facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 3, 2016, 08:58 AM
Test Cricketer

How many Rohingyans did BD take in before closing the door? There's of course a limit to how many we can give refuge to given our constraints in resources, and it's hard to tell what that limit is. But reading the news, you get the feeling that we can and should do a little more.

Appalled by the silence of nations with more resources and influence.

Old December 3, 2016, 09:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
A wise person once pointed out in BC that our heart bleeds for Palestinians who are 5000 miles away from home when we pay no heed to the ethnic cleansing in our own backyard.
True.

Quote:
In that same spirit, would majority of YOUR heart bleed if they weren't Muslims?
Ethnic cleansing of whoever, wherever is everyone's business. And it should bleed your heart no matter your creed or religion or race.

I'm sure the majority feel that way, but there are always some backwards, extremist morons.

Quote:
As far as Suki, well we just need a scapegoat. That's why when we see humans inhumanely being tethered in ropes and ashen body mingling with dirt, we cannot control our flare and thus we need a scapegoat to put our rage..
lolwut?

Humans feel for other humans suffering and dying. That's natural.

Suki is being questioned because she's a leader with influence.

Quote:
That won't solve a problem. And also I find the duplicity nature puzzling when Bangladeshis themselves won't open doors, yet udar mon uthle athle pore about injustice in foreign land.
Mass rape and murder and not granting refuge are two very different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
And silence isn't always an acquiescence or acknowledgement. That's why we have fifth amendment in the spirit of golden rule of Noble Silence. Just because someone or me, say, keeps quiet doesn't mean I should be coerced to interfere or lest blood be in my hand. What does that kind of judgment say about YOU?

Today, I was in McDonald's and a girl of four or five looked at another younger toddler of another family and utter'd: "Ay, don't be looking at me b----ch" in a ghetto twang of Hispanic accent.

Sure, her parents didn't teach her better and she picked it up from them. But would me going there, dropping my meal, and yelling at her in expletives make the situation any better? But as far as omphaloskepsis goes I did stare at the girl for a long long time and perhaps implicitly gave the signal 'damn right if an adult stares at you, how would you react then, b---ch?' which I shouldn't have done.

At hindsight, me reacting by my long stare was wrong. It was not my place or set, and I should've just mind my own business and let God do his lila.

So does that ffin mean I am all of a sudden I am the culprit had I not reacted in any shape way or form? Some people just don't know how to mind their own business.
What Mufi said. You're equating ethnic cleansing with not telling a parent her kid is a brat at a McDonalds....
Old December 3, 2016, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Look I don't want 2 seem non comapassionate to the Rohingas' don't know that much,media here is pretty quiet.
I agree we should take some,Tony Abbott said no Malcolm Turnbull should say yes.
Just trying to give background to Australia.Its a nice place,but we don't take proper care of even our own people,altho we are not as bad as America.
And yes we do have problems here,lets not sugar coat it,but ppl are warming to take more refugees.
As far as immigrants a lot of wealthy ppl come here or children of wealthy ppl.And as well as economic migrants.
But a warning to those who come,their is bad crime here,we have an ice epidemic in our country,I hope Bangladesh does not follow us and other western countries in having a drug culture.
I used drugs up to 10 years ago,fully rehabilitated,but at least it wasn't ice or heroin.
Old December 7, 2016, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/170740

Myanmar army throwing Rohingya Muslim children into the fire in front of their mothers!

https://youtu.be/5oqFm5XCQww

#WhereAreTheMuslims??

Where are all those who cried when Paris and Orlando was attacked ???

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/170740

Pls sign & forward above petition to suspend the Mayanmar Ambassador from U.K. For the genocide of Rohingya Muslims by Myanmar Army to your contacts
Everyone who is eligible should sign
May not be much but it is something.
Old December 7, 2016, 01:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Won't let me sign the petition,only for British countrymen and women.
Old December 7, 2016, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

^Yes. That's why I wrote 'everyone who is eligible'

Maybe you can use a postcode of UK,if you know a fams or friends. I think it least needs an UK address, postcode. Many people who are permanently here arnt British I know Bdeshi here still have BD passport and they didn't upgrade it to British (which is highly daft not to) but then again this guy is old and can't speak a line of English.
Old December 7, 2016, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Live and let live.
Old December 10, 2016, 08:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
I know Bdeshi here still have BD passport and they didn't upgrade it to British (which is highly daft not to)
I found that hugely offensive. You British Syletis are a seriously obnoxious bunch who believe that your sole purpose in life is to get a British lal passport. And, when you do achieve that, you feel as if you have won the lottery.