facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 27, 2006, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Interactive digital map of Dhaka city

I got this link to an interactive digital map of dhaka city,the problem is, i can only get the screenshots,i cant download it from here,can any of you provide me with the download link?
http://www.gisdevelopment.net/procee...er/meherpf.htm

Old April 27, 2006, 03:54 AM
Cricket Legend

AFAIK you are a BUET student. Go to URP department and contact any of them. I know the first author is an assistant professor of the dept. U could not get the digital version in the source u mention because they donot have it. gisdevelopment is a magazine which only recieve the article not the original data. the authors has the data.PM me if u need more help
Old April 27, 2006, 04:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: kothhin proshno

salam shafin bhai,
by any chance chittagong er opor erokom kichhu ki buet banabe? aar ei software tar link pele doya kore post korben. interesting mone hochchhe.

Jazhakallah

Muhammad
Old April 27, 2006, 04:28 AM
Cricket Legend

I am not of the URP dept,but i have friends there,i'll contact them and let you know,Ikhtiander

Thebest,i was searching for an online version,i for one does not feel too free to go to teachers with such requests,and i am not in that much appearant need.but i'll give it a try.
Old April 27, 2006, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthiander
salam shafin bhai,
by any chance chittagong er opor erokom kichhu ki buet banabe? aar ei software tar link pele doya kore post korben. interesting mone hochchhe.

Jazhakallah

Muhammad
Muhammad Bhai,
I m a chatgaiya and I have worked in this field for the last 3-4 yrs. Interestingly there are few Chatgaiya who are now top shot in this field in Bangaldesh. For Example Prof. Amanat. Unfortunately it involves lots of money to collect data or prepare data in digital form. The one Shafin mentioning about is a very small work. It is actually an undergrad project. They mainly developed the concept with few avaialble data. Though RAJUK, CDA, KDA have digital databse of their respective city they are very reluctant to provide it. AFAIK this database was prepared by the students themselves converting analogue map to digital map. They can not scan as the software do not accept. So they have to physically convert those. I think u could understnd they physical pain went through. so in near future I do not see anything would be availble. for the time being u could use google earth or msn encarta. though they are not so much correct but workable.
Old April 27, 2006, 04:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
I am not of the URP dept,but i have friends there,i'll contact them and let you know,Ikhtiander

Thebest,i was searching for an online version,i for one does not feel too free to go to teachers with such requests,and i am not in that much appearant need.but i'll give it a try.
There is no online version of that. I am 100% sure as u would learn from my previous post
Old April 27, 2006, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Shafin - go meet Dr Anisul Haq - he is a friend from my BUET teaching days.He is a Prof of your department. Tell him Zunaid sent you. He will be able to get you connected to the right URP prof.
Old May 2, 2006, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks a lot.
But sadly,Anisul Haque sir resigned at the start of this term and joined East-West university.I am lucky i had a sessional course with him and he was really one of the best in the department.But with the lack of facilities,we really are losing teachers at a rapid rate.Rezwan khan sir also resigned and became VC of United International University.

BTW,i was only interested in this and is not in an urgent need.

Thanks everyone for your helps.