facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 6, 2012, 04:27 AM
Administrator

Showing dissention at umpire's decision will get you the math referees hammer. Now to be sent home - he must have done something really egregious.

Old August 6, 2012, 04:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

There is defo something more than just showing dissent to an umpire...and we should reserve judgement until we know all the facts.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 6, 2012, 05:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Mone hochche roja romjan er mashe mofees er khida ektu beshi lege giyechilo.
Roja makhru kore coach keu mone hoe dui charta kotha shuniye diyeche.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 6, 2012, 12:38 PM
BC Editorial Team

Dude, don't mess with the head coach ....
Old August 7, 2012, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

The guys still 26 and i believe he still has lot left in him. Even with his slump he still averages over 30 in ODI. Quite rare for a Bangladeshi batsmen. Theres something wrong with him which he needs to figure out, mindset, technique, confidence and so on.

This is where McIness should be utilized. The academy should not only be for emerging players, but also work with guys like Nafees who are struggling on the fringes.
Old August 7, 2012, 03:52 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The full extent of the offence would probably not be known to us but there definitely has to be more to this story than showing dissent at the umpire. If the offense was so grave then why was he let off with a warning from match referee?
Old August 7, 2012, 04:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
The guys still 26 and i believe he still has lot left in him. Even with his slump he still averages over 30 in ODI. Quite rare for a Bangladeshi batsmen. Theres something wrong with him which he needs to figure out, mindset, technique, confidence and so on.

This is where McIness should be utilized. The academy should not only be for emerging players, but also work with guys like Nafees who are struggling on the fringes.
Do you believe he is 26 as of today ?
Old August 7, 2012, 04:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Do you believe he is 26 as of today ?
He ages in Mfees years bro. You need to read the "official" number from right to left and then divide by 2 this year (62/2).
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 7, 2012, 05:36 AM
MLC World Series I

I really hope we don't get to see SN in the squad unless he does really well in the domestic. Since his comeback the only two innings that I can think of is 98 in Tests and 75 odd in the NZ banglawash series.

I think it's because of his beard and short hair
Old August 7, 2012, 06:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
I really hope we don't get to see SN in the squad unless he does really well in the domestic. Since his comeback the only two innings that I can think of is 98 in Tests and 75 odd in the NZ banglawash series.

I think it's because of his beard and short hair
Its because he has been crap recently. However, the others are as crap as mofees Naeem, rokibul, shahriar nafees, all are test batsman yet they make Indian trundlers look like McGrath
Old September 11, 2012, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Ok...Here is the Update

Nafees is back for A team.

Shahriar Nafees is set to return to the Bangladesh A team for the four-day match against the West Indies' High Performance Centre side from September 22, after the Bangladesh Cricket Board's disciplinary committee lifted restrictions on his selection. The left-hand opener was sent home last month before the third and final four-day match in the Shafi Darashah competition in Bangalore after his reaction to an umpiring decision during the A team's second match.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...P=outlook_news
Old September 11, 2012, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

This is good S N will be back. But his performance with the bat is really poor. Despite having lot of chances he never proved his worth.
Old September 11, 2012, 11:58 AM

BCB and it's officials! Dhaliwood pail !!

Now, my question: Why was Nafees sent home at the first place? The decision was a shameful one for our cricket and country. I want disciplinary action against coach and team officials as Nafees is clear from wrong-doing.
Old September 11, 2012, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

^^ I agree... get nanu and the coach...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 12, 2012, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

From BCB Media:

Quote:
Disciplinary Committee cautions Shahriar Nafees

Batsman Shahriar Nafees Ahmed appeared at a hearing of the Bangladesh Cricket Board’s Disciplinary Committee today (Wednesday). Nafees was summoned to explain his behavior during the recent tour of the Bangladesh A Team to India where he was captain of the side before being sent home on grounds the team management deemed as a ‘breach of discipline’.

The Disciplinary Committee also spoke to members of the A Team Management and the BCB Observer on Tour and based on the official reports and eyewitness accounts the player was found to be in violation of team rules and discipline.

“We are convinced that the A Team Management had no other option but to send the player home from India as his conduct in certain cases on and off the field were a clear case of disciplinary breach. The Team Management decision was necessary to uphold the image of the BCB and Bangladesh cricket.

“Nafees has accepted the charges against him. He has been strictly cautioned. The Committee has recommended to the Board that his conduct and behavior be observed for six months from the time of the A Team Tour of India and that he should be automatically suspended if he commits the same breach. In such a case he may be fined depending on the gravity of the misconduct,” said Disciplinary Committee Chairman Sirajuddin Md. Alamgir.

