facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 8, 2013, 04:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Can Ravindra Jadeja Take Away Shakibs Crown

After dominating the best all rounder title for a while Shakib might finally have challengers. And one major challenger could be Ravindra Jadeja. Jadeja is obviously the better batsmen-more technically gifted, has all the shots in the book. Shakib was probably ahead because of his bowling. But now that seems to have changed. Not only has Shakibs performance declined with the ball, Jadeja has improved significantly as spinner. He's no longer a part time spinner like Yuvraj or Yusuf Pathan. Jadeja is capable of bowling 10 overs, and has got a lot more in his bowling than just line and length. Jadeja is untested in Test, but has had a great deal of success in FC, ODI's, List A, T20 as a bowler.

Jadeja's only enemy are probably the fans (Who have too much expectation), competition for a place, and the pressure he is always under to perform to keep his place.

But if India continues to give him opportunities, he could end up a world class all rounder. Time to wake up Mr. Shakib. Honeymoons over

Old February 8, 2013, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Being capable bowling 10overs and being one of the best at bowling 10 overs are quite different my friend.
He's been bowling well as of late but you cannot compare him to Al Hasan yet. Anyone can have a good string of performances
Old February 8, 2013, 05:42 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

It is still early days for Jadeja. He is not half as consistent as Shakib. I'll wait for another year before starting to compare him with Shakib who is performing consistently for the last 4-5 years.
Old February 8, 2013, 06:05 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

You are comparing shakib with a guy who yet to become a regular player in his team?? Nice try..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 8, 2013, 06:43 AM
Banned

Simple answer, Yes. I think he has the quality to become a Good-All rounder. Can Jadeja out-perform Shakib at the moment, No. It all depends on time and consistency. He has a lot of expectation to perform as all-rounder in Indian team, needs to live up.
Old February 8, 2013, 06:44 AM
Test Cricketer

To be frank, the answer is a big fat NO. Jadeja has so far being amassing IPL buck$ and garnering sporadic success in the international level specially IN the subcontinent. He has got a long way to prove himself of a versatile performer consistently at home and abroad.
Old February 8, 2013, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Agree early days and has a lot to prove. But but unbiased-he's not far behind in terms of ability and performance. The ICC rankings also reflect that. In fact Jadeja is ahead in ODI bowling rankings. Whether he can keep up the performance will be the test. Too often these guys get TV, advertisement, sponsorship deals and lose their way.

Shakib needs to pick up though. Particularly with the ball. Sths troubling him, either his knee, fatigue, too much of T20 or sth. Needs to be more attacking (Like he was when he started), needs to improve on his stock of deliveries.
Old February 8, 2013, 11:18 AM
MLC World Series I

Jadeja has impressed off late. I will wait for a few more tours.
Old February 8, 2013, 01:03 PM
Cricket Guru

I will cry if it does happen.
Old February 12, 2013, 08:03 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar,Shane Wa

Sir Ravindra Jadeja is one of the worst Indian batsman that I have seen in last 10 years, Yes he is good bowler in Indian conditions but I don't want him to any where near Indian squad in 2015 wc, Pretty much useless in those conditions.

Shakib batsman>>>>>>Jadeja

Shakib bowler>= Jadeja
Old February 12, 2013, 08:18 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

A laughable comparison. Shakib is miles ahead in every department. Jadeja has ZERO test credentials either as a batsman or a bowler. Jadeja also has zero centuries in international games and zero 5fers. It's ridiculous to even compare the two players
Old February 12, 2013, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

LOL, koi Agartola r koi bichanar tola.
Old February 12, 2013, 03:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by prtikul
Sir Ravindra Jadeja is one of the worst Indian batsman that I have seen in last 10 years, Yes he is good bowler in Indian conditions but I don't want him to any where near Indian squad in 2015 wc, Pretty much useless in those conditions.

