facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2011, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Okay, what is a 'must-win' game? A game that you HAVE TO win.

Now which games do you HAVE TO win? Games that, if lost, would kick you out of the competition and Shakib DID NOT think that WI game was one such game.

Shakib was rather instilling belief in his team that they are capable of beating England and SA as well, so even if they would end up losing to WI there still would be chance of making a comeback.

Now how does this sound?

Old March 5, 2011, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
Never mind. Won't bother explaining. I forgive the people for calling me "Indian."
Can't be bothered digging up those posts.
Well, there will always be people with opposing views. And most of the time the opposers are the ones that would let you know their views. The ones that agree would rather keep quiet as there's nothing new to say.
Old March 5, 2011, 08:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T

Now which games do you HAVE TO win? Games that, if lost, would kick you out of the competition and Shakib DID NOT think that WI game was one such game.

Shakib was rather instilling belief in his team that they are capable of beating England and SA as well, so even if they would end up losing to WI there still would be chance of making a comeback.

Now how does this sound?
Nevermind. So far only Fazal bhai makes sense.
Old March 5, 2011, 08:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Which part of my post didn't make sense? Lol, okay leave it.

Let's just hope things get back to normal next Friday.
Old March 5, 2011, 08:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hakan Yakin

Quote:

Now how does this sound?
ENG game is not a "must win" game. Therefore, it's perfectly fine if they all get out for 100 runs. We can always thrash the Dutch and the Saffers to get to quarters.
Old March 5, 2011, 09:00 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:

Now how does this sound?
Woah, nice bro!!!!!!
Actually, he never had a defeatist mentality, but it just backfired.....even personally, i felt it wasnt wrong...but now, he, and all of us, learnt our lesson....am sure he wont repeat...
Old March 5, 2011, 09:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matinsux
eng game is not a "must win" game. Therefore, it's perfectly fine if they all get out for 100 runs. We can always thrash the dutch and the saffers to get to quarters.
lol
Old March 5, 2011, 09:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here? You mean in BC? Don't think so mate. We criticise our players head to bottom without skipping even the smallest of parts all day night here. But it's the criticism done for the sake of it is what most of us are against.
We criticise when they fail and we also appreciate when they succeed. Thats what fans do. There is nothing wrong with it. We are not booing or throwing stones. Criticising your team doesn't mean you don't believe in your team. Its like parent-children relationship.
Old March 5, 2011, 11:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

BC needs a top to bottom clean up.... To many jonjals...
Old March 6, 2011, 12:02 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatinSux
ENG game is not a "must win" game. Therefore, it's perfectly fine if they all get out for 100 runs. We can always thrash the Dutch and the Saffers to get to quarters.
If ENG beats SA, then beating NED and SA does not get us into QF.
Old March 6, 2011, 12:05 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I think everything that had to be said has been said. Let's not beat a dead horse. It will not help. Let's leave the postmortem for after the WC.

Let's support Shakib and the team and hopefully, they will win the required matches to get into the QF.
Old March 6, 2011, 01:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

What really a captain can say after such a defeat.
Old March 6, 2011, 02:18 AM
Banned

shakib tomar jonno ak botol daruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, khao ar buje kotha bolo....beta sagol...dhurrrr.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Before the WI match he was like how this isn't a must win game. The way he said it as if getting bowled out for 58 runs wasn't exactly a big deal. Not too surprisingly that's exactly what they did. However, suddenly after the thrashing Shakib's tone changed. Here have a look.

"West Indies played well. Our poor batting was behind the defeat,"--no kidding

"We had a plan to bat first and pile up a total of 250 runs for West Indies to chase, but it didn't happen. The only good thing for us this time was winning the toss." --no you never had any plans to begin with since for you it wasn't after all an important game. The way you and co batted there was no sign of planning to post 250. And the sarcasm about the toss isn't funny at all.

"Our chances are still there…I know it has become much harder… But we haven't lost the hope." --Oh you genius! A not-so-must-win game has now all of a sudden made it much harder out of the blue for you to qualify to quarters. Go figure!

"We'll be able to play in the quarterfinals if we can win two matches out of the next three,"--oh yeah and while you are at it try not to embarrass us against the Dutch because that will not be forgiven by any means.

Finally, WC dreams are pretty much over. Get your acts together and give the English a thrashing of your life. Maybe then I'll forgive your 58 runs rout in front of the home crowd.
Source: http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?id=188921&cid=26

Cheers,
Point 1 : what is he meant to say, players get asked questions...and yes it was obvious, but he still has to answer the question. They bowled well, we batted ****.

Point 2: How do you know, we didn't have a plan? Tamim played as he always does...sometimes it comes off...sometimes it doesn't...he got out, and then we lost a couple of other quick wickets, and were up against it, before we could take a breath and step back. Also nothing wrong with humour, especially if it is factual, the toss was the only thing to go right from us, wanting a solid start and collapsing in a heap is the very definition of things not going your way.

Point 3: How is it that so many people are reading so much into this 'not a must win match' comment...ALL captains/coaches in all sports say this to try to take the heat out of the moment...Whether you are in the NFL and coaching the Patriots or Sir AleX Ferguson tonight before the match against the scouse scum at Anfield.