Old September 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

SN is a lost cause. I don't see him any place for him in T20 and ODI. He had a chance to prove himself in longer version in India tour. But he failed terribly on that one as well.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
SN is a lost cause. I don't see him any place for him in T20 and ODI. He had a chance to prove himself in longer version in India tour. But he failed terribly on that one as well.
I disagree. Sure SN hasn't been doing very well as of late but due to the lack of quality top order batsmen, he'll be in the fringes. Do you see the likes of Imrul, Junaid, Nazimuddin and Shamsur lighting the world up with runs? They're also struggling very much. And out of the U19 guys, only Anamul looks ready. So we can't rule SN out yet. We have to understand that he's a very experienced batsman in international cricket and has made big scores at this level. That being said though, he has to prove himself at the domestic and A team level before he thinks about the national team again.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I disagree. Sure SN hasn't been doing very well as of late but due to the lack of quality top order batsmen, he'll be in the fringes. Do you see the likes of Imrul, Junaid, Nazimuddin and Shamsur lighting the world up with runs? They're also struggling very much. And out of the U19 guys, only Anamul looks ready. So we can't rule SN out yet. We have to understand that he's a very experienced batsman in international cricket and has made big scores at this level. That being said though, he has to prove himself at the domestic and A team level before he thinks about the national team again.
ODI and T20 teams is almost settled. In Test, TI-Kayes or TI- Nazim will open and the only number 3 is up for grabs. Jahurul, Junaid, Anamul, Mominul (did well in India), and SN will fight for this one spot. It will be very hard for him esp since Anamul and Mominul is starting to look good.
Old September 12, 2012, 11:09 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
nafees scored a 97 on the last test we played, now i dont care what he has been doing since, he should get a chance in the next test we play..we mix up formats, the guy did well in the last test why drop him because he couldn't cope well in the t20/A teams tours...Int test cricket>>>> A team tours
Old September 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
nafees scored a 97 on the last test we played, now i dont care what he has been doing since, he should get a chance in the next test we play..we mix up formats, the guy did well in the last test why drop him because he couldn't cope well in the t20/A teams tours...Int test cricket>>>> A team tours
And he scored a duck on the last innings he played. His last 6 test scores are 7,18,0,28,97, and 0. He now starts hitting every ball as soon as he comes to the crease. I noticed he wants to take advantage of the open field as the opposition has more slips and close fielders early in the innings. He seems very confused.

I had high hopes for him too. But our last test was played so many months ago. Since then he has been in poor form in domestic circuits. The selectors might give SN 1-2 more series and he need to take advantage of them. While he lost his form few other players (Anamul, Mominul) have started to come up. If he doesn't start scoring lots of runs, these players will take his spot.
Old September 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Agree. According to last match performance, he definitely deserve one more chance in test
Old September 12, 2012, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

The series against WI HP team will be his acid test. We simply can't write anyone off because we don't have bunch of Tendulkars sitting on the pipeline. SN deserves some opportunities to prove his talent. If he fails, we can always look for other alternatives..

Best of luck SN
Old September 12, 2012, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
And he scored a duck on the last innings he played. His last 6 test scores are 7,18,0,28,97, and 0. He now starts hitting every ball as soon as he comes to the crease. I noticed he wants to take advantage of the open field as the opposition has more slips and close fielders early in the innings. He seems very confused.

I had high hopes for him too. But our last test was played so many months ago. Since then he has been in poor form in domestic circuits. The selectors might give SN 1-2 more series and he need to take advantage of them. While he lost his form few other players (Anamul, Mominul) have started to come up. If he doesn't start scoring lots of runs, these players will take his spot.
His Test avg was about a 30 in 2011 with 3 fifties. Not saying that's great but not bad either for our standards. I agree that Anamul and Mominul are breathing down his neck now but they're still very young and we're still not sure how they'll fare. Even if they do well, we still need a sufficient amount of backups if any of our top order batsmen get injured.
Old September 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

hopefully mominul and anamul will come in and do alright. at this stage i'd be happy with SN as a back-up, honestly he's still one of our best hopes as a starter especially if we hold off on anamul and mominul or if they're not quite ready. but SN definitely has points to improve on.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

BCB toughens Nafees stance
Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) took a harsher stance regarding disciplinary action against left-handed batsman Shahriar Nafees as president AHM Mustafa Kamal was not happy with the recommendation of the disciplinary committee.

The 'suspended sentence' on the left-handed batsman remained but as per the new decision a six-month ban and financial penalty will be imposed on Nafees if he makes the same mistake in his future career.

The announcement was made after Kamal met with chief selector Akram Khan and the disciplinary committee chairman Sirajuddin Mohammad Alamgir on Wednesday.

The disciplinary committee's earlier decision on Tuesday stated that a two-match ban will be enforced if Nafees repeats the offence within the next six months.

“We made the changes after discussing the matter with our president (AHM Mustafa Kamal),” said Alamgir.

After this decision the till recently out-of-favour batsman is now available for selection and chief selector Akram Khan said yesterday that they will include the left-hander in the A team for the series against the West Indies High Performance team which arrived yesterday.

Nafees, captain during the Bangladesh A team's tour of India, was sent home before the third match due to a breach of disciple and to date had not been considered for selection.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=249482