facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 31, 2012, 10:33 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Warner's kayesque innings over..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Old August 31, 2012, 06:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Australia cant play spin and Australia also have no spinners.
Old August 31, 2012, 06:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

australia's batting talent is no good atm, warner and wade are probably the best of the youngsters....good fast bowling talent though.
Old August 31, 2012, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

^ they do have the talent. Its just not clicking for them atm. And it certainly doesnt help them when they have no spinners. I rate Aaron Finch very highly. To me he would fit perfectly with Warner at the top of the order. But Matt Wade is doing well so Finch isnt needed atm. Peter Forrest was a good ommision for the team. He is generally too slow. Daniel Harris is another batsmen that can be considered.
Old August 31, 2012, 07:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
^ they do have the talent. Its just not clicking for them atm. And it certainly doesnt help them when they have no spinners. I rate Aaron Finch very highly. To me he would fit perfectly with Warner at the top of the order. But Matt Wade is doing well so Finch isnt needed atm. Peter Forrest was a good ommision for the team. He is generally too slow. Daniel Harris is another batsmen that can be considered.
Yes there is some talent but not nearly as much as there was and it's sort of stagnating and not developing to the next level, will get there eventually but we no longer have the depth of top end talent we had.
Old August 31, 2012, 08:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Yes there is some talent but not nearly as much as there was and it's sort of stagnating and not developing to the next level, will get there eventually but we no longer have the depth of top end talent we had.
Why is that Gowza? Because the Aussie system is really strong and you would think that it would still churn out good players.
Old August 31, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Nic Maddinson is someone to look out for in the future.
Old August 31, 2012, 11:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Why is that Gowza? Because the Aussie system is really strong and you would think that it would still churn out good players.
not sure exactly, possibly due to less competition, since a lot of national players have retired the competition for spots isn't as great. the thing is we were spoilt for talent, especially batting talent. we had one or two generations that overlapped and dominated the international scene and domestic scene. pretty much all those players have gone now i mean mike and dave hussey are there and ponting is there for tests but they're on the decline, the only other one i can think of from the top of my head is chris rogers but he's been pushed aside for guys like warner, wade, cowan, watson (who they stick by because he was always seen as blessed with so much talent but was never on the park to realise it until now but it turns out he's not as consistent just like the others).

previously we would have been able to make 2 or 3 teams that could be competitive, now we struggle to make one. i think lack of competition is one, and possibly players have less drive....a lot of young aussies have been able to get picked up by IPL teams without even really proving themselves in the aussie domestic structure.
Old August 31, 2012, 11:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Nic Maddinson is someone to look out for in the future.
i agree he is a bright prospect.
Old September 2, 2012, 07:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
not sure exactly, possibly due to less competition, since a lot of national players have retired the competition for spots isn't as great. the thing is we were spoilt for talent, especially batting talent. we had one or two generations that overlapped and dominated the international scene and domestic scene. pretty much all those players have gone now i mean mike and dave hussey are there and ponting is there for tests but they're on the decline, the only other one i can think of from the top of my head is chris rogers but he's been pushed aside for guys like warner, wade, cowan, watson (who they stick by because he was always seen as blessed with so much talent but was never on the park to realise it until now but it turns out he's not as consistent just like the others).

previously we would have been able to make 2 or 3 teams that could be competitive, now we struggle to make one. i think lack of competition is one, and possibly players have less drive....a lot of young aussies have been able to get picked up by IPL teams without even really proving themselves in the aussie domestic structure.
Thanks for your input. It seems like its just a transitional phase for Australia with a lot of the great players now on the decline and the struggle of being able to find class batsmen. Once the younger players start establishing themselves in the team, than I think we'll see Australia back to being a good team. I really want Australia to be good again because they were so much fun to watch back in the day. I'm sure a lot of people are wishing the same thing I am.
Old September 2, 2012, 07:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Thanks for your input. It seems like its just a transitional phase for Australia with a lot of the great players now on the decline and the struggle of being able to find class batsmen. Once the younger players start establishing themselves in the team, than I think we'll see Australia back to being a good team. I really want Australia to be good again because they were so much fun to watch back in the day. I'm sure a lot of people are wishing the same thing I am.
they'll be a good team again, but it will be tough for the current players to reach the heights of the recent retiree's. at current there's no sign of a good spinner coming through, and all of the young batsmen are struggling to transition to international cricket. our pacers are doing the best, i think wadey will do well to.
Old September 2, 2012, 08:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
they'll be a good team again, but it will be tough for the current players to reach the heights of the recent retiree's. at current there's no sign of a good spinner coming through, and all of the young batsmen are struggling to transition to international cricket. our pacers are doing the best, i think wadey will do well to.
Well Lyon's a very good spinner and should be in the limited overs teams. As for the young batsmen, Warner is adjusting to all the formats pretty well. Cowan recently did well on the England Lions tour and looks like a solid option as a Test opener. Agreed that Wade looks very good. Bailey is also improving a good amount. And if Hughes can translate his domestic scores in to international scores, then the guy could really be a force in international cricket. So I think give those guys a little time, and then we'll start to see some results.
Old September 2, 2012, 08:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Well Lyon's a very good spinner and should be in the limited overs teams. As for the young batsmen, Warner is adjusting to all the formats pretty well. Cowan recently did well on the England Lions tour and looks like a solid option as a Test opener. Agreed that Wade looks very good. Bailey is also improving a good amount. And if Hughes can translate his domestic scores in to international scores, then the guy could really be a force in international cricket. So I think give those guys a little time, and then we'll start to see some results.
i really what khawaja and smith to come through to. khawaja could be a long term #3. smith could be a really good finisher at #5 or #6.
Old September 2, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
i really what khawaja and smith to come through to. khawaja could be a long term #3. smith could be a really good finisher at #5 or #6.
Forgot about those 2. Ya they both seem really good. Khawaja for some reason struggled but I feel he'll be a good batsman at the highest level. And unfortunately Smith couldn't replicate his success from the IPL but feel he'll come good as well.
Old September 3, 2012, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

