facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 7, 2009, 12:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Call me crazy, but I suspect the entire team read Zeeshan's strategies before they went to bed! This is nothing but deception before the war starts on Sunday. As Sun Tzu also said, " Pretend inferiority, to encourage his arrogance ". Go get Munshi !

Old August 7, 2009, 12:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Haha, we got kicked hard, so hard...
Butt kick koto procsar of ki ki they showed us all.

We don't know about the pitch condition. However in general term in ODI matches, 180 is not a good score to create any pressure to the opponent. Also if Enamul can score 37 runs with a SR of 77 (the highest amoung all BD batsman) without scoring a single 4 or 6, that tells me, the wicket cannot be that bad for batsman.

I don't worry that much about our bowling in general in this match. When you score 180 to defend, basically there is not much to defend. As ususal, I am more worried about our batting. If we want to win the series, we need to target a score of 270+ to create some pressure to the opponents. We cannot always expect that our bowlers will do miracle and win us games after games by booking opponents below 200. That is not going to happen and that is not fair to our bowlers.
Old August 7, 2009, 12:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

BD just didnt lost.....it was no contest loosing by 7 wickets......ekebare bejotti. I am worried about the Real match.
Old August 7, 2009, 12:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
. Also if Enamul can score 37 runs with a SR of 77 (the highest amoung all BD batsman) without scoring a single 4 or 6, that tells me, the wicket cannot be that bad for batsman.
I think there's some mistakes in the scorecard. No 4s from batsmen 5-11. I don't believe it.
Old August 7, 2009, 12:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

its a bad idea to havev back to back tour with not a lot of rest. This is streching our players to the max. We needed at least a week to climatise!
Old August 7, 2009, 01:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

dhuur eita ki shunlam.
Anyway,like some of you I also think that it's a good sign to fail in practice mtch.So don't worry.
Good to see Rakib scoring.
Old August 7, 2009, 01:02 PM
Banned

http://www.cricinfo.com/zimvbdesh200...ry/418388.html

[edit] "After their triumphant tour of West Indies, Bangladesh were brought back to earth by Zimbabwe A, who thrashed them by seven wickets with 11.3 overs to spare in a warm-up one-dayer in Bulawayo." like wtf?

Umar and Iftikhar script crushing win

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; August 7, 2009 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: mod.content
Old August 7, 2009, 01:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

The only positive from this match is this was a practice match. However I am not surprised at the result. True we have comprehensively won against a second string WI side, but in the yardstick of cricketing ability, metal fortitude, temperament, talent, unit cohesion and team spirit, the current Zimbabwe is way above the current WI side or any other previous ZIM side that we have faced after 2005. However, the factor that makes a ZIM series always a challenging hurdle for us is the doggedness of the Zimbabweans to prove that they are a better team than BD. This doggedness was born after the strike of the white player which on paper put Zimbabwe below BD in ranking, and since then this fierce feeling of doggedness has been present in the heart of every Zimbabwean player. Therefore whenever they play against BD, they attack like a hungry lion and we never win against them unless we bring our A game.

We still have a day to ponder over our mistakes, sort out our batting and team strategy and reorganize before the real show begins. Go Tigers!
Old August 7, 2009, 01:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Crap crap Crap

Ek tana 4 din travel kore dekhen.. kemon lage apnar.. 3/4 din ghum theke o uthte parbenna..!!! amra ekhane boshe asholeii boro boro kotha bolte pari.. but in reality may be we are worse than our players!!!

don't forget ora o manush.. just like you and me
I guess it is acceptable to some of us as long the boys showed up for the match. Who cares what the outcome of the match was. Who cares if we only lost by 7 wkts. Hey, we fan needs to consider that they traveled for four days. Coming to the match, we knew we were going to lose.
I guess, a competitive game was too much to ask for.
Old August 7, 2009, 01:53 PM

এত হৈ চৈ এর কি আছে?! নীচে তাকান আর ভেবে দেখুন...বাংলাদেশের বলাররা ১৮০ ডিফেন্ড করতে চেয়েছে কিনা?!!

BowlingOMRWEcon
Syed Rasel41912.25
Nazmul Hossain814225.25
Enamul Haque jnr612604.33
Shakib Al Hasan402807.00(1w)
Naeem Islam703905.57(4w)
Mohammad Ashraful301906.33(2w)
Mahmudullah601202.00(1w)
Raqibul Hasan0.102012.00
Old August 7, 2009, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

enam scored 37?
Old August 7, 2009, 04:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

well atleast its clear the Zimbabwe 2nd team is better than the West Indies 2nd team :P
Old August 7, 2009, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

ENAMUL? WTF? *faints*
Old August 7, 2009, 04:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Haha, we got kicked hard, so hard...
I am expecting more kicks to come.....we already got hard slaps earlier this year
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old August 7, 2009, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

The players need a rest.. too many games!
Old August 7, 2009, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid_Khan
as quoted by Ricky Ponting & Adam Gilchrist upon touring BD in 2006.
Old August 7, 2009, 07:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Lmfao @ this thread getting a red arrow. Gawd! So...it's thread opener's fault that the Bangladesh lost? Jeez.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 7, 2009, 07:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
এত হৈ চৈ এর কি আছে?! নীচে তাকান আর ভেবে দেখুন...বাংলাদেশের বলাররা ১৮০ ডিফেন্ড করতে চেয়েছে কিনা?!!

