facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2008, 12:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Default Rakibul Hasan

Oh My God!
This must be a first!

The guy scored a decent half century and was instrumental in record breaking partnership,

and we still dont have a thread about him yet!!

C'mon BCers! have we lost all enthusiam already?

On the other hand, thread number 10029383449583 is being opened about Ash somewhere, as i write.

On a serious note, i saw his batting for a little while.
I swear, for a sec, i thought Yousuf Youhana is batting.
His front foot stance and back lift is Yousuf-like.

Where is my bandwagon, i wanna jump on it.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old March 12, 2008, 12:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Mama...thread ta khuila bhalo korlen na. Whenever we get excited about an emerging player, the player only remains at that emerging level...doesn't emerge completely!

Anyway, kudos to the young man.
Old March 12, 2008, 12:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Where is my bandwagon, i wanna jump on it.
Jump...JUmp..JUMp...JUMP...JUMP in the air.

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about him in the first ODI, but he completely turned around in the 2nd ODI even after playing under such immense pressure. Bravo! I hope he continues like this than being one game wonder. We need consistency!
Old March 12, 2008, 12:44 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

He seems a really good prospect. However, Lets keep a tracker on him. Lets say 10 match as the initial prospect analysis. SO here goes, 15 and 63. so, 8 more innings should give us the first glimpse of whether he is the batsmen we are looking for.

15 and 63
Old March 12, 2008, 12:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Not only I am in on the band wagon but let me drive Rabz. We have an answer for Rohit.

The only knock I have against him is after his fifty he could have accelerated a bit. But he is a rookie. This his is debut series. Shob maf, shob maf.

Bhai'rey ami tho monay korsilam 70 bujhi hoilo na. 18/4.
Old March 12, 2008, 12:49 PM
Street Cricketer

somossa onno jaygay bdr player der ,ek 50 korle oita dia 1 bosor boisa khay
Old March 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The only knock I have against him is after his fifty he could have accelerated a bit. .
This is how he got out. I presume he is more of a builder than accelerator. We need him to bat before Ash comes in. Ash can then come in and accelerate with his innovating (scoop) shots. Perfect for my game plan, how does the following line up look?

Tamim
SN/Zunaid
Aftab
Rakib
Ash
Saqib
Old March 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

It would be premature to start comparing with Mohammad Yousuf now. But he seems to have a solid defence which can surely boost our fragile middle-order.
Old March 12, 2008, 12:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I am really impressed by him. While watching him play, i had been telling my friend that his technique resembles with Dravid.

BTW, it's too early to rate him. I hope i would be able write highly about him in this thread after two years.
Old March 12, 2008, 12:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

There you go...
for those who wants a ride...

T_E, take the lead.....
Old March 12, 2008, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Raqibul > Nazimuddin any day, and it's not too hard to conclude from so many stroke makers who have come and gone and are still playing in the national team. However, I wouldn't be too excited. Many a time we've had a debutant score a few and then wear off. He has to sustain this form over a satisfactory period of time and have the ability to ensure that form dips are not year long before we can have full faith in him.

It was funny how the crowd went silent when he got out and yet he was raising his bat and pointing it all around as he was walking off. A 63 isn't something that you should be THAT proud of, especially when you get out to a stupid shot at a desperate time.
Old March 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper
It would be premature to start comparing with Mohammad Yousuf now. But he seems to have a solid defence which can surely boost our fragile middle-order.
Sandy mate,
i wasnt comparing him with Yousuf, i just said his batting style resembles that of Yousuf.
Old March 12, 2008, 12:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Raqibul >
It was funny how the crowd went silent when he got out and yet he was raising his bat and pointing it all around as he was walking off. A 63 isn't something that you should be THAT proud of, especially when you get out to a stupid shot at a desperate situation.
He probably got a little bit more excited than he should be. After all, this was his first ODI 50.
Old March 12, 2008, 01:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
This is how he got out. I presume he is more of a builder than accelerator.
I am not talking about when he was on 63. More like blocking balls after his 50. Fielders weren't closing on him actually. There were few deliveries that I thought was there for easy singles. Nevertheless, a good innings. This should give him some confidence to play at this level.
Old March 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Early days mate! early days!!