The future of the Aussie Cricket Team Test's
1. David Warner
2. Ed Cowan
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Shane Watson
5. Michael Clarke (c)
6. Michael Hussey
7. Matthew Wade (wk)
8. Peter Siddle
9. James Pattinson
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Pat Cummins

Fringes: Ben Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Starc, Ryan Harris

Future ODI team
1. David Warner
2. Matthew Wade (wk)
3. Shane Watson
4. Michael Clarke (c)
5. George Bailey
6. Michael Hussey
7. Dave Hussey
8. James Pattinson
9. Ben Hilfenhaus
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Pat Cummins

Fringes: Shaun Marsh, Steve Smith, Ryan Harris, Callum Ferguson, Mitchell Johnson

I reckon Watson will be pushed down the order in the near future. I really want Ferguson in the team but i dont think the selectors will pick him.
Old September 4, 2012, 01:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Not really surprised to see Pakistan lose the decider in familiar conditions. If you can't put enough runs on the board after such a solid opening partnership, you're bound to lose. Sending a proven failure (with the bat) like Afridi at number 3 was the beginning of the F-up. Only Pakistan would send him up before either of the Akmal brothers.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 4, 2012, 02:30 AM
Cricket Guru

didn't afridi use to open? probably why they thought it's be ok to send him higher, he has shots but as his record shows he's not nearly consistent enough as a batsman, especially to play such a crucial role as a #3.
Old September 4, 2012, 03:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Pakistan needed to score quickly so sending in the regular number 3 or 4 wasn't in the cards. Both of the Akmal brothers are far more consistent than Afridi. I can't even remember the last time he has had success as a top order batsman. In fact, the last time he scored a 50 was when he came in at 7 about 10 matches ago against England. 7 of those 10 innings consist of 3 ducks and 4 single figure scores, not counting the 2*.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 4, 2012, 04:36 AM
Cricket Legend

now i have to add Glen Maxwell to the future Aussie side.
Old September 5, 2012, 09:05 AM
Test Cricketer

T20s start today. Will give a good indication of what awaits us against Pakistan in World Cup. Think Afridi will be given a rest since he injured his left hand in the last ODI.

Will be interesting to see if Raza Hasan is given a chance but that looks unlikely seeing Pakistans think tank unwilling to experiment.
Old September 5, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
The future of the Aussie Cricket Team Test's
1. David Warner
2. Ed Cowan
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Shane Watson
5. Michael Clarke (c)
6. Michael Hussey
7. Matthew Wade (wk)
8. Peter Siddle
9. James Pattinson
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Pat Cummins

Fringes: Ben Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Starc, Ryan Harris

Future ODI team
1. David Warner
2. Matthew Wade (wk)
3. Shane Watson
4. Michael Clarke (c)
5. George Bailey
6. Michael Hussey
7. Dave Hussey
8. James Pattinson
9. Ben Hilfenhaus
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Pat Cummins

Fringes: Shaun Marsh, Steve Smith, Ryan Harris, Callum Ferguson, Mitchell Johnson

I reckon Watson will be pushed down the order in the near future. I really want Ferguson in the team but i dont think the selectors will pick him.
clarke is 31, watson is 31, mike hussey is 37, dave hussey is 35, cowan is 30, harris is 32 about 33 in not to long, bailey is about to be 30, johnson will be 31 later this year.

the hussey brothers especially won't be around for much longer. when we talk future we should be looking at the 25 year olds and younger to see who has it in them to have substantially lengthy careers. most of australia's better talent is still the older brigade but even they aren't at heights of past generations i mean compare cowan to someone like langer or mike hussey, compare bailey to ponting, martyn, hodge etc they're not as good a quality and they are our better guys. thing is the younger generation seem to be following in the cowan and bailey sort of footsteps instead of the langers and pontings. not saying there aren't any talents, but there is no doubt the current generation and the next generation haven't developed to the levels of where the aussie team has been for the last 15-20 years.
Old September 5, 2012, 12:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.
T20s start today. Will give a good indication of what awaits us against Pakistan in World Cup. Think Afridi will be given a rest since he injured his left hand in the last ODI.

Will be interesting to see if Raza Hasan is given a chance but that looks unlikely seeing Pakistans think tank unwilling to experiment.
And I am wrong as Raza Hasan is given a chance and picks up his second wicket. Strong strong contendor for the T20 World Cup are Pakistan !
Old September 5, 2012, 12:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

oh dear Australia!!!!

8 down -and only 81 runs!!! minnow er cheyeo minnow
Old September 5, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

bold out for 89 - disgraceful
Old September 5, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cricket Guru

horrible from australia, raza hasan did pretty decent for a debut.