facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old January 23, 2009, 10:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSupporterofBD
bcb don't have any better than ashraful waiting in the queue. that's why they can't drop ashraful...
SA made G. Smith captain from under 19 team! So, why not Shakib? Moreover Shakib proved as a captain against SA in four day match which was drawn ( At Fatulla ). People will say he is not prepared -------- without preparation you can't be no.1 ODI player.

Old January 23, 2009, 10:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
SA made G. Smith captain from under 19 team! So, why not Shakib? Moreover Shakib proved as a captain against SA in four day match which was drawn ( At Fatulla ). People will say he is not prepared -------- without preparation you can't be no.1 ODI player.
Being no.1 ODI player doesn't guarantee that you will be a good captain. That's why we didn't see Kallis as the captain instead of Smith. Kallis is among the top 5 all-rounders for last few years. Yet SA didn't choose him over Smith.

Period.
Old January 23, 2009, 11:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

tho he might be a "kajer bhua" I still did not like the crowd chanting that at him.
Old January 23, 2009, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

thanks Bangladesh team for no more upsets.....

Ashraful might still be the 'captain' for the Pak series (but we should continue with this 5 men actual captaincy).... good job Shakib, good job Mashrafee, our new pacers (Hossains) did well.... tamim will pick it up, mehrab will open for the next series, raqibul.... man try to be a bit more consistent (slow and steady is a big asset for a team like BD), mushy... good job behind the stumps although expecting more from him batting wise, Riyad should stay in the team (he is kind of a semi-all rounder of the team, as in semi in batting & semi in bowling).... and last but not least Ashraful ..... bhai re..... get some net bowlers or some school kids..... and start practicing and dont stop until march (and maybe then ask Mashrafee to bowl at you)....
Old January 23, 2009, 11:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Being no.1 ODI player doesn't guarantee that you will be a good captain. That's why we didn't see Kallis as the captain instead of Smith. Kallis is among the top 5 all-rounders for last few years. Yet SA didn't choose him over Smith.

Period.
And ofcourse there are counter points...

1. That doesn't tell Khalis would be a bad choice. It only tells that SA had more choices and evaluated that Smith is a better choice in long term.

2. It also tells that SA went for young and experinced over older and experienced player as Smith would provide them long term more ceiling.

3. SA didn't shied away with the concept 'Smith us young and not ready yet" and made a brave move. And they are rewarded for that.

4. SA didn't have a situation where they were stucked with non-performing experienced player. But still they made a bold decision (even though they had other options)

5. Sakib already showned in other level (local, team-a, warmup-games, national preparetion teams) that his team surprisingly do better than their strong opponents. I understand that these are not the same as national games. But Sakib will not get that experince from a bubble.

6. These u-19 trained players are much more prepared to lead than our pre-19 team players. That give them advantage over Ash/Mashrafee/etc.

7. Its not only SA who went for young inexperienced but talented players. Pakistan and India took the same route. ZIM took the same route with TAIBU before politics screw up the plan.
Old January 23, 2009, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irtiza104
BUT MY QUESTION IS: y was mashrafe named the Man of the Match???????
they thought shakib is making too much money out of every match....
Old January 23, 2009, 11:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSupporterofBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mali
If Mohammedan can drop Ash. for poor performances why not BCB!!!!
bcb don't have any better than ashraful waiting in the queue. that's why they can't drop ashraful...
And Mohammadan had a better player waiting in the queue? Please get that player whom Mohammadan thought would be a better option than Ash. Bring him in the team ASAP. As an Abahani fan it pains me but I will take that bitter pill and swallow.

As for Mash getting MoM, he was the reason the match tilted within the first few overs.
Old January 23, 2009, 11:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Sakib played an overall great game.

However Mashrafee's first 3 wicket was most critical wickets in a sense ZIM started the game ith a big score in mind and continue to punish the bowlers. Those 3 initial wickets backfired their approach.

Even I a big fan of Sakib from the begining when some people use to trash him as "Rana Clone" (in a negative way), I think Mashrafee's MOM is well deserved.
Old January 23, 2009, 11:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
And ofcourse there are counter points...

1. That doesn't tell Khalis would be a bad choice. It only tells that SA had more choices and evaluated that Smith is a better choice in long term.

2. It also tells that SA went for young and experinced over older and experienced player as Smith would provide them long term more ceiling.

3. SA didn't shied away with the concept 'Smith us young and not ready yet" and made a brave move. And they are rewarded for that.

4. SA didn't have a situation where they were stucked with non-performing experienced player. But still they made a bold decision (even though they had other options)

5. Sakib already showned in other level (local, team-a, warmup-games, national preparetion teams) that his team surprisingly do better than their strong opponents. I understand that these are not the same as national games. But Sakib will not get that experince from a bubble.

6. These u-19 trained players are much more prepared to lead than our pre-19 team players. That give them advantage over Ash/Mashrafee/etc.

7. Its not only SA who went for young inexperienced but talented players. Pakistan and India took the same route. ZIM took the same route with TAIBU before politics screw up the plan.
Good explanation -------- guys read it and judge yourself!!
Old January 23, 2009, 12:11 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Though the tigers started this 3 ODI series with a defeat, they came back well to win the series. This is Bangladesh’s 2nd series win against Zimbabwe (2005 and 2009). Meanwhile Bangladesh had lost a series against Zimbabwe. So, we have to say that this Zimbabwe’s Tour of Bangladesh 2009 was good for the Tigers and their fans.