Please don't count your chickens yet!!

He is very good, no doubt. Remember, Aaqib Javed said last year? Roqibul is ready for Tests. We need to nurture him properly. Chopping and changing wouldn't help. He should be given a consistent run.
Old March 12, 2008, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Gor pura goru shidure megh dekle bhoy pay!!!

I liked what I saw but don't want to say much. In a team with so many inconsistent batsmen, one can easily feel comfortable after scoring a fifty. Someone has to be ultra motivated to keep driving himself and I am hoping Rakibul is one of them. When your captain and other senior batsmen has no responsibility whatsoever, one may get satisfied too easily. Then again, rookie may get dropped after one or two failures since he is low in confidence or he doesn't fit the team combination or simply because the selectors don't like his face.

I liked his running between the wickets. I liked his temparament and how he paced his innings after such a big collapse and how he rotated the strike. Hopefully, this is just the beginning.
Old March 12, 2008, 01:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!

i dont want to get excited, he scored a 50, shows he got talent like 20-30 others, we dont need another player who gets the odd 50, we need a consistent scorer!! then ill jump! lol.

btw yes i know im being a skeptic, and i do know it's his debut series.
Old March 12, 2008, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Oh My God!
This must be a first!

The guy scored a decent half century and was instrumental in record breaking partnership,

and we still dont have a thread about him yet!!

C'mon BCers! have we lost all enthusiam already?
I think the bad taste GoBo left in our mouth still remains, that's why.
Old March 12, 2008, 02:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

the NEXT NEXT NEXT Super Star... yeah right!!!!
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 12, 2008, 03:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Always a friend of technically sound cricketers with a positive learning curve, I always liked this boy alongside guys like Ash, Alok, Zunaed, GoBoy, Meharb Jr since last year, and since this year, Imrul Kayes.

Like a few others before him, he too has had a decent start to his International career. I pray he does a better job sustaining it.

My prayers are with him ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 12, 2008 at 03:15 PM..
Old March 12, 2008, 03:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

I back up Rakibul's inclusion over Junaid or nazimuddin. He averages near 40 in list A and close to 50 in first class, which is much better than Junaid or Nazim. And he should the full face of bat, playing straight and watching the ball on the bat. I am sure he would have played more strokes if we weren't 18-4. This guy is must for test team... and i say it...he has shown much better technique and tempermant than ASH.
Old March 12, 2008, 03:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

umm all i want to say is, he is a tukainna player. good for 21 - 40 overs category. He is not a natural stroke player i guess. So slog over a ba powerplay te kajer na.
Old March 12, 2008, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Rakib looks to me technically very solid batsman who is very calm, taking control of the situation of the game and capable of adjusting at the situation. I'm wishing to see him playing more solid and consistence game for bd team for long time. He seems very reliable type of batsman knows where his shots are going, also very easily rotate the run.
Old March 12, 2008, 03:23 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

ম্যাচ পুরো দিনের, ঘটনা ১৫ মিনিটের

ঢাকা, ১২ মার্চ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম)-- 'হাসান অ্যান্ড হাসান' কোম্পানিতে আর কেউ বিনিয়োগের আগ্রহ দেখাল না। না অন্য ব্যাটসম্যানদের কেউ, না বহু ভরসার স্পিনত্রয়ী বা মাশরাফিদের পেস ব্যাটারি! তাই ম্যাচ গেল; গেল সিরিজও। বাংলাদেশ-দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা দ্বিতীয় এক দিনের ম্যাচ নিয়ে বিডি নিউজের ক্রীড়া সম্পাদক মোস্তফা মামুন লিখেছেন মিরপুর স্টেডিয়াম থেকে।

'হাসান অ্যান্ড হাসান' কোম্পানিতে আর কেউ বিনিয়োগের আগ্রহ দেখাল না। না অন্য ব্যাটসম্যানদের কেউ, না বহু ভরসার স্পিনত্রয়ী বা মাশরাফিদের পেস ব্যাটারি! তাই ম্যাচ গেল; গেল সিরিজও।

