facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 23, 2006, 08:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default hilarious daily show with jon steward

this is for those who missed the episode or don't watch the show. i don't really watch it either, but my sisters do, so i end up seeing it a lot more than i want/intend.

this episode is hilarious. for those who don't know, the Daily Show airs on Comedy Central in the US and is a satirical news program. albeit with real news.

this one aired a couple of weeks ago and was about President Bush's recent trip to India and Pakistan:

[the words aren't exact, I am summarizing]

Jon Stewart: President Bush has just finished his trip to Pakistan and India and our correspondent has covered his trip. Correspondent, what can you tell us?

Correspondent: Well the President has just finished up his trip to the sub-continent, Jon.

JS: Umm, okay but what happened? Is it correct that President Bush has signed a deal with the Indians for sharing nuclear technology but refused a simialar deal with the Pakistanis?

C: Yes, he did.

JS: What was the logic behind that?

C: Well, Jon, the president said that India and Pakistan have different needs because they are different countries.

JS: India and Pakistan are different countries?

C: Yes indeed, Jon. You see here is a map of asia [map is shown on screen of Indian and Pakistan]. As you can tell this region here is green and this area here is yellow. They are India and Pakistan and they are different colors on the map because they are different countries.

JS: I see. Could the reason that Pakistan was refused nuclear technology have to do with the fact that it is a Muslim country and India is not?

C: Exactly right, Jon.

JS: But why does that matter?

C: Well, this has to do with the War on Terror and the fact that third-world countries are quite unstable. You see, both Pakistan and India are third world countries and hence both are unstable. And instablity breeds hatred. Pakistan is a Muslim country and Muslims are fiercly monothiestic. They worship one God, Allah, and have a tendency to be hateful. But Indians are mostly Hindu. They worship over 3 million dieties, which comes out to 8 and half million arms and legs combined. Their hatred is spread out over many dieties wereas Islamic hatred is confined to one God, one Prophet and is thus more dangerous to us.

JS: Thank you.

Old March 23, 2006, 11:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Some things about the daily show that you'll never learn anywhere else
Old March 24, 2006, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I ama huge fan of jon stewart... here is one of my favorite clip... You need quicktime to play it...

http://www.undergroundclips.com/unde...s_bush_on.html

If you have fast internet speed you can view it from here... click on the bush vs bush thumbnail.
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...jhtml?start=17
Old March 24, 2006, 03:39 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by cricket_pagol
I ama huge fan of jon stewart... here is one of my favorite clip... You need quicktime to play it...

http://www.undergroundclips.com/unde...s_bush_on.html

If you have fast internet speed you can view it from here... click on the bush vs bush thumbnail.
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...jhtml?start=17

those clips are hilarious
Old March 24, 2006, 04:15 AM
Cricket Legend

I haven't missed a show of Daily Show for almost 2 years now. If you like The Daily Show, don't forget to check out his buddy and former Daily Show correspondent Stephen Colbert's "The Colbert Report". This show airs immediately after Jon's show if you are watching in the US or Canada, and is produced by the company owned by Jon. It's just as hilarious, but slightly different. It's more like a supplement to the Daily Show.
Old March 24, 2006, 10:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

I have been watching the daily show for last three years now. It is a very witty show and gives me a different perspective about US politics. Love to watch both his show and also the colbert report every night.