BowlingOMRWEcon
Syed Rasel41912.25
Nazmul Hossain814225.25
Enamul Haque jnr612604.33
Shakib Al Hasan402807.00(1w)
Naeem Islam703905.57(4w)
Mohammad Ashraful301906.33(2w)
Mahmudullah601202.00(1w)
Raqibul Hasan0.102012.00
lol amio shetai bhabchilam. bhablam ekber ekhaney sheta ullekh kori porey bhablam ki labh? era ek din ey boley we are number 8 r ek din boley number 28...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old August 7, 2009, 10:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Strangely enough, top three performers from the practice match have been left out of Zim ODI squad - Taibu, Mutizwa, and Manyumwa.
Old August 7, 2009, 10:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
lol amio shetai bhabchilam. bhablam ekber ekhaney sheta ullekh kori porey bhablam ki labh? era ek din ey boley we are number 8 r ek din boley number 28...
lol
Old August 7, 2009, 10:29 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Star
Grameenphone Cup
Bangladesh Vs Zimbabwe
Weary Tigers fall to Zimbabwe A

Sports Reporter- A jaded Bangladesh team suffered a seven-wicket defeat to the Zimbabwe A team in the lone warm-up game on Friday before the five-match ODI series which kicks off tomorrow at the Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo.
Middle-order batsman Rokibul Hasan slammed a half-century (55) while vice-captain Mushfiqur Rahim added 33 after the visitors decided to bat first but their efforts were not good enough to put up a descent total on the board as the Tigers were bundled out for 180 in 49.3 overs at the Bulawayo Athletic Club.
After an early hiccup, Forster Mutizwa and captain Tatenda Taibu fashioned the home side's easy victory as Zimbabwe A coasted to the victory target of 181 in 38.1 overs for the loss of only three wickets.
Mutizwa smashed unbeaten 78 while former Zimbabwe skipper and wicketkeeper Taibu, who has been banned for ten matches after an internal Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) hearing found him guilty of an offence, contributed with an unbeaten 66.
Pacer Nazmul Hossain caused the early damage by taking two wickets while Syed Rasel picked up one wicket.
Pacers Rubel Hossain and Mahbubul Alam and left-handed batsman Mehrab Hossain were left out of the lone practice game.
Buoyed by their historic success in West Indies, Shakib Al Hasan's men reached Bulawayo on Thursday after a gruelling 40 hours journey via London, Dubai, Johannesburg and Harare with a mission to carry on their good form despite their five-wicket loss to West Indies in the T20 match in the last match in the Caribbean.
It was however a tough task for the Tigers to come out in the field a day after such an exhausting journey. The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) however had somehow settled on such a hectic schedule.
"Yes, it was really a tough task for the boys to come out in the field after such a gruelling travel and that might have affected in their batting. The people concerned should have looked at the schedule. It's inhuman to play cricket the very next day after journeying over 40 hours," said BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus when asked about the schedule.
It was learnt that the players had also faced problem with their kits as the luggage was displaced in the Johannesburg airport and that's why it did not reach on time in Zimbabwe. They received their luggage just before the start of the practice match.
When asked, Jalal Yunus admitted the incident. "Yes, we have informed that the kits did not arrive on time," he said.

SCORES IN BRIEF
BANGLADESH: 180 all out in 49.3 overs (Rokibul Hassan 55, Mushfiqur Rahim 32, Nayeem Islam 17; Admire Manyumwa 3 wkts, Chamu Chibhabha 2 wkts)
ZIMBABWE A: 181 for 3 in 38.1 overs (Forster Mutizwa 78 not out, Tatenda Taibu 66 not out; Nazmul 2 wkts, Rasel 1 wkt)
RESULT: Zimbabwe A won by seven wickets.

FIXTURE
August 9- Sun: 1st ODI at Bulawayo
August 11- Tues: 2nd ODI at Bulawayo
August 14- Friday 3rd ODI at Bulawayo
August 16- Sun 4th ODI at Bulawayo
August 18- Tues 5th ODI at Bulawayo
Old August 7, 2009, 11:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Link
I guess we should cut the players some slack... but, Zimbabwe is not a West Indies A team... they are going to capitalize on our mistakes!
Old August 8, 2009, 12:42 AM
Banned

it is really poor sign for zim series...........i cant belive, they are lose to zim A team. pethatic cricket from nonsence players.
Old August 8, 2009, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid_Khan
what are you saying??????? they are ready to play more cricket.....it has been long time, they are not playing enough cricket.
Old August 8, 2009, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
I am expecting more kicks to come.....we already got hard slaps earlier this year
good one.