facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 1, 2007, 02:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i think the ball swings less at a higher pace...which is prolly why rasel gets the amount of movement he does. of course there is other components cuz mash can swing it, whereas tapash cant.

reverse swing requires higher pace...AFAIK

does anyone know more about the relationship between pace and traditional swing??
1. higher pace is a weapon itself (90+) no need of any type of swing. but if someone can muster that then he takes 7 Aussie test wickets giving away one run (Ambrose).

2. lower pace with swing is another deadly technic of getting wickets. Wasim and Sir Hadlee were the masters.

3. reverse swing does not require higher pace. They need to learn the technic and be able to apply on the field (practice).

4. finding optimal run-up, tweaking the bowling action, strengthening legs can make a bowler increase his speed. I think Andy Robert's first form of duty was to make sure our boys have strong legs. Talha was one of the boys who got benefit from his coaching. Rasel can increase speed by going in to the gym and doing proper excersize and having a good diet.

5. saddle up!! make sure you have enough time. May be for a med student a year time.

The Mechanics of Bowling
Greg Chappell and Ian Frazer
post # 13.

Making the ball talk
S. Dinakar
post #14.

The Mental Game of Cricket (bowling section)
by Rob Robson
post #23.

The Run-up
Bob Woolmer
03 Sep 2004
post #25.

Physio's fear for fast bowlers
By Martin Gough
post #31.

The Magnus Effect
Or "Why do cricket balls swing and curve balls curve?"
post #43.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=10420

The other posts explain the art/technic of batting, fielding, catching, captaining, wicketkeeping, coaching etc. If this could have been compiled as a book I think the whole cricket world would be benefited.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; February 2, 2007 at 12:02 PM..

Old February 1, 2007, 02:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Welcome Polish Express to BC.
May be the above link will help you to get to higher grounds (80+mph). Good luck!!
Old February 1, 2007, 03:56 PM
Cricket Sage

The only thing Rasel needs to do to outclass others is:

...to buy khati sorishar tel and add some corpur and apply it to Mr. Faruk and Mr. Dav. I heard its very cold this winter in Bangladesh.
Old February 1, 2007, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1. higher pace is a weapon itself (90+) no need of any type of swing. but if someone can muster that then he takes 7 Aussie test wickets giving away one run (Ambrose).
My friend Ambrose just didnt bowl fast, he had a lot of control over the bowl too. i think u missed this very important part, or maybe i just didnt read your post carefully.
Old February 1, 2007, 04:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
The only thing Rasel needs to do to outclass others is:

...to buy khati sorishar tel and add some corpur and apply it to Mr. Faruk and Mr. Dav. I heard its very cold this winter in Bangladesh.
eta kintu ar cholbe na. karon bangladesh theke kintu akhon shokol prokar durniti ebong peshi shoktike chirotore biday janano hochhe.
Old February 2, 2007, 05:19 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Welcome to BC Polish Express. So I guess you play cricket in England. Is it any serious game (since you have clocked your speed) or just armature stuff? Yeah its pretty fast for an 18 year to bowl constantly in that speed. good going but why PolishExpress though?
cheers!! its amatuer stuff reli, i got clocked when i went to some nets and they had a speedmoniter, and i think the fastest was 76mph but that was a beamer lol such a shame that 2 of my freinds r faster than me!!! why polish express? well, ive got some polish blood and im just waiting for them to get a side :p
Old February 2, 2007, 12:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
My friend Ambrose just didnt bowl fast, he had a lot of control over the bowl too. i think u missed this very important part, or maybe i just didnt read your post carefully.
My Bad!! Should have explained a little better and not trying to be too cute. Yes! Amborse had pace, height, swing and that made him one of the greats!!