facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: WHO IS THE PERMANENT CAPTAIN?
shakib 17 80.95%
mortaza 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 28, 2009, 07:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Who is the permanent bangladeshi captain?

Shakib or MORTAZA

Old July 28, 2009, 07:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

if you are asking for the fact its mortaza if u are asking for my opinion then, it should be shakib.
Old July 28, 2009, 07:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful

whr is da option for ashraful??
Old July 28, 2009, 08:03 PM
Cricket Legend

whats wrong with people?Mashrafe didn't even get a chance to prove his captaincy yet.We should give him a chance first.
Old July 28, 2009, 08:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz_ca
whr is da option for ashraful??
Ohh srry brother i forgot..I might have to create a separate poll for that: WORST CAPTAINS OF BANGLADESH
Old July 28, 2009, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

There's another poll on the same topic.
Old July 28, 2009, 08:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
There's another poll on the same topic.

Didnt notice that..Do you want me to unsubscribe..
Old July 28, 2009, 08:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

yet another captaincy thread!!!

i am sorry bro: but it is kinda annoying to see similar threads in BC all the time, let's save some space no offense banindfan...just sayin' keepin' it real!
Old July 28, 2009, 08:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by banindfan
Didnt notice that..Do you want me to unsubscribe..
May be you can ask the mods to merge. That is up to you.
Old July 28, 2009, 08:50 PM
Test Cricketer

too many who threads... why?

are you confused?
Old July 28, 2009, 09:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee Mashrafee
Old July 28, 2009, 10:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib (moyna)
shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib (moyna)
Old July 28, 2009, 11:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

There's nothing called a permanent captain.

Thank you.
Old July 29, 2009, 01:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Exactly there is nothing called a permanent captain.

Mash is damaged by the Captaincy, he was trying a little toomuch while his bowling wasn't making any impact on the opponent. He shouldn't be given back the captaincy even if he is fit and back to the team.

Shakib should continue till he is good for the job.
Old July 29, 2009, 05:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

May sound bad but Mash getting injured could be one f the best things to happen to Bangladesh cricket.

Shakib has the ability to develop into a very very good captain, something Bangladesh has lacked
Old July 29, 2009, 12:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Mashrafe Bin Mortaza was one of those who kept his nerve and patience to follow a match into the late hours of the night in support of his beloved cricket team. And it was a fitting reward when the Tigers managed their highest successful chase in the second one-day of the three-match series at Windsor Park in Dominica to script yet another history in the Caribbean.

Definitely it was not a completely pleasant experience for the 'ill-fated' Bangladesh captain Mashrafe to watch the game in the living room instead of being in the midst of the roars and cheers at the ground, but he was more than happy to see the way stand-in skipper Shakib Al Hasan led the team from the front to glory.

"It's not so common that someone suddenly gets an opportunity and capitalises on it with both hands but I think Shakib showed that rare quality in the tour. It's my bad luck that I couldn't lead the team in the series but it's really encouraging for our cricket that we have discovered someone like Shakib," said Mashrafe heaving praise on his young comrade.

It's yet to be proved how good Mashrafe is as a captain as he was ruled out from the tour after sustaining a knee injury on the third day of the first Test at St. Vincent but many already started to see a shadow of future captain in the world's number one all-rounder in the one-day rankings.

The 25-year old Mashrafe however is one step ahead of the commoners as he believes that Shakib hasalready proved that he has got the leadership quality after making his marks in the 2-0 Test series victory and gaining an unbeatable 2-0 advantage in the one-day series against the makeshift West Indies side.

"I don't think it's right time to comment whether I want to continue as a captain because I am now more concerned with my injury. I don't know when I will be able to return to cricket and I am looking forward to the suggestion of my doctor (David Young)," said a dejected Mashrafe.

"But why Shakib as future captain? He already showed his quality as a captain and I don't find anything wrong if Shakib continues as captain though it's up to the board. The most important quality for a captain is that he should be a performer in the team and there is no question about Shakib's showings.

"You see he (Shakib) has been scoring consistently against different opposition since he made his international debut and he is a good fielder. But above everything it's his bowling which is really top class. In my opinion Shakib is the number one spinner right at this moment and he has improved his bowling immensely," said Mashrafe.

Still the question remains whether there is anything proved against such a bits and pieces West Indies team.

"It's helped but you know, it's not an easy task to perform consistently no matter who are the opponents. And I think he showed something as a captain which helped the team to win the game. It may be too early to make the final comments on his captaincy but there is something encouraging," he defended.

