facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Will this Team Rule Work
No The Current Top 3 aren't good enough to play Ariel 4 7.84%
No The Middle Order are gonna break the Team Rules 8 15.69%
Both Option 1 & 2 12 23.53%
The Plan is Brilliant! 27 52.94%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
I loved this rule. And now I just got the answer to one of the questions that were floating around in my head since that last ireland match. I noticed that Ash especially was letting go of every single ball outside the offstump. Now that is NOT the Ash we all know. But wow, I was loving it, becasue it stopped the chances of him being caught behind playing rash shots, and taht is one of the most common forms of an "ash dismissal".
Hopefully this plan will guide them.
I did however wish that Junaid would somehow be in this set-up. I really like how the kid plays. And I personally dont even find a reason for him to be out of the team. He was playing good, and his game was not down for a long time... he didnt even have a long time, and infact the time that he did play, he played quite well I would have to say.
This means you live in Canada and was able to watch the match, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee siopcast ittttt

Old March 19, 2008, 06:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
well thats a pretty good decision,but what if our middle order is in a position to slog ?
In 15 overs? I think they can wait a few more overs before they start that...
Old March 19, 2008, 06:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

foozy how were you able to watch the match
Old March 19, 2008, 07:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
In 15 overs? I think they can wait a few more overs before they start that...
No,I mean what if Bangladesh needs 12 runs per over and the first 3 batsmen are out,what will they do then?
Old March 19, 2008, 07:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Bangladesh
foozy how were you able to watch the match
The answer is simple. I wasnt
I only followed it in cricinfo just like most people here. Hope someone feels generous enough for the next match.
Old March 19, 2008, 07:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo
No,I mean what if Bangladesh needs 12 runs per over and the first 3 batsmen are out,what will they do then?
12 runs needed per over from the start of the match?
That match is already lost from bd perspective
But ya... just hope that day never comes!

...but being more realistic about a situation... ash and aftab zindabaad. When they are out...
....naa... just hope that day never comes!... ill stick with that...
Old March 19, 2008, 07:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

from your post I thought you saw the match, hoping to find someone with stream thats all.
Old March 19, 2008, 07:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

The problem with Bd batsman is that they lack common sense. Wouldn't it make more sense if openers or top 4 decide what score will win them the game if we are batting first? Need to learn to think on our own. Coach, selectors, experts can't help the batters during the game. Our batsmen are all jokers.
Old March 19, 2008, 07:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Bangladesh
from your post I thought you saw the match, hoping to find someone with stream thats all.
I whole heartedly hope that u find ur man!... for all of our sakes...
... i sound like were all about to die
Old March 19, 2008, 07:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

hope this new rule will work
Old March 20, 2008, 06:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

good plan lets see ei 'bachara' pura apply korte pare naki against Pakistan
Old March 20, 2008, 09:00 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

It is a very Basic plan and the right step forward. Childish? Yes. But it has the potential to get our boys to practice some common sense and get into the mindset of following some rules when they are out there. I think there's more to the rule then has been presented in the media.

Those who have seen the match. What happened to our middle order there ? We wree in a position to score 260-280 easy. Instead, we saw an ugly collapse. Maybe Siddons needs to come up with a new rule for the last 10 overs.

Our team always hid behind experience as an excuse when it was simply their failure to learn from whatever experience they were getting. This augers well as JS is atleast thinking in the right direction. He is not too busy planning a great escape (looking for the next coaching gig) unlike his great predecessor. Kudos to him.
Old March 20, 2008, 09:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Spot on posts from Spitty, Gowza and Tehsin.

