facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2011, 08:33 AM
Street Cricketer

Default The shame is too much to bear

Why, why, why are we such an awful team? The whole lot are useless and fill me with nothing but shame. Tamim has to be the most overrated player I have ever come across. It is one thing to lose, but it is another to lose with no dignity. Twice in this world cup we have scored below 80 setting records for all the wrong reasons.

What makes my blood boil is the attitude of the players. Shakib after the WI games said "when we play badly the fans are not happy with us" (or words to that effect) whilst smiling. Even today they were smiling as they walked off the pitch. They were raised with no assemblance of pride and are an undignified and disgraceful lot. The SA players took pity on the BD team and shook ther hands after the game. If I were a SA player, I would not let a BD player lick the sole of my shoes let alone shake my hand.

People say that we didn't play that badly by winning three games. If you look at it we beat the teams we were expecting to beat (Ire and Neth) and just about (I personally think it was luck) beat England. I mean, in the last world cup in 2007 we managed to beat India and SA doing much better than this time so how can anyone take any positives from this!

We are a disgrace as a team, the laughing stock of world cricket and are the butt of ALL jokes from ALL other test playing nations (and a few associate teams as well). We do not deserve test status, Ireland do. They may lose as much as us, but at least the play with digity and lose on their feet, unlike BD who like nothing better than to lay on their backs and get kicked repeatedly.

Today, if they had lost by 50 runs or even managed to score 200, I would have been a sad BD fan but not a disgraced one, but they couldn't even score 80. I am ashamed of the BD team and I am tired, year after year, of being ashamed.

In 2007 (I was 20) and had hoped and dreamed I would see BD win a world cup before I turned 30. Now, at the age of 23, I fully expect they will not even get to a semi-final before I die. The shame is too much to bear.
Old March 19, 2011, 08:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Chill mate...within a month....u will be back sing songs of praises for this very same team
Old March 19, 2011, 08:43 AM
Banned

Seem to be a horrible trend of getting folded for under 100 in pressure situation. I was hoping with these lot of talented players we have improved but this is Bangladesh of the old.
Old March 19, 2011, 08:47 AM
Administrator

mu1987 - that is a bit of too much self-flagellation for me to watch. We did "porely" - but in a relative sense, our expectations were rightly high and we did not meet them.
Old March 19, 2011, 08:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

such a massive such for bd cricket the team got bowld out twice for less 100! All the good, hard work against nz before w.cup has gone down the drain. some outsiders, even people that support bd would be thinking, did this team realy beat nz 4-0? and how on-earth did they do that? Judging by the performance in this world cup they were shocking and were apalling with the bat especialy.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 19, 2011, 09:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

We just not only lost the match…we lost our believe…lost pride….humiliate 160 million people not only once…twice…Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me…I feel shamed.
Old March 19, 2011, 09:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

first of all calleng these players Tigers is an insult to our pride "Royal Bengal Tigers",secondly comparing these losers to Freedom Fighters is a crime.
Old March 19, 2011, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
comparing these losers to Freedom Fighters is a crime.
Did someone really do it?
Old March 19, 2011, 09:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

I'm also worried about the future. The next two world cups will be held in Australia/New Zealand and England, and it will be very difficult for us to compete in those conditions. Therefore I think we should stop preparing these slow low pitches with 3/4 left arm spinners in the side. Otherwise we are doomed in the long run.
Old March 19, 2011, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

For gods sake we need to stop bringing in a spinner every few months

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 19, 2011, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Feeling same here, very depressing. Whats worse is we are one of the hosts

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 19, 2011, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Bottomline is, we all have lost clue of where we stand ryt now and what we should do.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 19, 2011, 09:43 AM
Test Cricketer

we suck as a batting side.
Don't tell me we are a young team cause we are not. we have been playing test cricket for last 10+ yrs.
we should refrain from playing any test and only concentrate on ODIs starting with the associate teams.
Our batting has no backbone and we won't be able to stand straight without a spinal cord.
Old March 19, 2011, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
we suck as a batting side.
Don't tell me we are a young team cause we are not. we have been playing test cricket for last 10+ yrs.
Wow, that's some logic.

How many of the current team members have played 5+ years of cricket?
Old March 19, 2011, 11:02 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Wow, that's some logic.

How many of the current team members have played 5+ years of cricket?
7 out of 15! Not a bad percentage.

Mohammad Ashraful (2001)
Shahriar Nafees (2005)
Shakib Al Hasan (2006)
Mushfiqur Rahim (2006)
Abdur Razzak (2004)
Tamim Iqbal (2007)
Nazmul Hossain (2004)

i wonder How many of the current team members of SA have played 5+ years of cricket?
Old March 19, 2011, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikfaisal
7 out of 15! Not a bad percentage.

Mohammad Ashraful (2001)
Shahriar Nafees (2005)
Shakib Al Hasan (2006)
Mushfiqur Rahim (2006)
Abdur Razzak (2004)
Tamim Iqbal (2007)
Nazmul Hossain (2004)

i wonder How many of the current team members of SA have played 5+ years of cricket?
Smith
Amla
Kallis
Duminy
Botha
Robbie P
Steyn
AB
Morkel
Wan Vyk
10-15 ie.