দুপুরে এক সাংবাদিক একটা হিসাব বের করলেন। দুই হাসান, সাকিব এবং রাকিবের রান যোগ হয়ে দাঁড়ায় ১১৫,সেটাকে মোট রান থেকে বাদ দিলে বাকি থাকে ৫৮। তার থেকে বাদ দিতে হবে অতিরিক্ত এবং অন্য উল্লেখযোগ্য স্কোরার মাশরাফির ২০ রান, তাহলে সমীকরণে দেখা যাবে বাকি ৮ জন মিলে রান করেছেন ২০! এর মধ্যে পাঁচ জন আবার কোনো রানই করেননি। চমকিত হওয়ার মতো তথ্য। কিন্তু কেউ চমকাল না।

ব্যাটিং ব্যর্থতার ইতিহাসে এত এত পরিসংখ্যানগত চমক ইতিমধ্যেই বাংলাদেশ উপহার দিয়ে রেখেছে যে চমকাবার অনুভূতিটাই ভোঁতা হয়ে গেছে। একজন, পুরো স্কোরকার্ডটাকে দেখিয়ে এটাকে বাংলাদেশের কোনো একটা মোবাইল কোম্পানির নম্বরের সঙ্গে মেলানোর চেষ্টা করলেন। জমল না। কারণ এরকম উপমাও বহুল ব্যবহৃত। তাহলে! ভেবে ভেবে মনে হল, বাংলাদেশের ব্যাটিংটাকে এমন একটা কোম্পানির সঙ্গে তুলনা করা যায় যা হতে পারে দুজন শেয়ার হোল্ডারের নামাঙ্কিতÑ 'হাসান অ্যান্ড হাসান কোম্পানি'। কারণ উপস্থিতি ছাড়া বাকিদের কোনো অবদানই নেই।

তাদের দুজনের নামগত মিলটাও উল্লেখযোগ্য। একজন সাকিব আল হাসান এবং আরেকজন রাকিবুল হাসান। দুজন দুটো ফিফটি করে বাকিদের ঘুরে দাঁড়ানোর প্রেরণা যুুগিয়েছেন এবং লক্ষ্য করেছেন কারো অনুপ্রাণিত হওয়ার আগ্রহ বা ইচ্ছা নেই। নইলে এরপরও কেন গুরুত্বপূর্ণ সময়ে দুটো রান আউটের ঘটনা ঘটবে? আর অধিনায়ক আশরাফুলই বা কেন মুখোমুখি হওয়া চতুর্থ বলে হুকের মতো উচ্চাভিলাষী শট খেলতে যাবেন। অধিনায়ক এবং দলের সেরা ব্যাটসম্যান যেদিন বিপদের মুখেও এমন অবিমৃষ্যকারিতা দেখান সেদিন আরও বিপদ আসবে স্বাভাবিক। সেদিন স্কোরকার্ড ৪ উইকেটে ১৮ তে পরিণত হওয়াটাও অস্বাভাবিক নয়। কাজেই ম্যাচ তো আসলে ওখানেই শেষ। শেষ থেকে বাংলাদেশ আবার কখনও কখনও শুরু করে। আশা শেষ হয়ে গেলে ফের আলো জ্বালায়।

গত কয়েক বছরে এমন আমরা অনেক দেখেছি যে নতুন কেউ একজন এসে এমন আগমনীবার্তা শোনান যে মনে হয় দুঃখের দিন পেছনে পড়ে রইল। ওর ব্যাটে চড়েই হয়ত...। এবং আমরা প্রতারিত হই। কাজেই মাত্র দ্বিতীয় ম্যাচে তরুণ রাকিবুল হাসানের ৬৩ রানের ইনিংসটাকে স্রেফ একটা ভালো ইনিংসের মর্যাদার সীমারেখাতেই রাখা উচিত। নামগত মিলের কারণেই কিনা তাকে সঙ্গ দিতেই উৎসাহী শুধু সাকিব আল হাসান, তিনি করেছেন ৫২। দুয়ে মিলে যে ১১৯ রানের জুুটি সেটা ওয়ানডে ক্রিকেটে পঞ্চম উইকেটে বাংলাদেশের সর্বোচ্চ রানের জুটি। আর সাকিবের ওয়ানডেতে এক হাজার রানও হয়ে গেল। এসব তথ্যগত অর্জন, এবং এর বাইরে আসলে বাংলাদেশের ব্যাটিং নিয়ে বলার কিছু নেই। থাকলে, সেই ব্যর্থতার কথা যেখানে ধীমান এবং মোশাররফের রান আউট ইনিংসের শেষটা আরও এগিয়ে এনেছে। ৪ উইকেটে ১৩৭-এ উন্নীত হওয়ার পরও ১৭৩ রানেই ক্ষান্তি।