Shakib batsman>>>>>>Jadeja

Shakib bowler>= Jadeja
Shakib's bowling is definitely >> Jadeja's bowling
Old February 12, 2013, 04:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Who is Jadeja! I knew one who took money from bookie.:p
Old February 13, 2013, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
A laughable comparison. Shakib is miles ahead in every department. Jadeja has ZERO test credentials either as a batsman or a bowler. Jadeja also has zero centuries in international games and zero 5fers. It's ridiculous to even compare the two players
Keep an eye on the ICC player rankings. It might not seem ridiculous after a while
Old February 13, 2013, 10:25 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Keep an eye on the ICC player rankings. It might not seem ridiculous after a while
Don't really care about ICC rankings. If Jadeja gets to no 1 this year then credit to him. It won't make him Sobers, Kallis or Shakib. Weren't we above Australia after beating Ireland in T-20 rankings? The points accumulate as you play more. India plays a lot more than BD at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if Rohit Sharma also gain more accumulated bowling points than Shakib since 2013 is a pretty barren FTP for BD.

My point is Shakib has credentials as a fine Test cricketer. He is off the boil and missed a few series due to injuries. Soon He will bounce back. Jadeja might be a promising young player but he has played only 1 test match so it will be a long while before i will draw any comparison between them.
Old February 21, 2013, 11:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Don't really care about ICC rankings. If Jadeja gets to no 1 this year then credit to him. It won't make him Sobers, Kallis or Shakib.
Isn't that, not caring about ICC ranking, most non-BD people say when they see Shak as the best all rounder according to ICC ranking?

And putting Shak along the same line with Sobers and Kallis is as early a comparison as OP's attempt in comparing him with Jadeja.
Old February 22, 2013, 12:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Shakib is a damn good batsman. Damn good because he doesn't rely on brute power to maintain a high strike rate. That is skill. Sure Jadeja might have better technique, but I'm sure most turds have better technique than Shakib. :p

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 22, 2013, 02:56 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Isn't that, not caring about ICC ranking, most non-BD people say when they see Shak as the best all rounder according to ICC ranking?

And putting Shak along the same line with Sobers and Kallis is as early a comparison as OP's attempt in comparing him with Jadeja.
you assume too much. I didn't compare Shakib with Sobers or Kallis... I said Sobers, Kallis or Shakib as i see their greatness/ranking in that particular order.
Old February 22, 2013, 03:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Shakib is a damn good batsman. Damn good because he doesn't rely on brute power to maintain a high strike rate. That is skill. Sure Jadeja might have better technique, but I'm sure most turds have better technique than Shakib. :p
Shakib uses his cricketing intelligence to easily find gaps to milk singles and twos. He always knows his field settings, very observant of him. That's the secret behind his high strike rate. Of course, by playing international cricket over such a long period of time, he has figured out when and how to hit boundaries. Brain Freezes are rare in his case.

I rate Ravichandran Ashwin higher than Jadeja.
Old February 22, 2013, 12:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Shakib uses his cricketing intelligence to easily find gaps to milk singles and twos. He always knows his field settings, very observant of him. That's the secret behind his high strike rate. Of course, by playing international cricket over such a long period of time, he has figured out when and how to hit boundaries. Brain Freezes are rare in his case.

I rate Ravichandran Ashwin higher than Jadeja.
very much agreed to yr post specially the bold part, Ashwin just took 6 wickets today, he can surely bat.
But in ODIs Ashwin or Jadeja won't even get to bat much unlike Sakib whereas in Test as India play way too many tests than us Ashwin might come close to Sakib in the AR ranking.
Old March 2, 2013, 05:52 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Jadeja to Oz der kheye fello. Number une after this series!!!!
Old March 5, 2013, 02:19 AM
Cricket Legend

India is the last team i would support in cricket. But i admire cricket talent no matter where they are from. Jadeja seems like a massive talent. If selectors keep giving him opportunities he ll definitely rise to the top. India has been looking for a genuine all rounder for a long time. Seems like they have found someone.
Old March 6, 2013, 02:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar,Shane Wa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
India is the last team i would support in cricket. But i admire cricket talent no matter where they are from. Jadeja seems like a massive talent. If selectors keep giving him opportunities he ll definitely rise to the top. India has been looking for a genuine all rounder for a long time. Seems like they have found someone.
I won't rate Jadea as a genuine all rounder in tests. He looks like limited batsman despite of his record in domestic cricket. At most he will be choosen in Indian pitches as handy spin bowler who can bat a bit.
Old March 24, 2013, 02:48 AM
Cricket Legend

24 wickets in the series. I wish our SLA's could bowl like this. Keep an eye on this guy.