All made debut before 2007. The difference is that they didn't have to rush young players before gaining enough experience in the domestic level. Tahir has been playing like for ages of first class cricket and debuted in the 30's now. Same with Tsotsobe. The only exception being Parnell who's 21 or 22.
Old March 19, 2011, 09:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

We're back at square one ... Typical isn't it? We were at square two, but now we're back-- Flight of the Concords.

I am disappointed, should have qualified to the next round but we won half of our matches. Matches against Ireland & England were nerve shattering experience. A lot of good memories. Some horrific too
Old March 19, 2011, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

We don't deserve to play QF. It is proven, it is the fact! Reality bites, but then its time to look our real face at the mirror. WI not winning against England was a blessing in disguise for our cricket. Now its time for us to go back to drawing room and sort the basic problems out. Period!

One other thing is to add that our cricketing future is shambled as long as Loitta and his sycophants run BCB.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old March 19, 2011, 09:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

don't think we need to worry abt our bowling much,we desperately need to find better btsmen.
Old March 19, 2011, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Apologies to the thread opener, for the shame that Bangladesh cricket team has given you. Hopefully you will be delighted to know how the rest of the country and the 'system' makes us jubilant every other day.

As Zunaid bhai said, the expectations were high and rightly so. I think the players weren't mentally strong enough to take the load of the expectations. The shoulders of Shafiul, Shakib, Tamim aren't strong enough to support 160 million yet. But this is a good team, and once the bandwagon riders get off, we will see some amazing days. Australia visits us in April, hopefully that will be the start of an amazing journey.
Old March 19, 2011, 10:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
As Zunaid bhai said, the expectations were high and rightly so. I think the players weren't mentally strong enough to take the load of the expectations. The shoulders of Shafiul, Shakib, Tamim aren't strong enough to support 160 million yet. But this is a good team, and once the bandwagon riders get off, we will see some amazing days. Australia visits us in April, hopefully that will be the start of an amazing journey.
Finally, some voice of sanity.

Totally agree with this. The issue this team has is that they have no seniors to guide them and take the pressure. Yes, it makes a big difference - see how Younis and Misbah's inclusion has turned Pakistan's fortunes around. Without them, their batting collapsed like a deck of cards every now and then.

When we played Zimbabwe sending in our top young players like Kohli, Raina, Sharma etc - and they lost. Such is the pressure playing without our seniors.

Changes needs to be made, but nothing drastic. The core of the team should remain the same (Tamim, Shakib, Imrul, Shafiul, Rubel) and gain experience. So give it a rest, have faith in your team.
Old March 19, 2011, 12:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Absolutely! A couple of things are clear.

1. Despite all pronouncements to the contrary, the players are unable to handle the pressure and expectations in an environment where they no longer were the rank under-dogs.

2. On the tactical front, perhaps our team has become too 'one-dimensional' and predictable.

Going forward we need to assess the balance of our side but any changes will have to thoughtful and in an orderly manner. We need to ensure that the players learn the right lessons from this experience and become better players for it - even those who find themselves out of the team in the next little while.

Also IMO not all is lost. A number of top teams will be experiencing 'turn-overs' in the next year or two and that IMO opinion will level the playing field just that little bit and perhaps make the game more competitive. This is inevitable. Look at Australia! By persisting with a core group who have now played together for last 5 odd years we may be well-positioned to close the gap considerably.

Also, goes without saying, we need to keep investing in our domestic leagues and more importantly in our 'school' cricket for the long-term health of our game.

Anyways, life goes on...this is just a game...this too shall pass...so on and so forth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Apologies to the thread opener, for the shame that Bangladesh cricket team has given you. Hopefully you will be delighted to know how the rest of the country and the 'system' makes us jubilant every other day.

Old March 19, 2011, 10:03 AM
Club Cricketer

Relax dude!! Your expectations were tad unrealistic. Bangladesh needs few years. Right now they have some talent but long way to go
Old March 19, 2011, 10:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

"If I were a SA player, I would not let a BD player lick the sole of my shoes let alone shake my hand."

That's a bit much. That kind of arrogant and proud attitude, which is so prevalent in our society, is one of the things which brings us the most shame.

It sucks how easily we lost. It also sucks that we're attacking the players so much, when they're hurting the most. They know they have more talent than this and they've disappointed themselves the most.
Old March 19, 2011, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

I maxed out on my shame quota after the WI match so this barely makes an impact.

Now WI losing to Eng seems like a blessing in disguise. If we still qualified for QF playing this game against SA that would have been more embarrassing tbh. The dailies would have been publishing sentimental pieces, fans piling on even more expectations to reach the SF.... all based on this flawed batting ...!!!

Anyway, thats that... Aus series e ki ase kopale ke jane. But we should definitely play zim/ireland/ned/afg more... till we master the technique of scoring 300 constantly... there is simply no other way....