They know it is a big match...all kinds of nervous energy around, no point in screaming this is it lads...do or die...FOR SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Point 4: Should he now say..."we will realistically only win the match against the Dutch, so lets give the Saffers and the English walkovers, and rest up? Of course he has to say we stand a chance...

It's like the guy can't win, no matter what he says.

As for forgiveness....I love how the automatic assumption is we care more than the players, and are owed something. I don't think Shakib owes me anything....He can't help it if I live vicariously through the success and failures of the team, he didn't ask me to.

He is the captain of a side, co-hosting the tournament, I cannot imagine his disappointment and sadness at our sad demise in this tournament. Not just his, but the entire team...this is what these players do, money is great, but they play the sport because they love it...that's why he would have 1st started to play cricket in Magura, not because he was going to be captain of Bangladesh, play county cricket, get rich.

You play the sport because in the backyard you dream of hitting the winning runs or taking the last wicket in a World Cup...so for fans to demand he apologize, look more crestfallen is a joke.
Old March 6, 2011, 03:41 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Before the WI match he was like how this isn't a must win game. The way he said it as if getting bowled out for 58 runs wasn't exactly a big deal. Not too surprisingly that's exactly what they did. However, suddenly after the thrashing Shakib's tone changed. Here have a look.

"We had a plan to bat first and pile up a total of 250 runs for West Indies to chase, but it didn't happen. The only good thing for us this time was winning the toss." --no you never had any plans to begin with since for you it wasn't after all an important game. The way you and co batted there was no sign of planning to post 250. And the sarcasm about the toss isn't funny at all.

"Our chances are still there…I know it has become much harder… But we haven't lost the hope." --Oh you genius! A not-so-must-win game has now all of a sudden made it much harder out of the blue for you to qualify to quarters. Go figure!

"We'll be able to play in the quarterfinals if we can win two matches out of the next three,"--oh yeah and while you are at it try not to embarrass us against the Dutch because that will not be forgiven by any means.

Finally, WC dreams are pretty much over. Get your acts together and give the English a thrashing of your life. Maybe then I'll forgive your 58 runs rout in front of the home crowd.

Cheers,
lkeep digging you'll find more i can assure you.. Theres a proverb like this " You'll See What you want See" something like this.. so if you want do this kind of analysis to find his negative side surely you'll find more...
Old March 6, 2011, 03:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

@F6 Turbo

Well said. I hope the 'fans' get some relief crucifying Shakib.
Old March 6, 2011, 05:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Well-said.
The same captain said in India game that he thought his fast bowlers will give 2 quick wickets, and then spinners will be in effect. How can one think he can have quick wickets or can not describe the plan what happens if there is no wickets.

Quote:

Cheers,
Old March 6, 2011, 12:28 PM
Test Cricketer

"Because we wanted to get out. Because we felt it would be good for the team if we got out, and because we heard the lunch was good and we wanted to have a bite," said the Bangladesh captain.

Shakib seriously is very immature. Don't think he cares about this world cup, the whole thing must be a joke to him.

You guys scored freaking 58 in 18.5 overs, at least don't joke about it, you are the captain of Bangladesh, doesn't mean anything to him. Even Ashraful wouldn't have said anything like that.
Old March 6, 2011, 12:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

jitle shobkichu valo lage....harle shob kichu tita lage
Old March 6, 2011, 04:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Mushfique, Liton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Bro, I'm at a loss here. How is it possible that such an insinuating letter could be 'intended' to serve a good purpose! Yes, inadvertently, it is poosible that some good may derive from this. But, generally, I found the letter to be patronizing, spiteful and narrow-minded. Therefore, the assumption of Habibul Bashar being its author all the more disturbing. Bashar deserves much better than this.

Anyway, lets hope this madness subsides soon. We still need to focus on the job in hands and get behind the team. Shakib and the rest has got us into this mess but who is better than them to bring us out of it! I believe the boys are more than capable of working a miracle here, Insha Allah.

I did not want to get offended during the WC at anything. But cant help . I am shocked to say the least.
Old March 6, 2011, 04:09 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

^^^bro pls delete the pic...
Old March 6, 2011, 04:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
why?
This shows Shakib's true face, a captain shouldn't be doing that. Would you expect Dhoni to do that to the home crowd? what a shameless and misbehaved player.
Old March 6, 2011, 04:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Why?!
Old March 6, 2011, 04:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Mushfique, Liton

Quote:
Why? Check my earlier posts. I have always been a very very optimistic person about Bangladesh cricket. I have seen the ages of Nannu, Akram, Bulbul. I have seen my team got blasted off infinite no.'s of times. But never stopped believing. But I dont know why I cannot bear it anymore. I have lost all the respects for Sakib the best cricketer of all time.

Mods: Please delete the pic if its outside of the rules of BC. Thanks.
Old March 6, 2011, 04:19 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujon

I did not want to get offended during the WC at anything. But cant help . I am shocked to say the least.
Shakib should be sacked from Captaincy immediately the world cup. He should be never made captain again.

He does not deserve to lead the national team after making such a disgraceful gesture to the home fan. Playing for the national team brings plenty of responsibility. A captain should lead by example, both on the field and off the field.