facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 19, 2021, 04:47 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Bitcoin is the better choice for value investor. But I’m perfectly happy with my miner stocks. Most of them grew well over 25% just this week alone. I was in on riot when it was trading under 10 dollars. I can see it going to 100 in the near future.

Old March 7, 2021, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Bitcoin is the better choice for value investor. But I’m perfectly happy with my miner stocks. Most of them grew well over 25% just this week alone. I was in on riot when it was trading under 10 dollars. I can see it going to 100 in the near future.
It's funny to hear when someone mentions bitcoin as value play but I understand what u are saying. And the last few sessions in the market kinda proves why these miner stocks can easily get detached from the actual coin.

Also over long term let's say 4 years, they woulnd't be a superior investment because their revenue should go down. Miners sell their btc after mining - that's how they make money. With btc halving, meaning, less btc are rewarded per blocked mined, their future revenue is only bound to go down (even though it may be countered only by a rising btc price).

I just can't see it as a long term play. Short term hold - hell yeah... hold for 5 + years, I am not too sure.. Meanwhile I have set up auto purchase of weekly bitcoin as part of my portfolio just like I do with stocks.
Old March 9, 2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
It's funny to hear when someone mentions bitcoin as value play but I understand what u are saying. And the last few sessions in the market kinda proves why these miner stocks can easily get detached from the actual coin.

Also over long term let's say 4 years, they woulnd't be a superior investment because their revenue should go down. Miners sell their btc after mining - that's how they make money. With btc halving, meaning, less btc are rewarded per blocked mined, their future revenue is only bound to go down (even though it may be countered only by a rising btc price).

I just can't see it as a long term play. Short term hold - hell yeah... hold for 5 + years, I am not too sure.. Meanwhile I have set up auto purchase of weekly bitcoin as part of my portfolio just like I do with stocks.
Have to disagree there about miners needing to sell their bitcoins. In fact most miners are now holding their bitcoins. Even after every bitcoin is mined you’ll need the miners for the network. The idea is simple as mining gets harder, price of bitcoin will rise further which itself should make mining still profitable. 5+ year of being vested in miners might not be such a bad idea if you fundamentally think bitcoin price will keep going up.
Old March 9, 2021, 05:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Have to disagree there about miners needing to sell their bitcoins. In fact most miners are now holding their bitcoins. Even after every bitcoin is mined you’ll need the miners for the network. The idea is simple as mining gets harder, price of bitcoin will rise further which itself should make mining still profitable. 5+ year of being vested in miners might not be such a bad idea if you fundamentally think bitcoin price will keep going up.
Can you back up this claim that miners are not selling their mined bitcoin for revenue? So how are they making money? What percentage of revenue do they make via network fees as opposed to selling coins in open market? If they keep majority of their mined coin, then i will buy your argument that it can be a good loong term investment.

With rising btc price, the miners will still be profitable, that is not the argument -ratheer whether their stock price can be justified by the margin of their profit.

Holding the coin itself - u worry about nothing else but supply and demand for the coin. For RIOT, it's a company that you have to evaluate just like any other publically traded company on the planet.

For context:
Btc gained 14,000 % last 5 years.
Riot gained 1,900 % in that time frame.

that is a big disconnect eventhough the direction maybe the same.

Boviously going forward the rate of return won't be like this. BTC will eventually flat out and stablizine at certain level. With each halving, the mining cost would just keep rising and eventually will falter at some time in future. There will be an inflection point where the miner will be at maximum profit margin for btc mining... only thing is companies will eventually venture to other currencies as this simple fact about btc is realized.

Good luck. And I own both. And i have significantly upped my crypto hold. But i don't worry about btc or eth. But riot, I went in and out atleast 5x last month.
Old March 13, 2021, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Currently priced at just above 60k. What a run. So who is rich yet ? Where is zman already retired ? Where is sportingbd? Still saving his cash for a market crash ? Where is that australian kid who buys like a 90 year old retirees but balls himself gman?

Come out and give us updates .. muhahaha.
Old April 14, 2021, 11:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

bitcoin is da shiee
Old April 15, 2021, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

alt coins are equally interesting but has much higher risk. Ethereum i think outperforming btc. BUt eth is a big dog in alt verse.

I have managed to accumulate 5% of my portfolio to crypto. I wish I had 95 to 5% coin to stocks from performance gain. Biggest miss of my investing life. Not that I didn't know about them.. just didn't delve in. that's the prob.

anyways still better than 95% of ppl out there - technically when i went in with all the institution guys aka smart money.. :p
Old April 16, 2021, 08:12 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I invested 70 on Doge when it was 0.04 for fun. Wish I invested more
Old April 17, 2021, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I invested 70 on Doge when it was 0.04 for fun. Wish I invested more
congrats. that's mroe than 10x return yesterday before the sell off. Not a joke for sure. you can make serious money with some of these alt coin.