কয়েক বছর আগে ঢাকার একটি বড় দলের একজন ক্রিকেট কর্মকর্তা বাঁহাতি স্পিনারে খুব মোহিত হয়ে গিয়েছিলেন। এমনই যে সেটা উন্মাদনার পর্যায়ে পড়ে যায়। আড়ালে তাকে নিয়ে কৌতুকও চলত। কেউ ক্রিকেট খেলে শুনলেই তিনি জানতে চাইতেন, বাঁ হাতে স্পিন করতে পারো তো! পারলে তাকে তিনি দলে নেবেন। না হলে প্রশ্নই ওঠে না। সেই কর্মকর্তা এখন আড়ালে, কিন্তু তার তথ্যের ধারক হয়ে আছে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দল। এক-দুজন নয়, একেবারে তিনজন বাঁহাতি স্পিনার প্রায় সবসময়ই একাদশে। তা যাই হোক, বুধবারের ম্যাচে মিরপুরের স্পিন সহায়ক পরিবেশে ১৭৩ রান নিয়ে উল্টা-পাল্টা কিছু ঘটাতে হলে ওদের বাঁহাতে যাদুর ছোঁয়া লাগত। একজনের হাতে যাদুর কিছুটা পরশ পাওয়া গেল। সেই পরশটার যোগানদাতা কি আইপিএল! আগের দিনই বাংলাদেশের প্রথম ক্রিকেটার হিসেবে ভারতের আলোচিত ক্রিকেট লিগ আইপিএল-এ বাংলাদেশী টাকায় প্রায় ৩৫ লাখ উঠেছে তার দাম, সেই আনন্দের পরশে দারুণ একটা স্পেল করলেন বাঁ হাতি স্পিনার আব্দুর রাজ্জাক। ৫ ওভারে ৯ রানের ঐ স্পেলে ২ উইকেট নিয়ে স্কোর পরিণত করে ফেলেছিলেন ৩ উইকেটে ৬০-এ। কেউ কেউ আশাবাদী হলো! 'স্মিথ-গিবস নেই।' 'ওদের পরের ব্যাটসম্যানরা তো স্পিন খেলতেই পারে না।' ঠিক। ঠিক বলেই ওদের ইনিংসটা ধুকল, স্পিনাররাও সহায়ক পরিবেশ কাজে লাগালেন, মাশরাফিও নিজেকে উজাড় করলেন। কিন্তু এসবের ফলে যা দাঁড়াল সেটাও খুব আনন্দের কিছু নয়। দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা সাবধান হতে গিয়ে খোলসে ঢুকে এগোল শামুকের গতিতে, কোনো ঘটনা ছাড়াই ম্যাড়ম্যাড়ে ক্রিকেট চলল দিনের শেষ পর্যন্ত। আর শেষ!

সে তো সেই সকালেই লেখা হয়ে গিয়েছিল! প্রথম ১৫ মিনিটের মধ্যেই, ১৮ রানে বাংলাদেশের ৪ উইকেট যাওয়ার পরই। শেষ বিশ্লেষণে দেখছি ম্যাচটা ছিল এক দিনের। কিন্তু ঘটনা মাত্র ১৫ মিনিটের!
Old March 12, 2008, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
umm all i want to say is, he is a tukainna player. good for 21 - 40 overs category. He is not a natural stroke player i guess. So slog over a ba powerplay te kajer na.
we need this type of batsman as backbone for our fragile bating who can in the middle fix up in our definite collapse(usual). We have enough stroke makers who always fail most of the time and we crumble into run scarcity.

Last edited by Shaan; March 12, 2008 at 03:41 PM..