্যক্তির সাথে বচসা, পারস্পরিক কলহে কাদা ছোড়া-ছুড়ি, খেলোয়ারদের সাথে যোগাযোগহীনতা মাশা'আল্লাহ বোর্ডের কর্মতৎপরতা বেশ ভালোই চলছে!

লোটাস সাহেব শীর্ষ ব্যক্তি হিসেবে কি ফুল ফোটায় দেখার অপেক্ষায়। ক্রিকেটের কাজী সালাউদ্দীনের ভূমিকায় কি দেখা যাবে তাকে?
Lotus is there to ensure BAL party dominance over BCB, but Mahbubul Anam is still the one deals with other boards.
Old October 6, 2009, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

i hope they can sort it out..i wanna see us playin both...if not... well..england it is..

n y is it tht there is always a series or somethin or the other goin on durin my xams..i hate this....
Old October 6, 2009, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I was just wondering, are'nt any other Asian Associates playing? Last time it was Hong Kong and UAE, now Afghanistan is an Associate, surely, the ACC should give some xposure to these countries, or will there be a competition to see which 2 Associates qualify?
Afghanistan actually has ODI status now. It would be a shame not to include them.
Old October 6, 2009, 03:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak

n y is it tht there is always a series or somethin or the other goin on durin my xams..i hate this....
Exactly!! I advice you to stop studing all together. Afterall Bill Gates, "Karoon" don't/didn't have a college degree. Going religious nor did Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), the Khaliphs etc.

You would be able to enjoy any match and every match any where around the world.
Old October 6, 2009, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Exactly!! I advice you to stop studing all together. Afterall Bill Gates, "Karoon" don't/didn't have a college degree. Going religious nor did Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), the Khaliphs etc.

You would be able to enjoy any match and every match any where around the world.
On the other hand, if he stops studying he won't have any exams and no exams for him could mean no cricket for us.....so please keep on studying for cricket's sake.
Old October 6, 2009, 03:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Double trip... double milage... double shopping...double tournament....double the pleasure .I love it... the players love it...the managers and executives love it....even their better-half/sweet-hearts would love it.

But there is only one problem. 2 luggage per person. Unless ofcourse they make a quick trip back home in between.
Old October 6, 2009, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
This is how players get Injured ... going 5000 Miles one way and than going 6500 miles the other way and than 6500 again and 5000 miles for the return trip.

players will get sick from getting there bodies adjusted to the drastic change in climate.
Since no venue has been set, why not select Eng as the possible location......go Ashraful the admin.
Old October 6, 2009, 03:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Zwingers are flying all around here...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 6, 2009, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
This is how players get Injured ... going 5000 Miles one way and than going 6500 miles the other way and than 6500 again and 5000 miles for the return trip.

players will get sick from getting there bodies adjusted to the drastic change in climate.
the human body is stronger than that. traveling such long distances by plane all you have to worry about really is deep vein thrombi, malaria/dengue/swine flu/bird flu, etc.

players get injured from playing too much cricket, and BD doesn't qualifying with our dinky 2 test and 3 ODI series.

the only problem is jet lag, a few possible colds and minor sniffles, and potentially shambolic performances (see Zim A match). but i am willing to take that risk to watch more of my team play! after all, no other team gets as many 6 month vacations as we do.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 6, 2009, 04:49 PM
Cricket Guru

For the ones still confused about the venue of the next Asia Cup - Malaysia has been selected to host it.
Old October 7, 2009, 04:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
For the ones still confused about the venue of the next Asia Cup - Malaysia has been selected to host it.
So we are loosing it.
Old October 7, 2009, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

I wish they could scrap the Asia cup altogether, it is an absolute farce with no interest generated unless you are from the sub continent. They could maybe improve it by just making it 20/20 format to revive the interest.