That said, it'd be nice to see our players find the right balance between their natural arial strokeplay and more compact and sensible batting along the ground in the V. The plan will continue to help as it has been already.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 20, 2008 at 01:07 PM..
Old March 20, 2008, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

similar rule won SL a world cup with jaya slogging his heart out in first 15 overs.

not a bad idea. but will the rule be flexible enough to change with changing personal and game situations?

are our batsmen smart enough to make a smooth transition (even within games)? i know they have the ability but do they have the brains?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 20, 2008, 09:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Worked like a charm in the first 2 ODIs.
Old March 20, 2008, 09:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
similar rule won SL a world cup with jaya slogging his heart out in first 15 overs.

not a bad idea. but will the rule be flexible enough to change with changing personal and game situations?

are our batsmen smart enough to make a smooth transition (even within games)? i know they have the ability but do they have the brains?
We have yet to find our own Sana, Kalu, Aravinda or Ranatunga IMHO, save a few rare glimpses here and there. So I think the current plan is quite sound.

The positive changes in all of our batsmen are becoming increasingly visible. Abir's defense is more compact than ever, and Tamim, Aftab and Zunaed's temperament has come a long way. Thanks to Mr. J, maybe even Ash has tunerd the proverbial corner, FINALLY !

Finding the right balance is the key once that foundation is solid enough, and that'll take some time. But once you're in two minds, like Ash, Zunaed and Dhiman had been before the Ireland series, you won't look good initially.

PS: Ash's soft dismissal was the only half-baked shot he played today.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 20, 2008, 01:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Tamim is given the license to kill, but so far he is refusing to use it - is not that breaking the team rule ?
Old March 20, 2008, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I saw a change in Tamim's batting. until he try d same shoot too many.
Old March 20, 2008, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Tamim is given the license to kill, but so far he is refusing to use it - is not that breaking the team rule ?
You have the licence of driving doesn't mean if you don't drive then you are breaking the rule. So IMO Tamim is not guilty of breaking the team rules.
Old March 20, 2008, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Okay, I understand the rules. Now here are my questions (rather, test cases to find the software bug):

1. Playing over the top makes sense with field restriction...on those rare cases when our opening pair does stick beyond the 15 over limit, do they still apply the first 3 players playing over the top rule?

2. What happens if we lose all 3 top order batsmen, and it's still under 10 overs in the game? Well...the rule makes sense here (I guess).

3. When our the players have settled down, what happens? They still play over the top? Or try to find gaps?

4. What happens when the team composition changes...and the coach reorders the batting lineup. Can the players playing on top adjust to rule for 4th to 11th spot, while the player on 5th spot adjust to rule for 1st to 3rd batsman?
Old March 20, 2008, 02:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Kabir bhai,

Read the article from Shamokal. It has more details.

Shamokal
Old March 20, 2008, 02:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
4. What happens when the team composition changes...and the coach reorders the batting lineup. Can the players playing on top adjust to rule for 4th to 11th spot, while the player on 5th spot adjust to rule for 1st to 3rd batsman?
No change in batting order. Stick with your batting position. Thats kinda good actually
Old March 20, 2008, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I think Siddons is intelligent enough to know when to change that strategy when the different situations occur.

I really like this plan to be honnest. And if Ash comes at no.4, which I don't mind at all, he will be forced to play sensible cricket and rotate the strike. As we know, he's got the talents, and the first 2 innings of this series, he's shown that you don't have to go for slogs to make runs. Both of his innings were well paced and resposible.

Hopefully this plan can change the immature mindset of our players and that the team together can turn the proverbial corner.

I would like Siddons to implement another sort of team rule for the Test matches as well, and if our follow those well planned rules, I see success for Bangladesh in the near future .
Old March 20, 2008, 04:16 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

IN JS's rulebook, does he see Zunaed, Tamim, and Abir all making the final eleven ? It's painful to see any of them sit out because supposedly, we can only play two openers in a match. With those three on top, and Ash and Aftab to follow, we should have a pretty good lineup but one that will force a change in the rule. I still see Aftab as a number 6, could change the complexion of the game with some late slogs (if he can hold on to his wicket).
Old March 20, 2008, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I see Juniad as Such a Strong Big guy that he could bat at #6 like our Bangladeshi Symonds. I'd like our Top 6 to look like this

Tamim
SN
Aftab
Ashraful
Sakib
Juniad
Raqibul/Farhad
Wicketkeeper (Dhiman/Rahim)
Mashrafe
Rasel
Razzak