Most runs:
#SC Williams 105 in 153 balls
#Raqibul Hasan 94 in 156 balls
#Shakib Al Hasan 70 in 84 balls
#Tamim Iqbal 68 in 130 balls
#Prosper Utseya 65 in 199 balls

Most wickets:
#Mashrafe Mortaza: 8/69
#RW Prince: 7/51
#Shakib Al Hasan: 6/50
#Rubel Hossain: 4/66
#KM Dabengwa: 3/23

Highest partnerships according to wicket:
#1st wicket partnership: 38 runs: Tamim Iqbal, Mehrab Hossain Jr
#2nd wicket partnership: 21 runs: T Taibu, S Matsikenyeri
#3rd wicket partnership: 52 runs: Mehrab Hossain Jr, Raqibul Hasan
#4th wicket partnership: 41 runs: Raqibul Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan
#5th wicket partnership: 32 runs: Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim
#6th wicket partnership: 34 runs: Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad
#7th wicket partnership: 96 runs: SC Williams, P Utseya
#8th wicket partnership: 20 runs: P Utseya, RW Price
#9th wicket partnership: 35 runs: RW Price, Mupariwa
#10th wicket partnership: 9* runs: KM Dabengwa, Mpofu

Highest partnerships according to runs:
#96 runs: SC Williams, P Utseya
#52 runs: Mehrab Hossain Jr, Raqibul Hasan
#41 runs: Raqibul Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan
#38 runs: Tamim Iqbal, Mehrab Hossain Jr
#35* runs: RW Price, Mupariwa

So, we can easily tell that this was a very low scoring series (just like the Tri Nation Cup held in 2008-2009). This pitch of Mirpur was a blessing for the bowlers and a curse for the batsmen. I wonder how the great batting pitch of Mirpur turned out to be like this.

Source: I am a fan of Tiger Cricket
Old January 23, 2009, 12:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

make abdur razzak captain when he comes back.
because he has experiance also he has age
Old January 23, 2009, 12:26 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

our bowling will more strong when Razzak and rassel will back.hope they come back against Pakistan.......
Old January 23, 2009, 01:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

I'm getting kind of sick n tired of this Ash dropping matter.

This is totally impossible in the present condition.

Guys please try to understand. Many fans were urguing about his bowling change but do u know that in the final overs against SL in the final other than Rubel no one wanted to bowl ? Also in the first ODI in this series spinners were not feeling confident to bowl !

Reality bites.

Today fans chanted 'Bhua' in the gallery which is totally unacceptable. I agree he batted worse today and bring some unnecessary pressure to Bangladesh at that time of the match.
Old January 23, 2009, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
I'm getting kind of sick n tired of this Ash dropping matter.

This is totally impossible in the present condition.

Reality bites.

I agree he batted worse today and bring some unnecessary pressure to Bangladesh at that time of the match.
Our problems are beyond the performances of a single player; in fact one could go a step further and claim that it's beyond who should or shouldn't be captain.
Old January 23, 2009, 02:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

alhamdulllilah.... good 2 c BD finally winning this series...
sakib, mash ... well played.... and as 4 the MOM desicion... i dont c wats the big issue.. it were those 3 wkts of mashrafe tht put zim under pressure.. frm which they cudnt come back... i'm pretty sure tht if we hadnt got those wkts.. zim wud hv been confident.. wud hv a good opening partnership.. n wud hv gone on 2 make a much better score... i personally feel tht mash's MOM was well deserved... and anyways... sakib did get the MOS award... tht was well deserved too....
Old January 23, 2009, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

fantastic game
i would love to see the highlights again
Old January 23, 2009, 04:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightBD
And I wonder why it feels sooooooooooooooooo good when we won aginast SL. Oreee Kala bogi.... You obviosly have not forgot about SL lossing to us by a big margin and almost lost the cup to us.
Sorry to spread salt in your recent wound.
"Almost lost the cup" does not mean anything really.
Two wins out of four recent match up against Zim is not really a thing to brag about....
Old January 23, 2009, 04:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

I am happy that tigers won the series, although it wasnt free from blemish.
Old January 23, 2009, 04:57 PM
Cricket Legend

honestly, i cant believe that we didnt sweep zim
we tiger fans were in DOUBT that we'd win
thats a HUGE step down
oh well, good victory indeed
Old January 23, 2009, 05:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
honestly, i cant believe that we didnt sweep zim
we tiger fans were in DOUBT that we'd win
thats a HUGE step down
oh well, good victory indeed
Two words:

6/5.

Top that you major teams. Just top it.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 23, 2009, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Some of you need to understand that this is the first time ever that such a bouncy wicket was prepared by the curators. This is unprecedented...I just hope that this pitch is used again for future domestic matches but not during the Pakistan series. Yes, the reason we lost to Zimbabwe was not so much a degradation of our standards but more so due to Zimbabwe's luck and our captain's rare stupid decision. Offcourse, the batter's off-form was another reason. I think going forward with the Pakistan series,, you will see a better composed Bangladesh team. This is not a hope but a reality because of Raqibul's return from injury, Mashrafee/Saqib being in form and the fact that there are few off-spinners in the squad. Basically we have a tall batting order of 8 that can and will be stable soon. The premier league will also ensure the players refine their flaws. All in all,, Yes it was not a clean sweep against Zimbabwe but it was never the case where any one doubted who was the better team in terms of depth and variations.