facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 13, 2004, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.
Default Unselfish Lehmann..selfish chacha

I was reading in diffrent articles written in many cricket sites about how Darren Lehmann is willing to give up his spot for Michael Clarke, thus making it easier for the selectors when Ponting comes back. Its no secret that he is the weakest link in that batting line-up, despite averaging near fifty in test matches. At the same time, Micheal Clarke has arrived and it would be almost impossible now to leave him on the sidelines after his stellar innings in the first test match. So, what does Lehmann do? he takes the higher ground and declares for the sake of his country that they are better off with Clarke, instead of him. Commandable, unselfish and patriotic. He knew the ineviatble was knocking and wants to go out on a higher note.

Then, we have our Chacha. One can recall how selfishly he acted when he was finally booted out of the test team. Everyone recoginzed the fact that he was a burden in the test team, except him. He didn't take the forced exit graciously but created an atmosphere of carricature and circus in the days to follow. His emotional fits were childish and tainted his reputaion for good. He is not an unselfish cricketer though people in our media would like you to think that. I hope he reads about Lehmann and takes time to reflect on it..

Old October 13, 2004, 02:04 PM
Cricket Sage

When I was reading the article on cicinfo about “Darren Lehmann willing to give up his spot for Michael Clarke”, I was also thinking about chacha and how different they are in their attitude as a senior member of the team.

But I wouldn’t call chacha selfish though...

Edited on, October 13, 2004, 7:04 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old October 14, 2004, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

U can't call the guy selfish at all.....Our so called teenage sensations are doing nothing whereas 'chacha' keeps on performing....U see Lehmann has a reason...Ponting who is one of the best in the world is coming back..thats a fair call.....Who will chacha leave his place for..???...Do we have anyone waiting in the wings who will be as good as chacha ???
Old October 14, 2004, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Well i dont think Cacha is any where as good as Lehmann and Lehmann is not selfish. But there are many people that can replace Cacha he is not as good a batsman as he once was. So Nazmul Hossain. Or anyone.
Old October 14, 2004, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

U got me wrong bourny3...I neva sed chacha was anywhere as good as Lehmann...What I said was there is hardly anyone who can fill into chacha's boots at the moment....& we are talking of a third seamer here...I believe Nazmul Hossain is a new ball bowler...newayz...i guess we all have our different opinions...
Old October 14, 2004, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Mahmud's better than Mushfiqur. Although Sujon is normally harmless he is capable of producing a dangerous spell that could undo any batsman. Mushfiqur has 4 ducks this year, equal top with Adam Gilchrist
Old October 14, 2004, 04:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

On that note...haven't Bangladesh only played 4 tests this year?