Just need some easy money that you don't care about - like some revenue from only fans.
Old May 5, 2021, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

doge coin is on fire. Its getting to serious money all of a sudden.
Old May 6, 2021, 01:02 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
doge coin is on fire. Its getting to serious money all of a sudden.
Extremely risky play..Looking forward to see what it does on this coming saturday..I am enjoying the ride though
Old September 3, 2021, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

ppl doing any other cryptos?? Cryptos and NFTs can make serious mioney.

I currently own bitcoin, ethereum , cardano, dogecoin, chainlink.

Need to catch some alt coins that rapidly rises ie Solano this year. Not into it deep enogh - only follow periphery - thats the prob unlike the US stock market which i dive deep into. And u miss these things.

But besides chainlink I am up significantlhy on all of them....
Old October 11, 2021, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Bitcoin back above 55K. On its way to 75K soon. $$$$
Old October 19, 2021, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Bitcoin back above 55K. On its way to 75K soon. $$$$
BTC almost at 64K. closing in on all time high. Is no one excited? We have touched on bitcoin since 2013 when priced in 300 or so. LOL

Visiting Banglacricket should make you rich.
Old October 28, 2021, 08:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
BTC almost at 64K. closing in on all time high. Is no one excited? We have touched on bitcoin since 2013 when priced in 300 or so. LOL

Visiting Banglacricket should make you rich.
wish understood this back then and followed you. any upcoming crypto like that for future. btw if you buy do you have to report it with Sam chacha.
Old October 30, 2021, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Hi, SS nice seeing you here. Yes you have to and you should report any gains or loss to IRS.

Actually I didn't understand myself completely either. I realized I am a lot lot more conservative than I thought I was.

I feel very lucky and blessed to be where I am today in terms of my career and finances but I am no where close to where I should have been given the how long I have been doing this (since pre teen).

Anyways I don't follow most alt coin besides the big ones. Bitcoin and Ethereum. those are my major holding. BTC actually became a decent amount for me - i had gotten in at 7K and added more at 19K and some more at 30k. NOt adding anymore, actually looking to sell soon.
Ethereum got in at 350 then added at 1800.

There is no magic. Just persistance and patience, some gut to withstand volatility and downmarket and a bit of luck - and it's almost guranteed to make money i believe. We literally just experiencing one of the greatest Bull market in history. And now a social media/virality and gamification of the market/crypto has entered the equation and you gotta change your thinking slightly - those old dividend income tactics aren't simply good enough. You will be left behind.
Old November 8, 2021, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Over long term RIOT will lose=.
Going back on my posts on investing in bitcoin directly vs investing in miners as a play. The prediction was spot on and in that short time.

BtC all time high again. RIOT is at half the value from then. This is where understanding of market dynamics would play dividend for investors.

BTC ETF is out. So one can invest in the ETF - which is a good idea also but those miners long term play are bad idea over buying the actual coin..
Old November 8, 2021, 10:31 AM

I try to steer away from btc etf as it’s not a true etf. Pro shares etf sucks as it’s more based on futures. Just buy and hold bitcoin.
Old November 8, 2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Going back on my posts on investing in bitcoin directly vs investing in miners as a play. The prediction was spot on and in that short time.

BtC all time high again. RIOT is at half the value from then. This is where understanding of market dynamics would play dividend for investors.

BTC ETF is out. So one can invest in the ETF - which is a good idea also but those miners long term play are bad idea over buying the actual coin..
You were right with RIOT but MARA which is similar to that of RIOT is trading at 60 bucks a share. I also don’t think mining stocks are worth it long term. But the IVs on them are insane. Premiums weekly on covered call is enough reason alone to owning some of them.
Old November 8, 2021, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You were right with RIOT but MARA which is similar to that of RIOT is trading at 60 bucks a share. I also don’t think mining stocks are worth it long term. But the IVs on them are insane. Premiums weekly on covered call is enough reason alone to owning some of them.
Yeah. If u go back I wrote that I would trade the miners (not ignore them) ..I did it myself while holding btc and eth coin. You are absolutely right ... With high volatility you can get higher premium but that's true for any volatile stock not just crypto related ones . Specially the meme stocks.

Ev stocks battery alt energy lately going through some price actions... Govt push for green deals..

Anyways I am happy. There is no wrong when u end up making money . That's all it matter ultimately