I hope Bangladesh cricket board pulls out of this tournament and let the players and staff solely concentrate on the England tour as more exposure to the English conditions in spring the better..Therefore it is imperative they do not even miss the OD practice games just for some small tournament which is always gonna be dominated by Indo-SL-pak
Old October 7, 2009, 04:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
They could maybe improve it by just making it 20/20 format to revive the interest.
I think thats good idea to promote cricket. Let there be a qualification tournament between AFG, HONG KONG, MALAYSIA, UAE etc. and finish in the finals with 8 teams including BD, IND, PAK and SL. With T20 you can have 3 matches per day and have teams play back to back so it should be quick.

I would even encourage Africa to do the same so countries like ZIM, KEN, Uganda etc. can benefit with SA being involved in the final mix with two invitational slots to be rotated between WI, ENG, AUS and NZ.
Old October 8, 2009, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
I wish they could scrap the Asia cup altogether, it is an absolute farce with no interest generated unless you are from the sub continent. They could maybe improve it by just making it 20/20 format to revive the interest.
Oh god, I hate any T-20, other than World cup or IPL, everything else is just crap.
Old October 8, 2009, 09:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I wish they could scrap the Asia cup altogether, it is an absolute farce with no interest generated unless you are from the sub continent.
what kind of non sense idea is this. true cricket lover watch cricket because its cricket, not necessarily because who's playing, or where they are playing. if they go by this logic, they might as cancel the Ashes, cause its only a big deal in Australia and England.
Old October 8, 2009, 09:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
what kind of non sense idea is this. true cricket lover watch cricket because its cricket, not necessarily because who's playing, or where they are playing. if they go by this logic, they might as cancel the Ashes, cause its only a big deal in Australia and England.
Sri Lanka/Pakistan/India/Bangladesh play each other all the time, it's over kill.

We Played Pak 7 ODI's in the past 12 months, 5 in Pak, 1 in Asia Cup 08 and 1 Kitply Cup. They still have to come here for 5 More ODI's

We Played India Twice, Kitply Cup and Asia Cup but we've had a full series in 07 and We play them Again in Kitply Cup Part 2 and another 2 Tests in Jan

I've had enough of playing Sri Lanka, must have played them 20 times in the past 24 months.
Old October 8, 2009, 10:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Seeing how the majority of the world's population that watches cricket is from the sub-continent that hardly seems like a problem to me.

in fact what the Asia Cup should be is a great opportunity for the South Asians to battle it out to be the best, and some of the associate Asian teams e.g. Afghanistan to have a go at the big boys. the Asia CUp needs to continue to be as it is instead of another farcical 20/20 championship

as to us not being able to participate - this is another of the PCB's attempt at trying to push us aside - we clearly have a one month gap to go to the AC and come back to England...

the PCB is behaving like a bunch of bast*rds; the same happened w/ the claim to try to host the World T20.
Old October 8, 2009, 10:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Sri Lanka/Pakistan/India/Bangladesh play each other all the time, it's over kill.

We Played Pak 7 ODI's in the past 12 months, 5 in Pak, 1 in Asia Cup 08 and 1 Kitply Cup. They still have to come here for 5 More ODI's

We Played India Twice, Kitply Cup and Asia Cup but we've had a full series in 07 and We play them Again in Kitply Cup Part 2 and another 2 Tests in Jan

I've had enough of playing Sri Lanka, must have played them 20 times in the past 24 months.
up until we start beating these three teams i think we need to keep on playing them; u say we play them too much as if they were teams like Zim - where we play them and win most of what we play.
Old October 8, 2009, 11:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

we don't play them enough. the last time Pak toured BD was 2002...SL we play often enough, india we have never even toured!

of course we should play more against WI, NZ, ENG, and SA of whom only NZ of late we've been playing regularily.

asia cup is not overkill. its an important and exciting tourney, IMO.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 8, 2009, 12:41 PM
Cricket Sage

cricman bhai its not about we they them so many times, and they play each other so many times. this is the Asia cup. who ever wins this tournament gets the bragging right of being the best team in the continent for the rest of the year. and that's quite a big deal