"I hope under his captaincy the team will also continue their success in Zimbabwe and I will never mind if the board wants to continue this flow with him," he added

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=99227
Old July 29, 2009, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Murad bhai, very interesting article. Looks like success against Zimbabwe and India later this year (if they're coming that is) might seal it for Shakib. Hmm...
Old July 29, 2009, 02:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza was one of those who kept his nerve and patience to follow a match into the late hours of the night in support of his beloved cricket team. And it was a fitting reward when the Tigers managed their highest successful chase in the second one-day of the three-match series at Windsor Park in Dominica to script yet another history in the Caribbean.

Definitely it was not a completely pleasant experience for the 'ill-fated' Bangladesh captain Mashrafe to watch the game in the living room instead of being in the midst of the roars and cheers at the ground, but he was more than happy to see the way stand-in skipper Shakib Al Hasan led the team from the front to glory.

"It's not so common that someone suddenly gets an opportunity and capitalises on it with both hands but I think Shakib showed that rare quality in the tour. It's my bad luck that I couldn't lead the team in the series but it's really encouraging for our cricket that we have discovered someone like Shakib," said Mashrafe heaving praise on his young comrade.

It's yet to be proved how good Mashrafe is as a captain as he was ruled out from the tour after sustaining a knee injury on the third day of the first Test at St. Vincent but many already started to see a shadow of future captain in the world's number one all-rounder in the one-day rankings.

The 25-year old Mashrafe however is one step ahead of the commoners as he believes that Shakib hasalready proved that he has got the leadership quality after making his marks in the 2-0 Test series victory and gaining an unbeatable 2-0 advantage in the one-day series against the makeshift West Indies side.

"I don't think it's right time to comment whether I want to continue as a captain because I am now more concerned with my injury. I don't know when I will be able to return to cricket and I am looking forward to the suggestion of my doctor (David Young)," said a dejected Mashrafe.

"But why Shakib as future captain? He already showed his quality as a captain and I don't find anything wrong if Shakib continues as captain though it's up to the board. The most important quality for a captain is that he should be a performer in the team and there is no question about Shakib's showings.

"You see he (Shakib) has been scoring consistently against different opposition since he made his international debut and he is a good fielder. But above everything it's his bowling which is really top class. In my opinion Shakib is the number one spinner right at this moment and he has improved his bowling immensely," said Mashrafe.

Still the question remains whether there is anything proved against such a bits and pieces West Indies team.

"It's helped but you know, it's not an easy task to perform consistently no matter who are the opponents. And I think he showed something as a captain which helped the team to win the game. It may be too early to make the final comments on his captaincy but there is something encouraging," he defended.

"I hope under his captaincy the team will also continue their success in Zimbabwe and I will never mind if the board wants to continue this flow with him," he added

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=99227

really enjoyed reading it.
mash and sakib dont have any issue playing under each other's captaincy. mash was captain and didnt get enough chance. sakib is his deputy . both should work together. mash as captain and sakib as vice.

there is nothing like permanent captaincy.
players might lose form at any time
Old July 29, 2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyferari
Shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib shakib (moyna)
ho ho.......good job. you right. we need a permanent captain, not a sessional. and otherwise saqib as a captain, leading from the front. we need this kind of bless. so good luck saqib. saqib
Old July 29, 2009, 05:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Wierd post that can be misunderstood. There is no such thing as permanent captain. Captains get apointed series basis. At present Shakib is the captain and Mushfiq is Vice Captain. Though I get the feeling that when Mash is fit it will be Mash as captain and Shakib as VC.

Now personaly I would like to see Shakib as captain and Mash as vice captain.
Old July 30, 2009, 08:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Q. Who is the permanent bangladeshi captain?
A. The Ice Man, because:

1. Less injury prone
2. Does not have a big rice tummy to put more pressure on the knees while bowling.
3, Much better in batting, bowling and fielding.
4. Egnlish is better - not problematic and dogmatic for the fans, no misleading lip services.
5. Enigmatic with those mystreious sun glasses.
6. Built team chemistry and a winning mentality wthin the team.
7. The best BD in cricket.
8. Humble and freindly that the media and fans love, he can represent the BD brand of cricket at home and abroad.
9. He is The Ice Man - cool, calm and apt in leading the team in batting, bowling, fielding and decision making while under tremendous pressure.
10. The envy of some Test playing nations.