facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 24, 2004, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Test predictions

look at our famous batting..

i guess batsmen need to go back
to nursery and learn batting

Old May 24, 2004, 04:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

If I had to guess, I'd say one loss and one rain affected draw. The BD bats have been mostly silent thus far. The bowling, is one quality pacer short of being penetrative. I hope to see Dickens play in a test, he's earned it.
Old May 24, 2004, 04:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

My predictions,

the WI pacers will play the biggest role, especially Tino (will pick up some 5'ers).

BD will show some good 'individual' perfomances (eg. Basher/rana), but rest of team will let that person down.

Series end, WI 1-0 BD

but lets wait and see.
Old May 24, 2004, 05:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Default West Indies test

Banglos play 2 quicks and 3 spinners and bat first.

They losr 2 wickets in the first session, and in a series of small partnerships, aided by Bashar and Sarkers 50s (and a prominent contribution by Extras from wayward, wasteful bowling), Bangladesh get to 290 or so.

The West Indies score about 400, with Lara getting out in the 80s to a soft catch. One of the other Windies batsmen get a ton.

Bangladesh do a little better in their second dig, with the batsmen reacting better to the pitch than on the first day. Banglos are all out for 330, leaving the West Indies with 220 to get, and 2 days to do it in. Bashar gets a sparkling hundred.

The Tigers quicks bowl their hearts out, dimissing an opener cheap, and then the West Indies oscillate between trying to survive forever and trying to win the game in a session. They are frustrated by accurate off-spin by the trio of Bangladesh slow left armers, and a quiet pitch starts playing tricks in the minds of the West Indies.

Both teams have to fight memories of tight games lost, but this one does not go the way of Multan, and the West Indies are all out for 205.
Old May 24, 2004, 06:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Welcome to the board IanW!

I seriously doubt BD can make 290 in the first innings, I would be happy if they can bat slowly and at least for an entire day. But looking at the dismal performance in the practice match it looks as though it's not gonna happen.

My prediction is that, once again our batsmen are going to let us down.
Old May 24, 2004, 06:23 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by IanW

They losr 2 wickets in the first session, and in a series of small partnerships, aided by Bashar and Sarkers 50s (and a prominent contribution by Extras from wayward, wasteful bowling), Bangladesh get to 290 or so.

The West Indies score about 400, with Lara getting out in the 80s to a soft catch. One of the other Windies batsmen get a ton.

Bangladesh do a little better in their second dig, with the batsmen reacting better to the pitch than on the first day. Banglos are all out for 330, leaving the West Indies with 220 to get, and 2 days to do it in. Bashar gets a sparkling hundred.

The Tigers quicks bowl their hearts out, dimissing an opener cheap, and then the West Indies oscillate between trying to survive forever and trying to win the game in a session. They are frustrated by accurate off-spin by the trio of Bangladesh slow left armers, and a quiet pitch starts playing tricks in the minds of the West Indies.

Both teams have to fight memories of tight games lost, but this one does not go the way of Multan, and the West Indies are all out for 205.
Wow! Quite vivid description. I hope atleast some parts of it can come ture
Old May 24, 2004, 06:25 PM
Test Cricketer

1-0, BD win.
Old May 24, 2004, 06:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Pass da datchi

posted on 24-5-2004 at 03:25 PM

1-0, BD win.

No offense, I'd love get my hands on some of the stuff you're smoking.
Old May 24, 2004, 07:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Only two predictions..a century by a Bd bastmen who is not Bashar; and Lara will flop in both tests. I have a feeling Lara's wicket will be taken by non-regular bowlers.
Old May 24, 2004, 09:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

if there's no rain, WI will win 2-0

Even though I feel we've become near equal to Zimbabwe (full strength Zimbabwe, that is), we're still a little behind WI

We have room for improvement in many areas, for instance - two decent pacers playing at the same time, holding on to a few more catches, being able to slog when necessary, and most importantly, making good tactical decisions, such as knowing when not to let Rajin bowl, or when to let Rafique bat ahead of Rana or Mushfiq
Old May 24, 2004, 09:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by paco

Even though I feel we've become near equal to Zimbabwe (full strength Zimbabwe, that is)
No way! They just thrashed us in Zimbabwe (I'm talking of test matches)!
Old May 24, 2004, 09:55 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Even though I feel we've become near equal to Zimbabwe (full strength Zimbabwe, that is),
We are on our way to get there, but just not there, yet.

May be after 3 or 4 ODI wins against different opponents by the end of this year, will help to change my mind about being there, or not.

Another proof of getting near to a full-strength Zimbabwe team - score 250s against any opposition on any pitch in 50 over games (not just only against a full-strength Zimbabwe).
Old May 25, 2004, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Pace wrote

"two decent pacers playing at the same time"

Look, you've got one in Mushrafe, and stats-wise, Baisya isnt that much different from a number of young fast-medium bowlers. There is also the story about the kid you ran in the under-19s ... Shahadat. Has anyone seen him ? How fast is he, really ?

New Zealand battled along for many years with only Richard Hadlee, and how many years has it been since England had someone great ?

Bangladesh's bowling is OK. Not great, but OK. It's their batting that needs to get better ; if they can consistently get scores of 600+ in both innings, they'll win test matches anywhere ; 520 is probably enough at home.
Old May 25, 2004, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Default pass the dutchie...

...'pon de left hand side

lots of left arm spin and goat curry and hits off the dutchie before the game will lead to following results:

WI 1-0. A draw will get Bangladesh some brownie points.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by rafiq]
Old May 25, 2004, 12:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

BD Win 1
Draw 1

Doubters lock yourselves.
Old May 25, 2004, 12:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bashar 150, 89
Ash 120, 79
Golla 49, 63
Old May 25, 2004, 12:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Whatmore should be agree with me.
This is my Team:

1)Hannan Sarkar(BD best test openar)

2)Javed Omar(He can servibe long time in the creez; forget about Practice match)

3)Habibul Bashar(O he is our Captain)

4)Faisal Hossain(Must playing; Lefty, play pace well)

5)Razin Saleh(I hope he will do better)

6)Ashraful(In better touch; Good possition for him)

7)Manjarul Islam Rana(He is informed BD player I ever seen; Bowling & Batting)

8)Khaled Mashud Pilot(We don't have any other way; also he a good batsman)

9)Mohammad Rafique(He is the best test bowler for Bangladesh)

10)Mushfiq-Ur-Rahman///Enamul Huq Jr. It's depend on the pitch(I prefered Mushfiq for some large batting line and also we need 2 pace bowler in our bowling lineup)

11)Taposh Baishwa(Informed pace bowler)

Line up I think for Bangladesh
Old May 25, 2004, 01:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sage
BD Win 1
Draw 1

Doubters lock yourselves.
May your dream comes true.
Old May 25, 2004, 04:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

i hope we win one, but i doubt we will, it all depends on how our batters perform, if they dont, we will lose both tests.
Old May 28, 2004, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by IanW

Hmm, so three quicks and two spinners, but the Banglos still bad first. West Indies continue their tradition of wayward, wasteful fast bowling (34 overs from the part-timers ... is that Lara's vote of confidence in his alleged four pronged pace attack, or what ?)

OK, so I had the sparkling hundred by Bashar in the second innings, and it was Ashraful rather than Sarker who got 50+. Rather than a series of small partnerships, Omar and Bashar had a century stand for the second wicket (with only one wicket in the first session).

I'll stick to my prediction.

Bangladesh to win late on day 4.

Ian Whitchurch