facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old May 29, 2006, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara
Question Help needed: building websites

Can you guys give me some suggestions (concrete and precise) about designing nice websites?

For the last one year, I was thinking of having one for myself; but never could manage doing it for many reasons: not enough technical know-how about making nice websites, not having much to say about myself, being quite lazy and not having interest in many many exciting stuffs, and lack of patience and time.
Looking forward for your valuable suggestions. And thanks in advance!

Old May 29, 2006, 05:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Website about you?

You can open a blog site... use wordpress.org blog, it's the best I think.

And if u don't like that idea.. search for free template.. download and edit to your liking.

Also you can always pay me to do your website I think I am the best webmaster after Nasif and Zunaid here. And I don't think you can afford either of them.
Old May 30, 2006, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks, Orphy!
You will certainly save a lot of my time. So, how is the rate?
Old May 30, 2006, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Hey Baundule, we can help you out with specific problems, i don't think "i want an website" will take you anywhere. Anyways

First think you need is:
1)A webhost
and 2) a webaddress

For webaddress: Yahoo is offering for 2.99 per year ck www.yahoo.com to your right.
Most famous is Godaddy.com they charge around 6 dollars I think.
You can also search google and if you get lucky you may even get it cheaper. I registered mine for 1 dollar beat that.

For webhost: Usually webhost package comes with free webaddress.
-you can contact Banglacricket and get their hosting plan for 5 bucks a month. I think if your website is personal and simple with low traffic, you can go with BC.

-I never tried them but if you think you can wait for rebate, this offer sounds tempting:
This link is from www.edealinfo.com, so they probably get something out of it. THe direct link to the promotion:
http://www.globat.com/ds/

you can also just go to www.globat.com and see other package. From the list, I can say that's a lot of features.

I bought a package from http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/ the $3/month one. First week was aweful.. I couldn't connect. Everythibng was down. I was gonna cancel it but after they fixed the prob, their service has been good I think. THough I wouldn't know much as I ck site rarely.

So go ahead, make your decision for hosting. I think BC might be good for you as u won't be cheated. And they may help you out more than other services would (or less actually, I don't know though) and it's very good for personal websites. It also supports BC.

Good Luck.

So make ur decision and let us know. We will be here

And if you have all that - then I just wasted all this time for you! Rate is $100 per post.
Old May 31, 2006, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks a lot, Orphy, for this nice and helpful post.
I actually already have a webhost and a web address (with unlimited space). But I have no experience of web designing and have a very basic knowledge of the technical stuff like ASP or html. I dont like copying some nice webpage and then edit that with my info.

YOu certainly did not waste your time Btw, do you like bank transfer or credit card?
Old June 2, 2006, 07:54 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Baundule, a weblog is always great to have if you want a personal website. Wordpress is free and so you should try that. As for design, you can buy website templates for $50-60 from http://www.templatemonster.com/

Check the personal category, there are plenty of great looking designs.

Good luck
Old June 3, 2006, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks, HB. Yes, you are right. Wordpress is great...quite easy to edit and manage.